[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rayraven

Okay, found a problem, mediaserver keeps taking 90%+ cpu once i start playing any song.

I havent added anything to my sd card and i didnt have this issue on FLB.

Reboot fixes it, but only until i play another song.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I'm going to try this ROM (i'm going to download in about 10 mins) But what does this file do? Is this an additional thing I need to install to the root of my SD card and using the clockwork method unzip to my phone? Or is this merged to the main ROM file on the first page?

Thanks

Anyone please? :(

Guest lankyfatrick
Great wee rom you got here, loving the over clocked speed boost.

I am having one issue though, no matter what time I set the screen timeout for, it will never switch off.

e.g. 15 seconds, screen will dim at 15 seconds and then stay on indefinitely. this could potentially be a huge battery drain.

anyone have any ideas?

fixed it with a good few reboots in a row after reflashing. gotta love wierd bugs.

Edited by lankyfatrick

Anyone please? :(

Try replacing Phone.apk with the attached version. While I cannot replicate the problem on my phone I think I might have been able to bypass it. The easiest way to replace it would be to replace it in the installation zip file and reinstall (it goes in /system/app).

But if you are familiar with adb you could try this:

adb remount

adb push Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk

adb reboot

If you're not comfortable doing either of those, I'd suggest you wait until the next release where I would assume it will be included.

Use the merged file(s) you referenced in your first post that includes both fixes, rather than the one kallt_kaffe was referring to in his instructions which was before both issues were fixed.

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest JMRoque

Hi.

Just installed this ROM and it's working great. Before installing it, I've deleted from the zip some apk's that I didn't need. This is a fast ROM, the fastest I've tryed to now. Raging Thunder 2 run smooth and much better than with other ROM's and on Quadrant I've got a 971 score.

Sometimes it keeps showing the message "Connection cannot be made"! If in the energy control widget I press the button between the GPS and the Sync, the message stops. What is this button for?

For what I've seen, only the FM Radio is not working, or better, it works and catches the radio stations, but no sound at all!

Keep up the good work.

Mike

Guest oh!dougal

I have no idea who to make an update that works with that so Clockwork it is...

I certainly don't know the mechanics BUT devs should note that this was the method used to 'flash in' the Hungarian software update which "unlocks" the ram to 512.

There must be an awful lot to be learned from seeing how that image does what it does ... it seems to rewrite the entire firmware. (Virginity regained!) This should lay out the preboot loader for inspection ...

Wouldn't it also handle partitioning?

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1534303

Guest rayraven
Okay, found a problem, mediaserver keeps taking 90%+ cpu once i start playing any song.

I havent added anything to my sd card and i didnt have this issue on FLB.

Reboot fixes it, but only until i play another song.

Any ideas?

Okay, unmounting & re-mounting the sd card fixes it.

I guess that's an okay work-around, but a fix would be great.

Guest t0mm13b

Guys... just noticed....

Do you have led lights on for the keys?

When I switched to Japanese Jelly, no led lights obviously as it wasn't there... reverted back to BladeVillain ROM, the leds are fcuked... :(

Can anyone confirm this....?

Guest hecatae
Guys... just noticed....

Do you have led lights on for the keys?

When I switched to Japanese Jelly, no led lights obviously as it wasn't there... reverted back to BladeVillain ROM, the leds are fcuked... :(

Can anyone confirm this....?

the only 2.2 kernel working has no support for the keypad leds, same issue on all current 2.2 roms

Guest IronDoc
the only 2.2 kernel working has no support for the keypad leds, same issue on all current 2.2 roms

The back button light works on Paul's Froyo a4 for me; I think it worked on flibble's too.

Guest hecatae
The back button light works on Paul's Froyo a4 for me; I think it worked on flibble's too.

the notification led works, but the key it self does not light up permanently with a white back light

Guest IronDoc
the notification led works, but the key it self does not light up permanently with a white back light

Oh I didn't realise it was supposed to.

Is the Gingerbread keyboard's sized fixed in this or do you still have to use lcddensity after every boot?

Guest t0mm13b

Is it possible to take a stock 2.2 kernel source and merge it with specific eclair bits (from the 2.1 roms?) I'd be enlightened and grateful if you or someone else can advise me as I'd like to help out... :(

Hi.

Just installed this ROM and it's working great. Before installing it, I've deleted from the zip some apk's that I didn't need. This is a fast ROM, the fastest I've tryed to now. Raging Thunder 2 run smooth and much better than with other ROM's and on Quadrant I've got a 971 score.

Sometimes it keeps showing the message "Connection cannot be made"! If in the energy control widget I press the button between the GPS and the Sync, the message stops. What is this button for?

For what I've seen, only the FM Radio is not working, or better, it works and catches the radio stations, but no sound at all!

Keep up the good work.

Mike

the 'Connection cannot be made' pop up is referring to mobile data, make sure your APN settings are correct and you should not get that error anymore.

Guest rayraven
Okay, unmounting & re-mounting the sd card fixes it.

I guess that's an okay work-around, but a fix would be great.

Hmm, the workaround works only for a while.

If i pause music & play it again, mediaserver goes backup to 90%+

This is getting annoying.

Any ideas guys?

Guest heavyduty00

Does this have the option to do apps to sd card on the rom?

Are you guys getting scores of around 1000 in quadrant with overclock or normal 600mhz processor?

And what is hardware GUI accelleration, stagefright etc??

Thanks.

Guest JMRoque
the 'Connection cannot be made' pop up is referring to mobile data, make sure your APN settings are correct and you should not get that error anymore.

Some time after made my post here, I've noticed that the message was for mobile data and was caused because it was turned off by APNDroid but the option in the settings was on, so it was trying to get mobile data using a APN changed by APNdroid. As sometimes I don't want to use mobile data, I've decided to remove APNdroid from this ROM and use only the widget to turn mobile data on/off. It's more easy that have programs instaled that I don't use.

Mike

Guest fishb00n
Does this have the option to do apps to sd card on the rom?

Are you guys getting scores of around 1000 in quadrant with overclock or normal 600mhz processor?

And what is hardware GUI accelleration, stagefright etc??

Thanks.

normal cpu speed 600mhz + overclocked ahb (bus speed) + hw acceleration + stagefright enabled gives 11xx in quadrant as kallt_kaffe said in post #1