[ROM] My New Racer Rom V2

Guest rickywyatt

Guest simonlp2001
hi rickywyatt

thank you for your great work.

but my mobile cann't use 3G now. Just can use GSM even if I select WCDMA only in the setting.

I see your picture that have the 3G icon.

I am from china. when I finished the refresh and reboot , there is a SIM network unlock PIN question.

I use the calculator (http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/) to get the pin and fulfill the number.

Do you think this will cause the failure of WCDMA.

Anyway thanks for your great work. I can use android market by WIFI. I am happy for this.

thanks

simon

I think I should modify the APN to china local operator.

thank you very much again.

Guest hojintao
Heres My New Rom for zte Racer

this rom now inculdes ..

* A2sd+

* New Live Wallpapes From Zte X850 galaxy,magic smoke,thunderstorm,vodafone wave

* Permanently Rooted

* All 3 Crap Removed

* New ZTE Boot Screen

* New Launcher2 With 5 Screens And With All Faulty Widgets And Icons Fixed screen shorts below is what it looks like

* Browser Fixed Now With All 3g uk Bookmarks Removed And Gose To Google Mobile

* New Google Markert

* New Google Voice Search

* New Google Gesture Search

* Status Bar Now Smaller When Closed

* New Alarm Clock

* New setup Manger

* new apn added

---------------------------

first things frist if you anit downloaded my recovery then do so

* download this http://www.mediafire.com/?ykgdrddb8gygrpr

* ok take out the battery and wait 5 secs then put it back in the press the vol + and the power button it should boot only to the green android logo and the red light stays on

* extract it to your c:\ then inbstall the drives if needed then click install-recovery-windows.bat once done the fone will reboot

then

download this http://www.mediafire.com/?2bwfll3934862f8

* rename to update.zip

* put the update.zip on your sd dont extract it

* switch phone off the hold the vol- button and press the power button it will boot into recovery

* if yo what a2sd to work youll need to partition your sd card look on the internet theres loads of ways to do it

* a2sd will install all your application to your sd

-----------------------------------------------------

next ....

* in recovery click wipe data/factory reset

* click apply sdcard:update.zip

* once complete click reboot system now

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the Android and smart Phone. I have bought DELL XDC28 which is basically a ZTE RACER (I guess ). I want to upgrade the 2.1 to 2.2 Android and i have downloaded Clockwork,FastBoot and Update.rar files and i have also downloaded the ROM Manager.

I have done the fast boot command from the command prompt for clockwork recovery image as per the instructions here

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to...-san-francisco/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

but when i reboot the phone by pressing the power and vol+ or vol- nothing happens the DELL Logo appears and nothing happens. I guess it does not boot in the recovery mode. I also installed the ROM manager and tried boot from it but did not workout. It simply hangs on the Dell Logo.

What could be the problem ? I shall be very much thankful if you could help me out.

Thanks In Advance

Guest rickywyatt
Hi,

I'm a newbie to the Android and smart Phone. I have bought DELL XDC28 which is basically a ZTE RACER (I guess ). I want to upgrade the 2.1 to 2.2 Android and i have downloaded Clockwork,FastBoot and Update.rar files and i have also downloaded the ROM Manager.

I have done the fast boot command from the command prompt for clockwork recovery image as per the instructions here

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to...-san-francisco/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

but when i reboot the phone by pressing the power and vol+ or vol- nothing happens the DELL Logo appears and nothing happens. I guess it does not boot in the recovery mode. I also installed the ROM manager and tried boot from it but did not workout. It simply hangs on the Dell Logo.

What could be the problem ? I shall be very much thankful if you could help me out.

Thanks In Advance

as i no that zte racer has not got android 2.2 as yet and i also no that the zte blade recovery wont work for the zte racer go here and download my recovey for the zte racer and youll have to download my rom from the front page as the blade rom dont work for the zte racer

Guest simonlp2001

this rom now inculdes ..

Hi

I have installed a chinese input method. But I cann't switch the input method from the Android keybord to it.

how can I solve the problem.

In setting ,there are no chinese. I installed a morelocale2 and select the China(china).

Can you give me some suggestion?

I can use the english but I have to use chinese to send some message to my friends.

thank

simon

Guest simonlp2001
Hi

I have installed a chinese input method. But I cann't switch the input method from the Android keybord to it.

how can I solve the problem.

In setting ,there are no chinese. I installed a morelocale2 and select the China(china).

Can you give me some suggestion?

I can use the english but I have to use chinese to send some message to my friends.

thank

simon

I install the local switch pkg and uninstalled the morelocale2. the problem is fixed.

anyway I can input the chinese now.

Guest rberenguer

Hi Rickywyatt,

Thank you for your great job on this ROM for the ZTE Racer

I have successfully installed this ROM in mine racer. It's all working fine :). At the beginning the 3g wasn't working but I manage to fix that.

My original ROM was full of operator applications crap that their main purpose was for burning 3g traffic. Now this ROM is much better its clean and fast. Another thing was the root in the original ROM I didn't manage the root to work 100%, some application that needed root permissions didn't work, now I don't have this problem.

Thanks again ;)

this rom now inculdes ..

* A2sd+

* New Live Wallpapes From Zte X850 galaxy,magic smoke,thunderstorm,vodafone wave

* Permanently Rooted

* All 3 Crap Removed

* New ZTE Boot Screen

* New Launcher2 With 5 Screens And With All Faulty Widgets And Icons Fixed screen shorts below is what it looks like

* Browser Fixed Now With All 3g uk Bookmarks Removed And Gose To Google Mobile

* New Google Markert

* New Google Voice Search

* New Google Gesture Search

* Status Bar Now Smaller When Closed

* New Alarm Clock

* New setup Manger

* new apn added

---------------------------

first things frist if you anit downloaded my recovery then do so

* download this http://www.mediafire.com/?ykgdrddb8gygrpr

* ok take out the battery and wait 5 secs then put it back in the press the vol + and the power button it should boot only to the green android logo and the red light stays on

* extract it to your c:\ then inbstall the drives if needed then click install-recovery-windows.bat once done the fone will reboot

then

download this http://www.mediafire.com/?2bwfll3934862f8

* rename to update.zip

* put the update.zip on your sd dont extract it

* switch phone off the hold the vol- button and press the power button it will boot into recovery

* if yo what a2sd to work youll need to partition your sd card look on the internet theres loads of ways to do it

* a2sd will install all your application to your sd

-----------------------------------------------------

next ....

Edited by Gane

Guest desiresoul
COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE SOME DIRECTIONS HOW TO PUT SERBIAN LANGUAGE PACK TO THIS PHONE?

TIA,

GANE

Go to Market -> Download "Morelocale" app -> Do all, as write in instructions -> PROFIT! ^____^

Hm,

yeah I tried this MoreLocale 2 from Market but with no success. Do you thin that I'm going to have more success if I put this new ROM from rickywyatt?

When tried with default ROM on ZTE Racer there was no success...

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest psvialli

Hi Guys,

I am trying to rom my ZTE racer , but i cannot seem to get it to work.

I have the andriod and the red light on , i then click on install-recovery-windows.bat i then get the command window with OKay - but the phoen does not restart , i can not copy update.zip as i cannot acess the device .

I can only acess the device when i restart and let teh phone boot normally - so i can not get it intto recovery mode ?

Any idea's ?

Thanks

Guest rickywyatt

Hi once the commard window has closed the phone should reboot but if it dont just take the battery out the put back in after 5 secends the hold the vol - and press the power button the phone will but into recovery mod if you get a tfm screen just wite here and i help

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your work. I want to install your Rom but I have already problems with the first step: I can not boot onto the android-only window. I removed the battery, put it again, pushed the vol+ and the powerbutton (at the same time), but the phone boots (as normal) till the simcode-window. What am I doing wrong? And do I have to connect the USB-cable before or after booting?

Guest predo1306

thanks a lot rickywyatt this rom is the best super working on my ZTE racer. I only had a problem with recovery from this post, I could not seem to install the on button and green strength plus Android and instal recovery, however, the phone does not restart and still shining green Android logo. to remove the battery and re-recovery mode is the key to the on phone and minus button and Recovery is doing great and is now restored that is now a new recovery from this post. I am interested in whether you'll soon to register your something new rom with system 2.2 and if maybe there is something similar. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arrioch

Thanks for sharing this, i've installed it successfully on my Vip Droid, and it works great, especially app2sd, now i have 500mb more space on my card. :(

Question: Is there a way to install some apps on phone memory? That would be great for some small apps that i frequently use, like task switcher, or custom launcher. Please let me know if there is a way to do this.

Great work on this!! I hope you'll port 2.2 when available for Racer.

Thanks again!

Guest carkev

@Ricky

thanks for all your good work ...

as a result I now have a Racer fully rooted and with Clockwork 3.0.0.5 working fine.

I fancy your update rom,

but am a bit confused by it's filename having 'non3G' in it

a daft comment, as I suppose phone will still have 3G capability, but not the '3' branding ?

Edited by carkev

• 2 months later...
Guest andy787786

I have installed this successfully. LiveWallpapers work brilliant + other addons as mentioned on first page. Tho 3 Crap still exists!

Is there any app that can change the status bar color or make it transparent?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dj Fluminee
I have installed this successfully. LiveWallpapers work brilliant + other addons as mentioned on first page. Tho 3 Crap still exists!

Is there any app that can change the status bar color or make it transparent?

Read THIS . I downloaded equiliym's "flashable pack", went in recovery -> install zip from sd card -> choose the flashable pack you downloaded and that worked great for me. Do it at your own risk!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest redhawkuk

Hi, I recently bought a ZTE Racer on Three UK and still kind of new to this business of customised ROMs but I would like to give it ago anyway.

To be honest I'm fairly happy with the stock ROM but I've found a few nagging issues that need sorting out.

The audio stalls for a split second when flipping from portrait vs landscape and affects all audio based applications.

I cannot use the Android firewall DroidWall and a certain Wifi tethering app because iptables is missing or broken.

I was wondering does your ROM fix these 2 problems??

Also there's no Flash support, a common problem with many headsets.

I did some searching and found this page - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6569529

It supports Android 2.1 and runs on an ARMv6 processors but when I installed it and tried the browser it won't use the plugin.

After further reading it said I need something called com.google.android.feature.GOOGLE_PLUGIN or android.webkit.permission.PLUGIN ??

I was wondering if there was some kind of dirty hack to get the plugin to work with the default browser??

And lastly I want to change the default levels for the low battery warning dialog box.

Even at 15% I can still use my handset for a good 2 hours solid so I think 5% would be more ideal.

The settings are stored inside framework-res.apk, what I want to know is if I replace framework-res.apk with my own mod and restart the handset will it accept the new settings??

cheers,

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

• 2 months later...
Guest kman12041

PLEASE HELP

It seems every time i go into recovery i try to go onto an option pressing green key nothing happens!!!!!!

I have to take out the baterry to exit recovery mode!!!!!!!!

It does boot up but it looks like its bricked

It says zte quite briliiant flashes a couple of times then turns on normaly]

So basicallly my recovery dont work and some ramdom boot up

PLEASE HELP????????????????

Edited by kman12041