[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest deusum86
yeah it's easy peezy, all make sure you have adb installed, you'll have to find that on this forum if you don't already have it on your pc, then jump into a command line and navigate your way to the adb install dir, eg:

>cd \

>cd adb

then type,

>adb remount

>adb pull system/build.prop

then take a look in your adb install dir on your pc, you'll see that build.prop in there, open it with wordpad and look for the line dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m and change the 32 to 48, or whatever your going to try out,

save the file and then back at command line.

>adb remount

>adb push build.prop ./system/build.prop

you should see it upload to the phone. Reboot the phone, and that should be it!

And that's it for my tiny tutorial :(

Mike

Well thanks a lot for that tutorial... changing with root explorer works too... but what does vm heapsize affect? the dalvik cache size? and why is bigger better...??? If I am right with my speculation this would mean that 48 mb of RAM are used for dalvik cache... which will bring you better ui performance??? but you have less space for apps running right? I further assume it shouldn't impact a lot on blade to increase the heapsize since it has got 512 mb RAM right?

Any answer would be great!!! Thx in advance

Edited by deusum86

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

No screen freezes. Only potential problem I'm experiencing is with the GPS taking quite a while to find location - sometimes not at all - in Google Maps although with Navigation it works fine.

Edit: clearing the cache seemed to fix that.

Edited by Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Guest Phoenix Silver
Well thanks a lot for that tutorial... changing with root explorer works too... but what does vm heapsize affect? the dalvik cache size? and why is bigger better...??? If I am right with my speculation this would mean that 48 mb of RAM are used for dalvik cache... which will bring you better ui performance??? but you have less space for apps running right? I further assume it shouldn't impact a lot on blade to increase the heapsize since it has got 512 mb RAM right?

Any answer would be great!!! Thx in advance

in my config dalvik cache is stored in SD Card no matter the size at all :(

I have managed to make this ROM ignore sim lock.

That means no more USIM error and you will be able to use any sim card even if you haven't unlocked your phone!

I am attaching modified Phone.apk which should be replaced in ROM .zip file.

jellyfish_nolock.rar

Edited by MDCFan

Boy this dialer to japan thing is bloody annoying, every call i make it's asking me to choose if it's to japan.

Anyone know how to turn it off?

Have you tried using another dialer?

Guest deusum86

Well I got a last question... do I need SetCpu for setting the speed or ist this AHB Overclocking a standalone solution which won't affect the cpu speed? It's because I downloaded and installed setcpu (newest version) and installed it. It shows me 600 Mhz max clockspeed which means in words of setcpu it isn't overclocked. I flashed the AHB add on right after the ROM itself (without rebooting between). Has it been properly installed or should i maybe flash it again?

Thx a lot for your help. I'm really trying to search and google first but this is such a specific question that I wasn't able to find an answer.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Guest fishb00n

iirc ahb overclock != cpu overclock. for cpu overclocking we need a different kernel.

can anyone say something about the battery life with overclocked bus speed?

Edited by fishb00n

Well I got a last question... do I need SetCpu for setting the speed or ist this AHB Overclocking a standalone solution which won't affect the cpu speed? It's because I downloaded and installed setcpu (newest version) and installed it. It shows me 600 Mhz max clockspeed which means in words of setcpu it isn't overclocked. I flashed the AHB add on right after the ROM itself (without rebooting between). Has it been properly installed or should i maybe flash it again?

Thx a lot for your help. I'm really trying to search and google first but this is such a specific question that I wasn't able to find an answer.

Thanks in advance and best regards

The AHB overclock is set automatically, you don't need to do anything with it.

Anyone else getting really really low 2d/3d performance on this? I've wiped as usual and installed the zip without modding it at all, and I get some really really low 2d/3d performance. All the quadrant tests run at like 6fps, apart from the one with the planets which runs around 25 fps. Quadrant score is fine, but the actual performance is terrible IMO.

Edited by cobhc

The AHB overclock is set automatically, you don't need to do anything with it.

Anyone else getting really really low 2d/3d performance on this? I've wiped as usual and installed the zip without modding it at all, and I get some really really low 2d/3d performance. All the quadrant tests run at like 6fps, apart from the one with the planets which runs around 25 fps. Quadrant score is fine, but the actual performance is terrible IMO.

I was on fillyjonk rls4, upgraded to this with ahb overclock, gangstar would play fine on 2.1 (abit laggy), but on this, it plays smooth but textures are missing, buldings are just blocks of black, cars are white blocks...so yeah i guess 2d/3d is worse off than before

That means no more USIM error and you will be able to use any sim card even if you haven't unlocked your phone!

Do you think this will work on all android phones? What. Did you change

I was on fillyjonk rls4, upgraded to this with ahb overclock, gangstar would play fine on 2.1 (abit laggy), but on this, it plays smooth but textures are missing, buldings are just blocks of black, cars are white blocks...so yeah i guess 2d/3d is worse off than before

Rebooted, installed the AHB overclock and all seems fine now performance wise. :(

Guest Redzo31

what are u using to make zip files ? if I use 7zip and try to replace Phone.apk when i try to install it just stops nad goes back to default clockworkmod 2.5.1.3 screen.

Edited by Redzo31

Guest Frankish

Just had a good go at making this rom fit my needs.

Added legacy a2sd (init.d support)

Modified vold.fstab to fix corruption of files when using old a2sd.

Fingerprint changed to Passion to enable all apps.

Deleted tons of junk apps.

If it works ok for me i'll be using this day to day and will port my themes over to it :(

Guest rayraven
Just had a good go at making this rom fit my needs.

Added legacy a2sd (init.d support)

Modified vold.fstab to fix corruption of files when using old a2sd.

Fingerprint changed to Passion to enable all apps.

Deleted tons of junk apps.

If it works ok for me i'll be using this day to day and will port my themes over to it ;)

Can you share the fingerprint? I think we need to edit build.prop right?

Also, waiting for your gingerbread theme :(

Do you think this will work on all android phones? What. Did you change

I've changed comparison in NetLock class HasAlreadyUnlocked method. See original code and comment here: http://pastebin.com/nufeLUju

I know the solution is not perfect (better to remove those lines and just return true), but it was a quick change in smali code.

Edited by MDCFan

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but USB charging seems to be taking absolutely ages, it's taken about 45 minutes for the phone to charge from 49% to 53%.

Does it not work with 2.5.1.8?

It does work with 2.5.1.8....

I've used it since 2 days ago and it works like a charm, with rotation correct and flashing (haven't tried formatting extX).

Running Jellyfish RLS1 and overcĺock (with orange sim in Sweden as I'm using my regular sim in my Desire).

BTW, I bought 2 SFO black in London (Orange store on Oxford street 3 weeks ago and they still had AMOLED), even though the store

salesperson tried to move 2 white to me (LSD).

Thanks for the ROM!

Regards,

Rickard