No boot logo/animation

Guest fishears

Guest fishears

Hi

I flashed my phone with European Open V20B using KDZ Updater and since then I don't get the LG logo, LG animation or Android animation at boot time. All I get is a black screen for the same amount of time as the animations would show then the Android UI. I DO hear the Android animation sound though.

Anyway, since then I have updated to V20C using the official LG Updater and that went smoothly (but still no boot stuff) and just yesterday I flashed to Baltic V20D using KDZ Updater (still no boot stuff).

Can anybody tell me what's wrong? Do the roms not include the boot animations? Do I have to flash something else?

Thanks Guys!

Guest fishears

Found the answer myself so I'll share it here:

Go to this thread over at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825173

Look at post 22 to download the French V20A and the OUT.KDZ then flash them as per post 23

That is:

Turn phone off

Pull battery, SIM and SD Card

Hold Vol- and plug in USB - should go into Download Mode

Run KDZ Updater in CS_Emergency mode and flash the French V20A rom

When it finishes pull the USB cable and hold Vol- and plug in USB

Phone goes back into Download Mode

Flash OUT.KDZ (again in CS_Emergency mode

After that your anims are restored and you should flash whatever ROM you want to use.

Go to this thread over at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825173

Look at post 22 to download the French V20A and the OUT.KDZ then flash them as per post 23

That is:

Turn phone off

After that your anims are restored and you should flash whatever ROM you want to use.

Just wanted to say thank you for your tips, this worked perfectly and I got back boot up logos.

Regards

Jacks

Guest triti3

That is:

Turn phone off

I also want to say thanks. Your post made me re-look at my phone and flash it yet again. This time it is now fully working. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markisioful

I do everything step by step .... but when I lunch KDZ (program don't responding) .... I have instaled all nesesery drivers, I disebled the Lg modem... tryed a diferent KDZ programs, but thay all didn't respond....

I'm using officila v20b rom ......

What should I do ???

Edited by markisioful

Guest fishears
I do everything step by step .... but when I lunch KDZ (program don't responding) .... I have instaled all nesesery drivers, I disebled the Lg modem... tryed a diferent KDZ programs, but thay all didn't respond....

I'm using officila v20b rom ......

What should I do ???

Do you mean Windows says the program is not responding or do you mean that you can't get any of the buttons to work?

Guest markisioful
Do you mean Windows says the program is not responding or do you mean that you can't get any of the buttons to work?

I solved the problem .... mu lg moden wasn't disable ... when I disabled the modem KDZ started working and J back my boot logo like u said in the description.... TY man ....

One more question .... Now when i want to reflash whit another rom .... should I do it whit CS_EMERGENCY mode ... or can i do it whit DIAG mode ...the logoas still will be there right ???

Edited by markisioful

• 5 months later...
Guest michaelbolland

That is:

Turn phone off

my lg540 was completely dead - black screen nothing just usb connection - i thought it was completely bricked and you have saved me a trip to the shop

so KUDOS to you!!! you make me cry tears of joy