Correct ZTE USB driver for Blade - XP/Vista/Win7 x86/x64

Guest fLaMePr0oF

Guest Ronald Hummelink

It seems there are multiple options available for windows to pick from, and it tends to pick out a driver not quite right.

I got the exclamation marks away by going through 'Update Driver Software...' -> 'Browse my computer' -> 'Let me pick ...' -> 'Have Disk...'

From there I tried selecting a few of the .inf files under the folder for your platform (Win7 64 for me)

Leave 'Show compatible hardware' ticked.

Guest herbz100

Thanks beggin but they didnt detect anything different....

Ronald, i have win7 64bit, but when i browse for the folder i.e right click on android (yellow exclamation) ------ update driver software----browse my computer -----browse including subfolders ticked

i cant look into folders to locate files.............how do you manage to do this???????????

Edited by herbz100

Guest herbz100

would the following help ???????!!!!!!!!

Many users have driver/connection problems in windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 - all of the users that have tried the same procedure on an Ubuntu Live CD have had no problems.

I recommend you use an Ubuntu live CD

To do this:

•Download a 32bit 10.10 CD from http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download - it will be in .iso format

•Download ImgBurn from http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

•Burn the .iso file to a new blank CD

•Boot from the new CD (This will not change your current OS, Ubuntu runs from the CD) - You may need to change your bios boot order to look for the CD before your harddisk. In your computers bios you get to choose which drive the PC will boot from first : Modern machines have F12 or F10 to choose which drive to boot from as the machine boots.

curious, the first time i only needed fastboot from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/ and it installs without any problems on win7 x64. this time, when i tried to update to clockworkmod recovery v2.5.1.8, i got the < waiting for device > message and i needed the offered driver to use fastbook. unfortunately my san francisco had the following device id: USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D but the driver is only for devices starting with vid_19d2 (see in the device details of the windows device manager) so i had to force manual installation and then it worked without problems...

Hi, I think what you've described is the same problem i'm having. The drivers I could get to install correctly had the ID starting with vid_192. However, It's when I power up holding voume button it finds the hardware "Android" but doesn't install correctly. the "Android" ID is showing up beginning vid_18d. how do you force manual installation?

p.s. everytime I get to this stage with the logo froze on the screen I just take the battery out. Is this safe to do? Thanks!

Edited by James7

Guest milkykung
A complete guide on how to install these drivers can be found here

Thank you for the link. That web site contains everything an Android newbie like me would possibly need. Good one :lol:

Cheers,

Guest miker01

When I used the drivers [done so twice], I ended up with the phone as a modem still not reconised.

A side effect also was that the back/forward arrows on IE8 ceased to work!

Did it twice with same result.

Have not used Ubunto

Guest BuffaloMatt

I am trying to follow Paul's instructions to load up using fastboot-windows. However my PC running Windows XP Home SP3, cannot recognise the android phone when I plug it in. I have downloaded the ZTE Windows drivers above but there does not seem to be one for XP (home 32 bit). The new hardware (android) wizard fires up but I do not know where to point it. Has anybody found a way to get XP to see android?

Thanks

Here's a link to the correct Windows USB driver package download from ZTE (below)...

http://support.zte.com.cn/support/uploads/...icrosoft_PC.rar

The only anomaly I found when installing these on Win 7 x64 was that the setup tried to install the wrong platform driver, however, manually updating the uninstalled device by browsing to the appropriate driver folder gave no problems.

i.e. in my case this was C:\Program Files\ZTE 3GPhone USB Driver\Drivers\64bit\WIN7

All of the drivers are in this package and they all work fine and dandy ;)

fLaMePr0oF

If you got bad internet connection heres link : http://www.mediafire.com/?j5a53q346cokz

Guest handful

I flashed to JJ8 last week and prior to this could mount to my Windows 7 laptop with no problems. I now find that I can't. After searching various threads I have been able to install the drivers but it's no longer listed as An 'other device' in Device Manager I have no yellow exclamation marks and Windows recognizes it as a removable drive. It is however shown in DM under ADB Interface as a ZTE Composite ADB Interface.

Whatever I do though I don't get the Mount SD card prompt on the phone. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ;)

Problem is when im trying to install the driver when in the android mode (power on, volume up) the phone comes under Android in the device manager with the yellow triangle. Ive tried the steps to update the driver by browsing however it doesnt recognise anything. Why not ;)

is there anyone who installed this driver on VISTA successfully?

It seems that the driver is missing (in the VISTA 32 bit pack at least)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phoenix Silver
I flashed to JJ8 last week and prior to this could mount to my Windows 7 laptop with no problems. I now find that I can't. After searching various threads I have been able to install the drivers but it's no longer listed as An 'other device' in Device Manager I have no yellow exclamation marks and Windows recognizes it as a removable drive. It is however shown in DM under ADB Interface as a ZTE Composite ADB Interface.

Whatever I do though I don't get the Mount SD card prompt on the phone. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :P

seems there is a bug

sometimes when you mount sd cards the name of the mount has strange characters in like @#~

i suspect this perturb windows (linux doesn't care about this)

Guest vermat17

Hey guys,

I also had a lot of problems installing the correct drivers, even after trying everything on Modaco.

I came across this website which finally sorted it for me: http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-se...ndroid-devices/

Scroll to the PDANet part and download and follow the instructions. Worked a treat for me, and is quite easy to follow.

Guest handful
Here is what All of You need:

http://support.zte.com.cn/support/uploads/...066.1.7.exe.zip

Works on my corporate Windows 7 Enterprise perfectly like at home on my Vista Prof 32bit, or XP Tablet 32bit.

Joe

You are a diamond geezer....worked when nothing else would!!

It's different to before I had JJ, I have to turn on USB storage rather than mount like I did before but does the same thing from what I can see.

Cheers buddy :P

Edited by handful

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idolmaster
You are a diamond geezer....worked when nothing else would!!

Yup, worked like a charm. My old ZTE drivers wouldn't get recognized after changing from JJ9 to MoDaCo12. Now, everything is fine. Many thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clipperecosse
Yup, worked like a charm. My old ZTE drivers wouldn't get recognized after changing from JJ9 to MoDaCo12. Now, everything is fine. Many thanks! :huh:

After loading the drivers, although the drive letter for the sd card appeared ok in My Computer, my phone WOULDN'T connect by USB, until

Settings> Application settings> Development> USB debugging (debug mode when USB is connected) was UN-CHECKED.

As soon that was 'switched off', bang the all the folders appear quickly under the relevant Removable Disc letter ....

Note you have to switch USB storage on - then a neat wee Android brandishing a usb device turns orange. And remember to eject/unmount/ the card on the PC before turning the USB storage off again.

I've been using USB Disk Ejector for ages in daily use. Download it and put in the files the programs folder for instance - and then make a shortcut on the desktop to exe program file. If your really clever, make the desktop shortcut key CTRL+ALT+U by right clicking the on new shortcut>Properties>shortcut key and just entering u in the relevant box. Finally, there's a nice suitable icon in USB_Disk_Eject.exe file, just change the Target to your path to the exe file for the shortcut icon too while your in there. (My one is C:\Program Files\USB_Disk_Eject.exe)

Hopefully, makes your life a wee bit easier!

Guest clipperecosse
Yup, worked like a charm. My old ZTE drivers wouldn't get recognized after changing from JJ9 to MoDaCo12. Now, everything is fine. Many thanks! :huh:

After loading the drivers, although the drive letter for the sd card appeared ok in My Computer, my phone WOULDN'T connect by USB, until

Settings> Application settings> Development> USB debugging (debug mode when USB is connected) was UN-CHECKED.

As soon that was 'switched off', bang the all the folders appear quickly under the relevant Removable Disc letter ....

Note you have to switch USB storage on - then a neat wee Android brandishing a usb device turns orange. And remember to eject/unmount the card on the PC before turning the USB storage off again.

I've been using USB Disk Ejector for ages in daily use. Download it and put the files in the programs folder for instance - and then make a shortcut on the desktop to exe program file. Makes Ejecting pen drives, etc dead easy. If your really clever, make the desktop shortcut key CTRL+ALT+U by right clicking the on new shortcut>Properties>shortcut key and just entering U in the relevant box. Finally, there's a nice suitable icon in USB_Disk_Eject.exe file, just 'Change Icon' to your full path to the application file (as in the Target box) for the new shortcut icon while your in it's Properties settings. (My one is C:\Program Files\USB_Disk_Eject.exe)

Hopefully, makes your life a wee bit easier!

Edited by clipperecosse

• 1 month later...