FM Radio for ZTE Blade/SF

Guest andorko

The FMRdio is installed as Systemapp (stored at /system/app/)

Read the first post of FB:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-zte-blade/

Download Second test OC kernel with PPP for VPN and andorko RDS radio patches. Swap support, ext4, cif, tun, overclock.

The app have to be RDS test version of v0.5 (v0.5.3). (http://andorko.hu/android/) to overwrite the systemapp you have to copy manually (with terminal or rootexplorer for example) to /system/apps/.

Thank you for ur help! Removing the FMradio from /system/app and installing the last version did the trick. Now it seems to be working fine.

Guest wishmasterf

Is your app OSS? can we get the source?

Edit: i didnt want to reply to bujcri. it was a question to andorko. sorry!

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest andorko
1. Is it possible to store names of stations (or will be in the future)?

2. What about using the headset's button for changing stations, and the internal speaker?

Thanks!

PS. Let me know if you'll need help with graphic images etc.

1. not yet, will be in the future

2. using headset button is possible, but internal speaker..... I tried to make it work but not succeeded

Guest fonix232

"Good" news: Looks like soon a proper general FM radio interface framework will be implemented to AOSP, meaning we will get working FM radio without the need of the modifications, through stragefright (and I guess, we can re-route stagefright audio).

Guest MidaMilunk
I've written an FM radio application for ZTE blade / SF that works with froyo

Download Link:FMRadio

USE THIS APP AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

-0.5.3 RDS test version

RadioText decoded.

"turn on/off button" -> volume to 0 bug fixed

-0.5.2 RDS test version:

It is faster than the previous version. Actualy, the tune and seek is faster than any previous version

More stable RDS StationInfo (handles dynamic StationInfo)

The loudspeaker button operates as RDS enable/disable button

Vannak gondjaim... FLB-R8 a zte-blade-portálon ajánlott kernellel van a dobozban, de a 0.5.2 szerint nem jön RDS. A 0.5.3 meg nem is említi, hogy nyomokban RDS-t tartalmazhat.

hmmm??

Guest wishmasterf
Vannak gondjaim... FLB-R8 a zte-blade-portálon ajánlott kernellel van a dobozban, de a 0.5.2 szerint nem jön RDS. A 0.5.3 meg nem is említi, hogy nyomokban RDS-t tartalmazhat.

hmmm??

This is an english speaking forum. So please speak English!

Guest wishmasterf

I dont know if it ok, but i create a version for me without the Testversion-Text and made a RDS-ICON instead of the loudspeaker Icon.

Screenshot:

post-822299-1298207208_thumb.png

If you want download here:

download

or

download (direct download)

(Thanks to Phoenix Silver)

Use with own risk!

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Phoenix Silver
I dont know if it ok, but i create a version for me without the Testversion-Text and made a RDS-ICON instead of the loudspeaker Icon.

Screenshot:

download

thank you to share :D

downloading

Guest Phoenix Silver

Screenshot:

download

mirrored here

i think a lot of people will download it

moded rds fm radio

PS : without ADS and download immediately :D

PPS : works well no problem (and the display bug when you have rds on 2 lines is corrected perfect wishmasterf thank you again)

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest wishmasterf
mirrored here

i think a lot of people will download it

moded rds fm radio

PS : without ADS and download immediately :D

PPS : works well no problem (and the display bug when you have rds on 2 lines is corrected perfect wishmasterf thank you again)

thanks for mirroring.

About the 2 lines: it is only because i deleted the testversion mark. yet there are more lines available for the rds-text i think.

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest wishmasterf
The RDS text should only be on one line and scroll if it's too long. Looks silly split on two lines. Hope andorko can fix it :D

The Programme Service Name scrolls already. The second and 3rd line ist "Radio Text" because it is long and changes often. Because of no verirification or eol the text is often confused. IMHO scrolling text would confuse that more. andorko what do you think?

Can anyone tell me how other hardware-radios handle that not existing verification and eol? are the also sometimes confused?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest Simon O
The Programme Service Name scrolls already. The second and 3rd line ist "Radio Text" because it is long and changes often. Because of no verirification or eol the text is often confused. IMHO scrolling text would confuse that more. andorko what do you think?

Can anyone tell me how other hardware-radios handle that not existing verification and eol? are the also sometimes confused?

Not really. The radio text should be buffered before it's displayed so scrolling would work fine. I'm not sure if andorko is buffering the text or just writing it directly to the screen as it comes in.

post-697226-1298224252_thumb.png

doesn't look right split onto two lines imho.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest wishmasterf
Not really. The radio text should be buffered before it's displayed so scrolling would work fine. I'm not sure if andorko is buffering the text or just writing it directly to the screen as it comes in.

post-697226-1298224252_thumb.png

doesn't look right split onto two lines imho.

As i knie buffering isnt a Option because there is no endlich sign. So u dont know if you get all letters. I Luke Thema 2 lines dsplayed yet. But it is only my humble opinion.

Guest Phoenix Silver

someone know if app automatically switch frequency when you are on road

for an ex energy in Strasbourg is at 88.2

but if you go in a another region at 200 miles far for an ex energy frequency will be 93.3

car radios switch automatically on the new frequency when you pass the "FM frontier"

Guest andorko
someone know if app automatically switch frequency when you are on road

for an ex energy in Strasbourg is at 88.2

but if you go in a another region at 200 miles far for an ex energy frequency will be 93.3

car radios switch automatically on the new frequency when you pass the "FM frontier"

No it isn't.

Guest andorko
The RDS text should only be on one line and scroll if it's too long. Looks silly split on two lines. Hope andorko can fix it :D

I broke my hand last weekend, but there is v0.6 for you with one hand :D

post-806452-1298264161_thumb.png

WOW!

Just tried V0.6 and it's amazing, it just works.. :D

Fantastic job

Lets hope it either works with CM or can be made to work with it, and if it does/can I say it should be supplied as "THE" fm radio app in that rom

it's nothing short of amazing

Guest SteliosGR

My opinion is that it would be better if you can save more stations and the volume speaker covers less space on the screen...

Edited by SteliosGR