[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Jet-Ace
Back OT: I don't understand how people are clocking it so high; I've gotten reboots with everything over 691. Is there any more to it than setting the max in SetCPU then carrying on as usual?

My Blade reboots if I set it to 806 MHz. With all other settings it runs without any problems. Not a single reboot except that 806 MHz. So 710 MHz is nothing special, used to run it 729 MHz.

Edited by Jet-Ace

Guest Afrodude
Back OT: I don't understand how people are clocking it so high; I've gotten reboots with everything over 691. Is there any more to it than setting the max in SetCPU then carrying on as usual?

Mine doesn't like going above that aswell. Each device is unique B)

I have Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_lite not overckloced + new AHB kernel on the TeleFinland 3.2mpix phone

Quadrant say: max CPU speed 800 now is 322MHz min is 121 but score is 399 points :unsure:

You need to install the application "SetCPU", be careful with it though.

Guest Nimezis
Mine doesn't like going above that aswell. Each device is unique :unsure:

You need to install the application "SetCPU", be careful with it though.

Thank You!

Guest vitroid
Should be easily be 530-540 if you installed Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_new_kernel_ahb_overclocked.zip and set SetCPU let's say 710 MHz + advanced settings. And this was with conservative scaling.

You have Saunalahti's Blade?

I get around 500 with 710 MHz overclock and AHB overclock

I also have a 48 MB VMHeap

Guest deusum86

First of all I want to thank all the great devs on this forum which sacrifie their time and put an enormous effort into evolving our gadget!!! Thank you all guys!!!!

I get around 500 with 710 MHz overclock and AHB overclock

mine must have a miserable build quality.... scaling over 65x mhz isn't possible for longer time. Strangely it works in set cpu... even passes the stress test up to 710 mhz.... but after a few minutes of using (listening to music while surfing the web) it freezes and i have to pull out the battery.

after all... can i blame orange for bad assembling because i'm not able to overclock it...:unsure:

Wouldn't it be worth a try only to see the customer cares reaction...?B)

I also have a 48 MB VMHeap

Have you set your cache to sd or is it on the internal storage?

Guest Blues003

So far, 710 MHz appear stable. My goal was to run advanced levels of Angry Birds well. Since it still doesn't, OC ends up being useless to me...

Guest Meizirkki

Hmh android browser fails with forum attachments... I meant to have this in my previous post.

JJRLS4 with the new OC kernel at 725mhz

Finally faster than the EVO :unsure:

post-798974-1294350140_thumb.png

Edited by Meizirkki

Guest deusum86
Hmh android browser fails with forum attachments... I meant to have this in my previous post.

Finally faster than the EVO B)

Hmm.. which ROM are you running? You should disable stagefright to get the proper result...:unsure:

Guest DonJamal

ah B) mine 480... after overclocked cpu to 710 it was 450 :angry:

Guest Meizirkki
Hmm.. which ROM are you running? You should disable stagefright to get the proper result...:unsure:

Japanise Jellyfish RLS4. Before stagefright and OC it was less than 500

Edited by Meizirkki

Guest Afrodude
Japanise Jellyfish RLS4. Before stagefright and OC it was less than 500

Stagefright is broken that is why it is disabled. Quadrant as a result skips a few tests - hence the higher numbers.

how to change VMHeap?

VMHeap Tool (get it from the market) or manually edit build.prop

Edited by Afrodude

Guest Skywrit3r

Every CPU is unique and have a different top speed.

Qualcomm guarantees that every CPU can run stable at 600MHz. Everything you get over that is a bonus.

Every CPU is unique and have a different top speed.

Qualcomm guarantees that every CPU can run stable at 600MHz. Everything you get over that is a bonus.

Could anyone tell me if JIT is enabled on this ROM, please.

I have my blade overclocked to 710MHz and am only getting 7.1 MFLOPS in linpack.. other 2.2 devices with slower MSMs chips are getting higher scores with froyo.

Edited by sawta

Guest Rotmann

Why are people so obsessed with benchmark scores? It's just like your penis gets as big as your Quadrant score :unsure: It is very easy to manipulate these scores (take the broken stagefright as an example), just look for stability and how the ROM feels in day to day use. There is no noticeable difference between a sanfran with 450 points and HW_UI and Stagefright disabled and a sanfran with 1250 points with HW_UI and Stagefright enabled.

Guest Meizirkki
Stagefright is broken that is why it is disabled. Quadrant as a result skips a few tests - hence the higher numbers.

Ah. I wondered why it gave such a boost to the quadrant but didn't seem to affect overall performance. Here's my result with stagefright disabled.

post-798974-1294353093_thumb.png

Mh, >1200 looked much cooler :unsure:

Guest Afrodude
stagefright is false... should i write it to enable to get higher score?

I'll repeat myself again (and others).

Stagefreight is broken.

@All please read and search through the topic before posting. It makes it easier for everyone (especially the developer) to keep track of things. Repeating/ asking the same things just clutters everything up and as a result some important posts can be missed.

Edited by Afrodude

Guest Carlrg

This is not a moan but a small bug report. (very small) The LED does not change to green when fully charged. New kernal. This rom's so sharp it makes your eyes bleed. Thanks once again and very best regards, Carl.

that's got to be a false reading.

Guest Skywrit3r
This is not a moan but a small bug report. (very small) The LED does not change to green when fully charged. New kernal. This rom's so sharp it makes your eyes bleed. Thanks once again and very best regards, Carl.

I agree, this is an eyesore. It also turns off at 90% charge, thats when it used to turn green.

@kallt_kaffe

Can you change how the LED behaves when charging?

I've just flashed the new kernel and I'm surprised to find how much I like the backlight :unsure:

A also love the OC. 729MHz seems to be my limit. I know that benchmarks aren't everything but I got 548 B) I can see the difference when swiping and opening apps.

@sawta

JIT is enabled