[THEMES]For Japanese Jelly RLS9+ *Gingerbread Theme!*

Guest Frankish

Guest mc6415
Whilst not a bad habit you should not wipe when installing the theme zip. Just basically repeat your steps above, clockwork, wipe, flash RLS3b, reboot, clockwork, flash theme and reboot

That did the trick, it was just a force of habbit on my end haha

Guest Phoenix Silver
Link be to the rom you tried before restoring. I want to reproduce this error.

orange french stock eclair rom (from the box lol)

i have made a dump for sebast

tried after that a recovery of jellyfish 3 (not 3b)

infinite loop

just flashed again (without wipe) jellyfish overclock and elegant theme

system back to its initial state before backup

Guest Frankish

Ok error reproduced. Thanks for bringing it to my attention guys. For me i had to restore backup, flash stock theme, let it boot then reinstall my theme.

Looking at a potential reason/fix.

Frankish - Does the themes support Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS3b.zip? I'm downloading this "b" ROM since RLS3 was canning my battery life.

Thanks

edit

please ignore, yes they do I read it on your first post.

Edited by majnu

Guest Frankish

Yeah that should work just fine.

I managed to get a backup to boot straight away but then got loads of force closes. I think it's to do with the signing of the .apk.

For now if you want to restore a clockwork backup the procedure will have to be. Restore backup, flash stock theme, let boot. Flash custom theme again. Sorry guys,

Guest krasenk

I installed Gingerbread theme on RLS3B Jellyfish. While I was charging the phone I noticed that the battery icon changes its position by about 1px when going from the image with the percentage to the image for charging and vice versa. This happened when the charging was in the orange zone .. in the area of 20-30%. Hope this could be fixed for future updates.

Edited by krasenk

Does the Gingerbread theme use black or white menus? If it's white, does someone fancy cobbling together a version with black menus? I dont have many apps and they all work fine with black menus :unsure:

Guest fonix232

Frankish, a little request!

Could you please make the background of the notification area (not the bar, but the drag-down area) a bit more transparent? Like 50%?

I'll knock one together when I get chance.

Ahh brilliant thanks very much :unsure: I love this community, I could honestly live here it's so friendly haha B)

I'll knock one together when I get chance.

OH! Also, I know I keep asking stuff, and this is a tiny thing probably not worth it. I dont know if it is already, Im still using Pauls ROM but hoping to move soon, but is there any scope of a version with the original orange borders and stuff where it's currently green on most themes? I've kind of grown to quite like this colour scheme, very retro. Might just be me though >.< Haha.

Guest Frankish

My theme for Pauls rom was heavily edited with green replacement images from a Desire, the Gingerbread theme in this thread for these roms is a "true" representation of gingerbread with the orange bits. Only with white menu popups due to text issues.

My theme for Pauls rom was heavily edited with green replacement images from a Desire, the Gingerbread theme in this thread for these roms is a "true" representation of gingerbread with the orange bits. Only with white menu popups due to text issues.

Aaaah okay fantastic! I honestly will stop pestering you now >.< Haha. I just really like the black menus and Im sure there must be more people who dont have the problem so far. Granted the other GB theme had to use a couple of mods for maps I think it was? But yeah, it'd be a really nice choice to have.

But thank you for the themes. Ive whined on dont think I ever stopped to say thanks >.< Its amazing how you do these so well. Tried decompiling one myself and my brain melted haha. Thanks again :unsure:

Guest Baltar

First of all, great themes.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I install TrueGingerbread-JJRLS3.zip, it installs ElegantSteel-JJRLS3.zip :unsure: at least the wallpaper's the same

Just out of interest, since Ive decided to actually try and get my head around how these themes work. Which file in the framework is the one that sets the colours of things like the menu text? It's just out of interest, and being able to mod bits of themes so fit my (clearly) very picky ideas haha.

Guest buntoid

Do you know if the RLS3B themes are compatible with RLS4?

I know with the Gingerbread theme you reverted back to white menus because some people were having problems with certain apps (I personally didn't but my wife's SF did) but all the green highlights have also gone too. Is that intentional?

Still love the theme though, especially with the circle mod. :unsure:

Guest Frankish

At work so sorry can't answer questions or anything. Just to let you all know, RLS3B themes work just fine for RLS4. Kallt has not made any changes to the base rom or framework.

@buntoid

Yes the removal of the extra green highlights was intentional. I wanted to keep it true to Gingerbread and the orange green mix is part of that!

Just out of interest, since Ive decided to actually try and get my head around how these themes work. Which file in the framework is the one that sets the colours of things like the menu text? It's just out of interest, and being able to mod bits of themes so fit my (clearly) very picky ideas haha.

That's a very vague question. Lots of files control lots of different bits of text. What specifically? I'm considering writing up a guide with everything i personally know might help you guys make the mods you wish too.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

Just updated ALL Gingerbread variants to include the option of black popup menu's. Please be aware that not all menus will be black and it is beyond my control. Example Root Explorer popup menu.

Edit: Bugger missed some text the main bit lol. Don't download black menu variants.

Edited by Frankish

Guest superkryo
Just updated ALL Gingerbread variants to include the option of black popup menu's. Please be aware that not all menus will be black and it is beyond my control. Example Root Explorer popup menu.

Edit: Bugger missed some text the main bit lol. Don't download black menu variants.

Farnkish, have you sorted out the boot loop problem when clockwork backing up without reboot? Cheers and look forward to your black menu as last. Much appreciated!

Edited by superkryo

That's a very vague question. Lots of files control lots of different bits of text. What specifically? I'm considering writing up a guide with everything i personally know might help you guys make the mods you wish too.

A guide would be fantastic, I realize that was incredibly vague sorry haha. But yeah, if you ever get time, something like that would really boost the amount of themes people will make, it'd be amazing!

I know you probably have it under control, but this is the last GB theme I could find that used black menus.

Post containing the theme

I was going to reference that and build one myself, but as you can tell from my impossibly vague question seen earlier, I really dont know where to start >.<

Guest AlphaVision

Doble bugger, already installed it B) Will wait for the fixed version :unsure:

All updated again. Should be fine now. All Gingerbread themes with black menus :unsure:

Let me know how it goes!!!

Works beautifully thank you so much! Hope you get chance to do that guide soon, it'd be really good.

I've been quite heavily involved with theming for a few other things in the past so I like to think I'm quite good at it when I know how haha. It'd be amazing to get more involved with theming for the SF.

Anyway, thanks again.