[THEMES]For Japanese Jelly RLS9+ *Gingerbread Theme!*

Guest Frankish

Guest 90180360
weirdly if i include the gingerbread (no battery) in the rom before flashing it just gets stuck on the nexus boot loop ;/ rather strange

This happened to me when I flashed, then installed without reboot.

Guest SWOriginal
Can I drop the framework-res.apk from this straight into the JJ RLS3 ROM .zip? Or is there something else that needs to be done?

you would need the services.jar too, but dont do it as it causes a boot loop

Guest Frankish

Guys you must let any new installs boot fully before applying any mod! This is just the nature of my themes. Its only one small extra step!

Warning added to first post.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

Yes as that version is only changed location of two settings apks and deleted 2 audio related files. Framework is untouched so all compatible. I'll update all texts to include the B!

Guest Hullywood

these themes dont work for me, I boot them from clockrecovery and when the sytem reboots the only thing that is different is the taskbar, the wifi and battery symbol changes and colour changes to silver with the elegant steel theme, Im using the latest jap jellyfish, anyhelp would be appreciated thanks

Edited by Hullywood

Guest Ricey155

added GB theme very smart

one question if you install the no battery percentage can you keep the pre installed circle with % ???

didn't quiet understand if it went alltogether or not ?

Guest SWOriginal

@Frankish

The boot loop bug when installed directly to the rom also affects clockwork backups, So anyone thats created a Clockwork backup after installing the theme will not be able to recover from that backup

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Phoenix Silver
@Frankish

The boot loop bug when installed directly to the rom also affects clockwork backups, So anyone thats created a Clockwork backup after installing the theme will not be able to recover from that backup

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i just understood why i have crashed my phone friday

i have tried to restore a backup with the result of a infinite boot loop

humm not sure now

i think i'll make another backup

Guest SWOriginal
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i just understood why i have crashed my phone friday

i have tried to restore a backup with the result of a infinite boot loop

humm not sure now

i think i'll make another backup

i did manage to get back into my backup by flashing the default theme over my backup and letting it boot.... had to install the gingerbread theme after it all booted again tho :unsure:

Whats the actual cause of this?

Guest mc6415

Hey there,

Wondering if anyone can help me out here, I'm trying to install the desire theme on JJRLS3b and I'm going through all the steps, I installed JJRLS3b, wiped everything, let it boot, rebooted, turned it off, went into clockwork installed the desire theme zip through the 'install zip from sd card', wiped everything (Force of habbit) and let it boot but now it's boot looping, anyone got any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Guest SWOriginal
Hey there,

Wondering if anyone can help me out here, I'm trying to install the desire theme on JJRLS3b and I'm going through all the steps, I installed JJRLS3b, wiped everything, let it boot, rebooted, turned it off, went into clockwork installed the desire theme zip through the 'install zip from sd card', wiped everything (Force of habbit) and let it boot but now it's boot looping, anyone got any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

it will take a few minutes before you get to your homescreen, try pushing the home button until you feel a vibrate, if not flash the default theme from the main post and try again

Guest paddymcn
Hey there,

Whilst not a bad habit you should not wipe when installing the theme zip. Just basically repeat your steps above, clockwork, wipe, flash RLS3b, reboot, clockwork, flash theme and reboot

Guest Frankish

Guys these themes replace a system file that has been modified so as such you should always take care with how you deal with applying them or any OTHER mod. Not just these themes. After applying always let the system boot fully before doing anything else. Always apply one mod at a time, not multiple mods.

I imagine the problem where you had to apply the stock theme is that when the services.jar is changed it rebuilds the dalvik cache each time. That's why it takes ages to boot after going from any theme that changes clock colour. That would be stock theme black clock > elegant steel grey clock > revo, gingerbread, desire or galaxy white.

This is the best i can explain this to you guys. At the end of the day the moral is only apply one mod at a time and always allow a reboot for each mod.

EDIT:

Also never wipe when applying a theme :unsure:

Edited by Frankish

Guest SWOriginal
I imagine the problem where you had to apply the stock theme is that when the services.jar is changed it rebuilds the dalvik cache each time. That's why it takes ages to boot after going from any theme that changes clock colour. That would be stock theme black clock > elegant steel grey clock > revo, gingerbread, desire or galaxy white.

This is the best i can explain this to you guys. At the end of the day the moral is only apply one mod at a time and always allow a reboot for each mod.

EDIT:Also never wipe when applying a theme :unsure:

The theme bootloop issue is only an issue on the Japanese rom tho so its just weird, we could apply themes to rom before installation on the chinese leaks.

You do need to put a warning on the front page about clockwork backups tho B)

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Frankish

I will do but i don't understand why anyone would apply a theme then make a backup before letting it boot...that is the issue here isn't it? I don't quite fully understand.

I can restore a clockwork backup of my rom with a theme on so i don't think you mean that way? Must be the above?!

Edited by Frankish

Guest SWOriginal
I will do but i don't understand why anyone would apply a theme then make a backup before letting it boot...that is the issue here isn't it? I don't quite fully understand.

I can restore a clockwork backup of my rom with a theme on so i don't think you mean that way? Must be the above?!

Nope this is the way i done it , i had my rom working perfectly and then i decided to test the battery life in the stock orange rom... so i backed up my fully working themed rom, tested the orange rom, wiped & restored my backup = BootLoop :unsure:

Something strange going on with the Japanese rom i think.

Guest Phoenix Silver
Nope this is the way i done it , i had my rom working perfectly and then i decided to test the battery life in the stock orange rom... so i backed up my fully working themed rom, tested the orange rom, wiped & restored my backup = BootLoop B)

Something strange going on with the Japanese rom i think.

yes :unsure:

the only solution i have found

make a restore

reboot

(infinite loop)

come back in clock

flash the same rom again (no wipe / reset)

you have all your data /icons / apps again

but this need a supplement step

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest Frankish

Definitely on the agenda. Not until after work tomorrow though.

Totally stumped on the restoring issue now. I'm using Sebastian's clockwork port. Its hard for me to help when I can't reproduce the problem.

Do you guys go in the other menu and wipe dalvik cache too as well as other wipes before restoring?

Edited by Frankish

Guest Phoenix Silver
Definitely on the agenda. Not until after work tomorrow though.

Totally stumped on the restoring issue now. I'm using Sebastian's clockwork port. Its hard for me to help when I can't reproduce the problem.

i have tried clockwork 0.9 1.3 and 1.8 same issue :unsure:

not a clock version problem