USB keyboard not working

Guest Bazabaza

Guest Bazabaza

Cannot get USB keyboard to work, Works on my X5A but not the vega? Any way to see if keyboard detected? Using Performance pack on R5

Edited by Bazabaza

Guest rvdgeer
Cannot get USB keyboard to work, Works on my X5A but not the vega? Any way to see if keyboard detected? Using Performance pack on R5

Are you sure USB Host mode is enabled on the Vega?

Guest cultiv8ed

You need to change your USB port to host mode instead of the default slave. How to install this mod is detailed in another thread, or it is built into the R6 release.

Guest Bazabaza

The keyboard is part of those "case keyboard" combinations. I put a USB hub into the USB on the VEga and then plugged the Keyboard into that. Don't know why but it now works a treat!

The keyboard is part of those "case keyboard" combinations. I put a USB hub into the USB on the VEga and then plugged the Keyboard into that. Don't know why but it now works a treat!

This might be a daft question, but does the case fit the Vega? If so, which case have you got and where did you get it from (if you don't mind me asking)?

Guest Bazabaza

Got it from ebay

CASE & KEYBOARD E PAD ZT180 & ZENITHINK ANDROID 10.2."

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CASE-KEYBOARD-E-PAD-...=item3a61f742ed

Had to modify the case slightly - I cut down the right hand side support to allow USB access (you can fold under the Vega's port cover) I cut about half way down, Left about a centimeter to hold the Vega.and bend it out of the way and then back to get the pad in. as i said direct USB connection to keyboard results in strange performance ie repeating keys or nothing at all. With a hub between the keyboard and the Vega it works well. Keyboard is a bit light weight and you need to be careful as the keys can get stuck, (not often).

Edited by Bazabaza

Guest Bazabaza

Hopefully this is a pic of the keyboard cover. The right hand support is just where the USB is on the Vega.

post-807298-1294180794_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bazabaza

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I've got a similar case - I've got USB host mode working, and then tested my regular keyboard, which works. Unfortunately the keyboard in the case doesn't! However, it's not busted, as it works when I plug it in to my pc.

Any ideas? I'm running rc6 and the usb host mode apk paul posted. Is there a minimum power requirement, or is there something else obvious I'm missing? Why would one work and not another?

Thanks for any help you can give.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brissienick
Hello! I've got a similar case - I've got USB host mode working, and then tested my regular keyboard, which works. Unfortunately the keyboard in the case doesn't! However, it's not busted, as it works when I plug it in to my pc.

Any ideas? I'm running rc6 and the usb host mode apk paul posted. Is there a minimum power requirement, or is there something else obvious I'm missing? Why would one work and not another?

Thanks for any help you can give.

I have the same issue, where the case keyboard does nor work with my a Vega, but does with my laptop but i can get a standard keyboard to work with the Vega.

Anyone solve this?

Nick

Guest chockimon
Hopefully this is a pic of the keyboard cover. The right hand support is just where the USB is on the Vega.

I bought one of these for my Vega as well. It was cheap, stylish and looks ok, it's just a shame the right hand bracket blocks the USB port. I just bent it out of the way for the time being, lol. Mine came with a free screen protector that's now in the bin. They are impossible to fit. :P

I'm using RC8 & my keyboard works fine without any usb hub.

Edited by chockimon

Guest gorman81

Hi

I've got the same keyboard/case - good quality but a pity about the side restraint - what did you use to cut the restraint?

I also had the same problem with repeating the first key press - did as suggested and put a USB hub in line - works perfectly, I've sent off for a mini-hub as I only have a large one at the moment.

My case came with a 4gig micro sd and a pair of ear buds for free so that was a nice surprise.

regards

• 1 month later...
Guest DocLois

Yes I bought the same one. Am running RC8. The KB runs fine on a pc but not on the Vega. If I plug it into an Adaptec unpowered hub and then connect the hub to the Vega, as mentioned in the previous thread, it works fine. Sounds like a KB voltage issue to me. I think I'll put this in the "lessons learned" bin and remind myself not to buy junk that seems "like a good idea at the time" again. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest jeffcaba

Hi there,

I just bought the keybord, it works perfectly with a USB-Hub connection.

Now This is the problem... the keybord is set to international, but it's a dutch keybord style.

So the @ on the keybord isn't on the shift + 2, but the one most left.

Now in windows you can easily switch this changes with cntrl + shift.

But with the Vega this isn't working. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

I' m running rc8 on a point of view tablet

Thanks guys! :)

• 8 months later...