Next Wednesday,We will get a perfect ROM.

Guest Weird Sun

ZTE blade will start to sell in China next Wednesday.

We will get a perfect Android 2.2 ROM for zte blade.

It will support:

1. GSM/WCDMA global telephone network

2. FM is Normal Working.

3. Multi-Language

4. LEDs is Normal Working.

Let us wait for it!

Fantastic!!! that means that MUIU will be possible :(

+1

I think the japanese ROM will still be better untill ZTE releases the source code for Froyo. We have had the chinese leaked stuff and it needed lots of work.

@dadashi, use Seb's 2.2 Froyo based on the japanese ROM, it's definitely the best Froyo for the Blade at the moment.

Not meaning to sound like an ass, but what does Seb's 2.2 Jap Rom offer that Kallt's doesn't in your opinion?

Guest Andr0ider
Not meaning to sound like an ass, but what does Seb's 2.2 Jap Rom offer that Kallt's doesn't in your opinion?

Personally, I'd leave original Android boot logo instead of ugly jellyfish :( and remove all preinstalled stuff.

Guest Simon O
SO no big news it will be another v880 rom that needs modification!It will just be probably a bit better than the japanese because of the more enabled options!

and a kernel that will work on our phones (the Japanese kernel is incompatible).

Hmnm,

considering the V880 apparently has different Radio/modem hardware from the Blade...

considering the v880 is coming from a CHINESE carrier...

considering that ZTE left the CKPD-daemon still running in the (apparently) retail version of the 00Z1....

I don't think it will be perfect by any standards.

Erm the kernel in the Chinese ROM supports our phones. Just need to change the RIL libraries. And what is the problem with it coming from Chinese? You do know that the phone you are using is Chinese too?

Somebody posted that removing CKPD-daemon breaks bluetooth tethering? Can't test this myself.

Oh well, there was lots of talk that the chinese froyo rom would be the one...

I want a reliable rom that I can use without screen freezes, phone problems, app problems, radio, GPS, sensor and button probs.....to be able to use the SF to navigate around europe with no hitches...Looks like I'll be using modaco's 2.1 for some time to come...

Yes but we ended up with another test ROM and not a final ROM because the phone was delayed in China. When we do get the final release ROM it'll be as good as the Japanese ROM with the advantage that the kernel will work.

Most of the issues you have listed are already fixed in Paul's MCR r4 ROM. I don't get any issues apart from the FM Radio not working but I don't care about that.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest hecatae
considering that ZTE left the CKPD-daemon still running in the (apparently) retail version of the 00Z1....

I don't think it will be perfect by any standards.

as mentioned on jellyfish thread, CKPD-Daemon is needed for bluetooth tethering.

Guest Simon O
as mentioned on jellyfish thread, CKPD-Daemon is needed for bluetooth tethering.

Many devices have CKPD-Daemon so it probably is needed. More than likely it's the kernel itself or the boot init scripts causing CKPD-Daemon to be utilizing so much CPU.

Guest hecatae
Many devices have CKPD-Daemon so it probably is needed. More than likely it's the kernel itself or the boot init scripts causing CKPD-Daemon to be utilizing so much CPU.

specifically the CKPD +200 AT Command is used to see if bluetooth headset button is pressed

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms881905.aspx

removing the daemon breaks communication with bluetooth devices

and a kernel that will work on our phones (the Japanese kernel is incompatible).

Erm the kernel in the Chinese ROM supports our phones. Just need to change the RIL libraries. And what is the problem with it coming from Chinese? You do know that the phone you are using is Chinese too?

Somebody posted that removing CKPD-daemon breaks bluetooth tethering? Can't test this myself.

Yes but we ended up with another test ROM and not a final ROM because the phone was delayed in China. When we do get the final release ROM it'll be as good as the Japanese ROM with the advantage that the kernel will work.

Most of the issues you have listed are already fixed in Paul's MCR r4 ROM. I don't get any issues apart from the FM Radio not working but I don't care about that.

I don't think there is any guarantee that the Chinese kernel will work, the config for the Softbank version is almost identical to the one that KK has been using to compile his custom kernel. More likely there is some minor change which may also be found on the chinese version, hopefully we can compile it ourselves once ZTE pull their fingers out and release source (which will no doubt need fixing)

removing the daemon breaks communication with bluetooth devices

That's not true, I've just removed the file, rebooted, and my phone still finds and connects to my bluetooth headset.

Guest Sebastian404

Chinese CARRIER...

you've heard of the Great Firewall of China?

Guest Simon O
I don't think there is any guarantee that the Chinese kernel will work, the config for the Softbank version is almost identical to the one that KK has been using to compile his custom kernel. More likely there is some minor change which may also be found on the chinese version, hopefully we can compile it ourselves once ZTE pull their fingers out and release source (which will no doubt need fixing)

the Japanese kernel was built with a different base address. . The Chinese kernels so far has been built for a base address that works on our phones. But yes, source would be much preferred.

Guest Sebastian404
What is your source for the v880 having different radio hardware? Isn't the radio part of the MSM chipset so same chipset=same radio?

Somewhere on here, months ago there was some pictures of the V880 at one of the mobile shows, from when it was first announced..

it was next to a sign showing a much larger number of bands than the Blade supports...

And then there was another picture of the device with the back removed, and printed in the battery compartment of the device was again, more bands than the Blade Supports...

Guest Simon O
Chinese CARRIER...

you've heard of the Great Firewall of China?

Sorry.. thought you just had an issue with it being Chinese. Anyway I don't believe there will be anything to worry about.

Guest hecatae
That's not true, I've just removed the file, rebooted, and my phone still finds and connects to my bluetooth headset.

and does your handset respond to button presses on your bluetooth headset?

and does your handset respond to button presses on your bluetooth headset?

Yes, tried just now and I can skip and pause/play music tracks using the buttons on the headset.

Somewhere on here, months ago there was some pictures of the V880 at one of the mobile shows, from when it was first announced..

it was next to a sign showing a much larger number of bands than the Blade supports...

And then there was another picture of the device with the back removed, and printed in the battery compartment of the device was again, more bands than the Blade Supports...

Yeah, everything I can find about the V880 suggests Quad band rather than Tri band like the SF.

Guest dadashi
Yeah, everything I can find about the V880 suggests Quad band rather than Tri band like the SF.

simpleton question, does ours have a hidden fourth band to unlock as well...like unlocking the hidden 256MB in 256MB ZTE Blades ...?

simpleton question, does ours have a hidden fourth band to unlock as well...like unlocking the hidden 256MB in 256MB ZTE Blades ...?

That would be best answered by someone other than myself (I'm a slightly educated simpleton, nothing more :().

Guest fonix232

AND, what's if those bands ARE in our Blade, but blocked by software (like the 256MB RAM)?

Difficult to be sure but the slides here http://wendang.baidu.com/view/0f4f8637f111f18583d05af3.html and ZTE's approach of shipping with bits turned off for different markets (half the memory missing for example!) suggest it's probably the same RF module, if not then at least it's the same MSM7227 chip that talks to the RF module anyway, so fingers crossed it should still work ok.

Guest shadowninty
AND, what's if those bands ARE in our Blade, but blocked by software (like the 256MB RAM)?

bit OT, but I am completely confused as to why ZTE would do this

Makes no business sense :(

Guest oh!dougal

The 256 mb ram issue seems to have been more cockup than conspiracy.

I would speculate that some domestic Chinese frequency bands might not be used elsewhere. (Might even be illegal.)

We see this sort of thing with the FM Radio, where different frequency ranges are employed in different continents.

Its perfectly possible that some channels are within the chips' capability, but blocked because they mustn't be used here.

You have that sort of thing with wifi channels too.

If recent history has been anything to go by, the cell radio isn't likely to be an insuperable problem.

So, here's a "thank you" from me, for the offer of a rom by someone who seems to know the release date!