Next Wednesday,We will get a perfect ROM.

Guest Weird Sun

Guest Simon O
Can we not use the compatible 2.6.29 Kernel from 2.1 with android 2.2?

As far as I know the devs for Xdandroid have 2.1 working well with 2.6.29

In a nutshell.. no. Well at least not without an awful lot of work which would be absolutely pointless.

Guest dadashi
..... they know about this forum and the work people have been doing. Maybe they just want to ensure their big corporate customers get the shiny 2.2 headlines first and their release isn't overshadowed by better ROMs already being widely available before they launch :unsure:....s.

I'm sure they've downloaded nearly every rom postet here and more than likely used bits of these in their own developements....

Edited by dadashi

In a nutshell.. no. Well at least not without an awful lot of work which would be absolutely pointless.

I didn't realise the 2.2 and 2.1 kernel interactions were that different :unsure:

So it looks like the best approach would be to file a GPL violation with the EFF (after a reasonable amount of time... they may still release the code by their own volition)

Guest Arr Too
I'm sure they've downloaded nearly every rom postet here

Hmm... maybe...

more than likely used bits of these in their own developements....

Hmm... HOPEFULLY! That's what Open Source is all about, after all. It would be great if they were picking up little enhancements and stuff.

Guest AceOfSpades

If its only fixing those few issues in the original post, how will it make the blade any faster??

Isn't the current froyo rom already pretty much perfect barring the minor bugs/quirks. tbh I coloudn't care less if the leds aren't working, I don't even know why they flash red and green on my eclair rom anyway, it just seems random to me :unsure:

EDIT Actually the one use is knowing when its charged...

Edited by AceOfSpades

Guest Simon O
I didn't realise the 2.2 and 2.1 kernel interactions were that different :unsure:

So it looks like the best approach would be to file a GPL violation with the EFF (after a reasonable amount of time... they may still release the code by their own volition)

Only if they refuse to release the code once they have a device on the open market with Android 2.2. Until then ZTE don't have to release the source.

Guest tom619
Only if they refuse to release the code once they have a device on the open market with Android 2.2. Until then ZTE don't have to release the source.

and this device is the chinese v880 out this week right?

Guest Sebastian404
If i'm not mistaken the chinese rom will be the first official and stable rom.

I hope it solves most of our issues, e.g. the HUGE battery consumption.

What exactly do you think the Softbank device is.?? it IS the first offical 2.2 rom...

Also issues with 'HUGE battery consumption' is more than likely because your using a ROM that's overclocked and otherwise hacked for *PERFORMANCE*

Guest crazyfool_1

yh but can't we file based on the fact they have yet to release the correct source for the orange (possibly the other various European providers as well) version of the blade, i know they screwed up and don't have it but maybe filing would force them to redo one or help us fix the bugs atm

Guest Hopelessness

Out of interest, what's stopping you using source code for other MSM7227 based devices, like the HTC Legend or the Linx Commtiva N700?

Guest Nognir

Is the chinese Froyo ROM that necessary for the european Blades? Is there a significant hardware difference of japanese Blade with european/chinese ones?

Guest tom619
Out of interest, what's stopping you using source code for other MSM7227 based devices, like the HTC Legend or the Linx Commtiva N700?

yeah, what he said?

Hmm... maybe...

Hmm... HOPEFULLY! That's what Open Source is all about, after all. It would be great if they were picking up little enhancements and stuff.

Most manufacturers seem to view android as a free development platform and bandwagon to be jumped on whilst paying little. Or no attention to the license obligations.

The chipset is only the start, it can be tailored, have tailored firmware etc and fhen there is. The other hw, screen, camera, wifi etc

Guest Simon O

ZTE, like most manufacturers, make changes to the code. Also they may be using code from other sources and modules which other devices won't use.

Guest Simon O
yh but can't we file based on the fact they have yet to release the correct source for the orange (possibly the other various European providers as well) version of the blade, i know they screwed up and don't have it but maybe filing would force them to redo one or help us fix the bugs atm

ZTE did release the 2.1 kernel source which was found to be broken and they uploaded a newer version which fixes most of the issues. So they've done their part with regards to Eclair. They promised the Froyo source soon. Lets wait and see if they deliver.

Guest xenopod
ZTE, like most manufacturers, make changes to the code. Also they may be using code from other sources and modules which other devices won't use.

but at the end of the day ZTE and many other should realise the open source commuity is there to benifit there hardware, not destroy it.

Guest Sebastian404
ZTE did release the 2.1 kernel source which was found to be broken and they uploaded a newer version which fixes most of the issues. So they've done their part with regards to Eclair. They promised the Froyo source soon. Lets wait and see if they deliver.

Then we can bug them about busybox....

hey, we don't NEED the source for busybox, but it would be hypocritical of us not to remind them of ALL their obligations.

Guest gusthy

I guess, filing ZTE is not a very good idea.

1, They made a very good phone for a very good price, btw, with a rather usable stock rom.

2, This phone is easy to root, mod, etc., so it is definitely a community-friendly phone, let's compare it to Galaxy 3 or Xperia series or whichever you want.

3, They already released 2.1 source

So it seems that however they do their things a little bit sloopy, at the end of the day we can be happy with this device.

Filing them is a very drastic step, and I quess, it will not serve the interest of the community.

In one of the topics here I read that they are planning to release the source as a new year present :unsure:

Guest gusthy

hey, we don't NEED the source for busybox, but it would be hypocritical of us not to remind them of ALL their obligations.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I guess, busybox is not deployed in stock ROM, is it?

Guest Nognir
In one of the topics here I read that they are planning to release the source as a new year present :unsure:

ZTE

"I get information from our developers. The Froyo source code can not be released before Jan 1 2011 as a new year gift but it will be published before Jan 7 2011 as a lated new year gift. "

For those bored of searching...

Anxiously waiting for it as well. It'll be a Froyo update+512mb RAM patch for my Blade (highly doubt that WIND here in Greece will implement it on the update)

Edited by Nognir

Guest xenopod

seb i emailed them very polite as well asking for source, hope we see it soon, would be great to work with them and develope a rom that thay can pass on, would show immense spirit and faith in the community