[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest frequence
Hi, I'm still on RLS3b and very happy with it. Do you see much benefit on your instal other than being bang up-to-date and in love B)

I was just going to hang about and wait for RLS5 rather than flash again. I've flashed that often i expect to be on the sex offenders register sometime soon...

Worth it or not?

Since RLS5 is out you got your answer. If i knew RLS5 would fall out of the sky today i would have waited for it...but i'll skip 5 and wait for the next to come :unsure:

So far no problems with RLS4, feels smoother than RLS3b but that could be imagination.

Great work kallt_kaffe....you are doing a fantastic job

Guest frequence
Silly question - is RLS4 running on the old Kernel?

RLS4 had the patched 2.1 Kernel...you will have to use the new one for RLS4 or move up to RLS5 instead

Guest daerragh

I've got Saunalahti Blade. What does exactly this update do - saunalahti_ril.zip? I can't seem to understand why do i need this update.

btw. Even though I have Saunalahti Blade, my operator is P4/Play in Poland. Do I still need this update?

Edited by daerragh

Guest dorren

Do not know if this is of interest as its rls 4, but when I use my htc charger the light is green at 45% battery charge level.

A bit strange imo (my ZTE charger is at work so cant test with it).

/Erik

Guest lixcab
RLS4 had the patched 2.1 Kernel...you will have to use the new one for RLS4 or move up to RLS5 instead

Thanks, I just had to check.

I still can't understand why my setCPU won't let me OC over 600MHz? Yes, I installed the add-on.

Edit: I downloaded the RLS4 lite version. I wonder if that affects the addon to OC?

Edited by lixcab

Guest tonnikala
I've got Saunalahti Blade. What does exactly this update do - saunalahti_ril.zip? I can't seem to understand why do i need this update.

btw. Even though I have Saunalahti Blade, my operator is P4/Play in Poland. Do I still need this update?

You don't need that update.

It is for Finnish Saunalahti users. With Saunalahti SIM and without that fix and the phone thinks it is roaming (and it isn't).

Guest kallt_kaffe
Here is the update for Finnish users. Update replaces libril.so and libril-qc-1.so with the files from RLS4.

Great, I added a link to your post from the first post to make it easier to find for other Saunalahti users.

Guest Watashi_PT

JJRLS5 working like a charm here.

i don't understand why this custom rom eats the battery in all releases -.-'. i've done battery calibration and it stay the same.

if using wifi e.t.c. battery drops like 1% per 1m

JJRLS5 working like a charm here.

i don't understand why this custom rom eats the battery in all releases -.-'. i've done battery calibration and it stay the same.

if using wifi e.t.c. battery drops like 1% per 1m

Try disabling hardware acceleration... On Eclair based ROM's with it disabled I had a longer battery life! Didn't tested yet in Froyo based ROM's...

Guest Watashi_PT
Try disabling hardware acceleration... On Eclair based ROM's with it disabled I had a longer battery life! Didn't tested yet in Froyo based ROM's...

Não é isso. Todas as Rom's JJ são assim e algumas não tinham HW AC. É claro que em Eclair tenho muito mais autonomia que em Froyo, quer dizer, ainda não vi queixas nenhumas da versão daqui do MoDaCo 2.2 .

Porque não falar português para variar? :unsure:

Edited by Watashi_PT

Não é isso. Todas as Rom's JJ são assim e algumas não tinham HW AC. É claro que em Eclair tenho muito mais autonomia que em Froyo, quer dizer, ainda não vi queixas nenhumas da versão daqui do MoDaCo 2.2 .

Porque não falar português para variar? :P

LOL :D

Sim, mas, por exemplo, com a ROM Fillyjonk RLS4 e com o HW ligado o consumo de bateria é descomunal, tipo dura para um dia se tanto... Por isso é que o desactivava sempre e tinha uma autonomia bastante superior, quase 2 dias! No entanto ainda vou testar com o HW desligado nesta RLS5 a ver!

English:

Yes, but, for example, with the HW activated in Fillyjonk RLS4 ROM, the battery consumption was huge, and battery life was about a day or maybe less. That's why I always had it disabled and the battery life was significantly larger, about 2 days! Nevertheless, I'll test it in this RLS5 version to see the results!

Guest mario999

Really itching to try this ROM, but if a lot of apps have now been removed from the system partition, will this just mean I now have to put stuff like Gmail and Maps on the Data partition? At the moment only using Fat2SD and getting memory low errors. So either I have to mess with partition sizes or reformat everything to get Apps2SD working.

Whats the benefit of such a slim main ROM if I'm not looking to mess with the partition sizes?

Maybe I have this wrapped around my neck and I don't want this to sound like complaining, because I really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into putting this Rom together.

Just looking for clarification more than anything.

Edited by mario999

Guest defcrash
Can I just update from RLS4 to RLS5 or do I have to wipe data/cache etc??

Thanks

Slipperz :D

I updated from RLS3 to the RLS5 without wipe data/cache and everything runs smoothly!

How do you disable HW acceleration.

+1

Great work kallt_kaffe, thanks, this rom is the best i've tried so far!