HTC Desire HD - rooting, removing apps etc...

Guest boitabno

Guest boitabno

Hi all,

I bought an DHD few days ago. I would like to uninstall few applications like Amazon, SoundHound, HTC Hub, Twitter, Peep etc...

I have read many forums and manuals on how to do it but never get it to work. Please can somebody provide me with step by step instructions on how to clear my phone? My phone has Android 2.2.1

Thanks

Guest Henrik Schack
Hi all,

I bought an DHD few days ago. I would like to uninstall few applications like Amazon, SoundHound, HTC Hub, Twitter, Peep etc...

I have read many forums and manuals on how to do it but never get it to work. Please can somebody provide me with step by step instructions on how to clear my phone? My phone has Android 2.2.1

Thanks

If you have root on your phone, I guess Paul's online kitchen could be the answer : http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...online-kitchen/

/Henrik

EDIT: If you have root you could also use TitaniumBackup to remove system apps, but it seems it doesn't work for all apps.

Edited by Henrik Schack

Hi all,

Thanks

Menu - settings - applications - manage applications -ALL - select the item you want to uninstall -then uninstall at the top.SIMPLE. But some programs are there by default and cannot be removed!

Guest boitabno
If you have root on your phone, I guess Paul's online kitchen could be the answer : http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...online-kitchen/

/Henrik

EDIT: If you have root you could also use TitaniumBackup to remove system apps, but it seems it doesn't work for all apps.

I dont have root on my htc...

I have tried titaniumbackup but it says my phone is not rooted...

after i clicked to your link it says:

"Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod)."

I dont have any root or custom recovery image installed on my phone...

My phone is untoched and i need step by step instruction on how to remove the apps...

Thanks again

Edited by boitabno

Guest Henrik Schack

My phone is untoched and i need step by step instruction on how to remove the apps...

Thanks again

Which ROM version are you running ?

See

Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information

Build number

/Henrik

Guest El Nino9

Thanks again

See

Build number

/Henrik

LOL *shrugs shoulders* throw the fone in the air 3 times and catch it, do some magic vodoo stuff and you'll have root. dont read the root posts in this thread :unsure: lol

happy new year ppl

Guest boitabno
LOL *shrugs shoulders* throw the fone in the air 3 times and catch it, do some magic vodoo stuff and you'll have root. dont read the root posts in this thread :unsure: lol

happy new year ppl

F*cking hell! it does realy work! Big thank 2 u my friend. We need more useless people like you!

Guest boitabno

Thanks again

See

Build number

/Henrik

1.72.405.3 CL296490 release-keys

Guest El Nino9
F*cking hell! it does realy work! Big thank 2 u my friend. We need more useless people like you!

you're the one who's useless and can't use the search function :unsure: its a shame modaco's coming to this.

i'm not 1 to carry on arguing but before you speak rudely, i have been far more helpful then you have to modaco and its users. you have only asked 1 question which has been covered.

keep to forum rules

Edited by El Nino9

Guest El Nino9
Ohh, then you're out of luck for now I think, as far as I know it's not possible to root the new ROM version yet.

I would keep an eye on these threads:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...one-click-root/

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...-any-soultions/

/Henrik

henrik, 1.72 is based on 2.2.1 version of android and htc have fixed the exploit of the current root methods in that build. SU had problems with that build too

didn't they have to have a specific kernel version for the write protection exploit? and if you use g_free you need root?