Next Wednesday,We will get a perfect ROM.

Guest Weird Sun

Guest Weird Sun

ZTE blade will start to sell in China next Wednesday.

We will get a perfect Android 2.2 ROM for zte blade.

It will support:

1. GSM/WCDMA global telephone network

2. FM is Normal Working.

3. Multi-Language

4. LEDs is Normal Working.

Let us wait for it!

Edited by Weird Sun

Guest Weird Sun
@Weird Sun, are you in china? will you be the one who has the honour to provide us with this rom? I hope ZTE release the source soon as well...

Yes, I am in China. I will upload the rom as soon as possible, if I get the Chinese ROM. :(

Guest Weird Sun
isnt v880 same as the blade??

Yes, V880 hardware is the same to San Fran. But it have a little bit different from SF.

ZTE V880 is TFT screen and 256M RAM instead of SF's 512M RAM. (I am not very sure about RAM size.)

Will this ROM works without any modifications in Blade? I have version with 5Mpix camera, and if this Chinse rom is for 3,2Mpix is it possible somehow make this 5mpix camera work also with this rom?

Edited by Oyorf

could this finally be the real Froyo for the SF.. :(

I Think It's still gunna need some tweaking just like the japanese rom to work and we still havn't got proper froyo out of that. Why will this be any different?

Guest Sebastian404

Hmnm,

considering the V880 apparently has different Radio/modem hardware from the Blade...

considering the v880 is coming from a CHINESE carrier...

considering that ZTE left the CKPD-daemon still running in the (apparently) retail version of the 00Z1....

I don't think it will be perfect by any standards.

Hmnm,

considering the V880 apparently has different Radio/modem hardware from the Blade...

considering that ZTE left the CKPD-daemon still running in the (apparently) retail version of the 00Z1....

+1 to this. With ZTE's track record, I think a lot of tweaking will be needed. It'd be a load better if they just released the source code for Froyo, then we could build our own roms from it. Though they'll probably release it with problems again like they did with the Eclair source code.

Guest dimerrr

SO no big news it will be another v880 rom that needs modification!It will just be probably a bit better than the japanese because of the more enabled options!

Hmnm,

What is your source for the v880 having different radio hardware? Isn't the radio part of the MSM chipset so same chipset=same radio?

Guest dadashi

Oh well, there was lots of talk that the chinese froyo rom would be the one...

I want a reliable rom that I can use without screen freezes, phone problems, app problems, radio, GPS, sensor and button probs.....to be able to use the SF to navigate around europe with no hitches...Looks like I'll be using modaco's 2.1 for some time to come...

Guest Rotmann
Hmnm,

+1

I think the japanese ROM will still be better untill ZTE releases the source code for Froyo. We have had the chinese leaked stuff and it needed lots of work.

@dadashi, use Seb's 2.2 Froyo based on the japanese ROM, it's definitely the best Froyo for the Blade at the moment.

Edited by Rotmann