Need ADB drivers for Desire HD

Guest mcnob

Having trawled various forums and threads to try and deal with my issue I've resorted to being annoying and just asking.

I need to get ADB drivers working on my XP laptop but if I try to install automatically, I just get:

"The file "WinUSBCoInstaller.dll" on Android WinUsb installation disk is needed."

The phone currently has LeeDroid 1.2 on it, ENG and Radio S-Off and ClockworkMod Recovery just in case any of that might affect auto-install.

I have the r8 SDK installed and all updates are ...erm...up to date.

I've found various possible solutions in my search involving editing the environment variables (didn't make any difference), changing .inf lines (no phone-specific details given) etc. but nothing has worked thus far.

Is there not such a thing as a ADB driver file for the Desire HD that just works on XP SP3?

At my wits end now so hope someone can help.

Cheers.

(I've since tried this on my Win7 machine as well with no luck also.)

Guest bedtrip

Connect your phone, check device properties via control panel, under "details" menu check for "ID HARDWARE". Now edit "android_winusb.ini" under "usb_driver" dir of sdk, and create a voice with that value e.g.:

;HTC DESIRE HD
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0CA2
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0CA2&MI_01
[/codebox]

under [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64] group.

Now specify path of the driver and you shuld be ok. Sorry for my english.

Having trawled various forums and threads to try and deal with my issue I've resorted to being annoying and just asking.

I need to get ADB drivers working on my XP laptop but if I try to install automatically, I just get:

"The file "WinUSBCoInstaller.dll" on Android WinUsb installation disk is needed."

The phone currently has LeeDroid 1.2 on it, ENG and Radio S-Off and ClockworkMod Recovery just in case any of that might affect auto-install.

I have the r8 SDK installed and all updates are ...erm...up to date.

I've found various possible solutions in my search involving editing the environment variables (didn't make any difference), changing .inf lines (no phone-specific details given) etc. but nothing has worked thus far.

Is there not such a thing as a ADB driver file for the Desire HD that just works on XP SP3?

At my wits end now so hope someone can help.

Cheers.

(I've since tried this on my Win7 machine as well with no luck also.)

I had the exact same problem until someone told me the drivers get installed once you install the HTC Sync software that comes with the phone. The drivers that came with the android SDK did not seem to work for my phone at all.

Edited by Nizmox