[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest pellen

Hmm...I seem to have slightly optimistic signal bars. When I have -101 dBm 6 asu, it still shows 4 of 4 signal bars full. Battery has also drained quite fast. I'm down to 76% after ~7h since full charge. I'm at work so I haven't used the phone more than a few minutes, so it has been idle most of the time. Cell standby has taken 49% of the batterydrain and phone idle has 45%. Anyone got a clue/solution?

Guest David Horvath

Maybe you should write a small howto.

My question would be, if i have RLS4 and want to upgrade to RLS5, do i have to wipe?

Thanks,

David

Guest kallt_kaffe
Maybe you should write a small howto.

My question would be, if i have RLS4 and want to upgrade to RLS5, do i have to wipe?

Thanks,

David

No I don't think so, but if you go from RLS4 (full) to RLS5 you will loose a lot of app. RLS5 is "lite" only so it may be a good idea to make it a fresh start.

Guest IronDoc
Is anyone having problems of disappearing widgets from the add widget menu and homescreen after a reboot (in homescreen it gives the error of widget cannot be loaded or something like that)? Had that problem with APNDroid Pro and Clarus Battery B)

Had to return to a Eclair release because of that :unsure:

You didn't move them to SD did you?

I just found an issue. Well it's not really an issue since some people might like it but for me it's an inconvenience.

The ROM or kernel (I'm not sure since I have no Idea which part is responsible for that) doesn't seem to have a dedicated notifications/alarm channel. The advantage is if you have plugged in your headset the notification sounds and the ringtone of an incoming call are played through the headset. The disadvantage for me is the following: I like listening to music via headphones while falling asleep. (Having a SleepTimer). Obviously I won't unplug the headset while sleeping so my alarm plays through the headset and I can't hear it. (I'm using gentlealarm.apk which has the option to either play it through the "music channel" or through the dedicated "notifications channel"). No matter what settings I choose it plays through the plugged in headset. (On Paul's alpha 3 there are 2 Channels available so alarm/notifications/ringtone always play through built-in speaker)

So could someone help me with this? Is it possible to set this 2 channels in ROM (maybe in build properties or something like this?)? Or do I have to live with that inconvenience?

I would really appreciate all answers and want to thank you in advance.

Best regards

I would also like a fix for this.

Did it work for you before the kernel update deusum? I can't remember; I'll flash the old one and check.

Edit: Same problem with old kernel so it's the ROM.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest Fred Perry

I think i'll try this rom on my sf for the first time!

Just one noob question, is it possible to save my angry birds progress so when i install it in the new rom i can continue from where i was? :unsure:

Thanks for your work and help!

Guest hanswurst90

Just one noob question, is it possible to save my angry birds progress so when i install it in the new rom i can continue from where i was? :unsure:

Use Titanium Backup B)

Guest IronDoc

Progress is saved on SD I think. If not, titanium will save it.

Guest tonnikala
Replaced libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so with versions from the Swedish Comviq ROM (previously used versions from the Finnish Saunlahti ROM).

I have Saunalahti's sim and now it shows that I'm roaming. Saunalahti operates in Elisa's network. They (Saunalahti) fixed that in libril.so.

So tooked libril.so from Finnish ROM and adb pushed that. (I also made saunalahti_ril.zip).

Guest Lost_Animal
hmm ok thanks

Great ROM so far..

OCked to 691Mhz and smooth stable without freezes or any other problems.

Thank you ! :unsure:

Edited by Lost_Animal

Guest Juhanimi
I have Saunalahti's sim and now it shows that I'm roaming. Saunalahti operates in Elisa's network. They (Saunalahti) fixed that in libril.so.

So tooked libril.so from Finnish ROM and adb pushed that. (I also made saunalahti_ril.zip).

Same problem here, Saunalahti and it's roaming. Could you upload fix for that?

So what should I do to get this roaming thing away from RLS5? Do I take those files from RLS4 rom and put them inside RLS5 rom zip? Will it work? I also have Saunalahti phone.

Guest kallt_kaffe
So what should I do to get this roaming thing away from RLS5? Do I take those files from RLS4 rom and put them inside RLS5 rom zip? Will it work? I also have Saunalahti phone.

Yes, that would be libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so. Just take the RLS4 versions and put them in /system/lib in the zip for RLS5 and reinstall, should do the trick.

Guest tonnikala

Exactly. I will upload patch within 15mins. Both files needs to be replaced.

Guest JMRoque
The Frankish themes should still work?

They are working with me that just updated to RLS5 and I'm using the theme from RLS4 without problems.

Mike

Edited by JMRoque

Guest liamdunn

Strange request but how would i go about turning off the backlight LED's on the buttons? ive gotten used to them not being on with the old kernel that i prefer them off as the LED's aint that bright as it is.

Guest Juhanimi
Here is the update for Finnish users. Update replaces libril.so and libril-qc-1.so with the files from RLS4.

Thanks, now it's working perfect =)