[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920) 6.5/6.5.5 Testing

Guest amdzero

Guest xlightwaverx
This does sound like a good idea, however I am a bit busy tweaking this new sense rom.

Btw, samsung settings is back in. also put the imago dialer, and htc keyboard.swype is back in.and I'm working on messaging now. This is coming along nicely, but I don't think I'll be able to free much more ram. I don't plan on putting icon mods, nor will out have a anastasia theme. Once it tests out well I plan on posting up the entire kitchen.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate.

Remove the Start Menu! Boots to 112, Settles to 104/105. I might just throw MainMenu back into mine, well, the Korean version.

Guest amdzero
Remove the Start Menu! Boots to 112, Settles to 104/105. I might just throw MainMenu back into mine, well, the Korean version.

okay, well how do I remove the start menu?

Guest ultralight23
okay, well how do I remove the start menu?

Someone posted how to here on the forum but you use Artos Start Menu Remover cab but you need to make sure you have start menu already installed on your device. Some suggest Qmenu but i like MMAppLauncher because it has Today icon in settings which Qmenu does not. Then the main thing is to set a hardware button to the new start menu or you'll be stuck with nowhere to go. Can save around 10 mb ram.

there is also an X enabler cab but X never actually closed anything anyways.

Edited by ultralight23

there is also an X enabler cab but X never actually closed anything anyways.

Tap is my preferrence for X to close, but long press will close for now. At least judging from whether the app still shows in Task Manager.

you can get that HERE along with a bunch of other lovely stuff.

Thanks. I forgot about that. Found Audio Notes there too. Better to keep things that work from Storage Card or My Storage out of the ROM.

Guest xlightwaverx

AMD:

Ideally, you change the Start Menu .cpr files to 0 size files. global, grid_scene, and, custom ones that are all 480x800 and 800x400. Should do the same thing.

Here is the package.

Arto_Start_menu_Remover_wm6.5.x.cab

There's a reg entry as well. One of them allows the X to still remain there but I haven't tested it but my BattClock Config overrides it anyways.

So far its the fastest Rom I have ever used and its still loaded with all the Samsung Apps plus then some.

I used the Korean MainMenu since MMAppLauncher has some silly icons on the bottom (IMHO) and the others ruin the graphical look and require massive rigging to get it to apply to the Start Menu and our 920's already have that built in with our Start.dll file.

If you use another app launcher like MMAPPLauncher, with the Start Menu remover, its tricky. You can code the file in an RGU to not close it with TaskMgr, but TaskSwitcher will close it. Once its closed, the Start Menu will freeze the phone for about a minute. Our i920 Start.dll file seems to remove that massive lag. Also if you tap the start menu area repeatedly it will freeze up as well. Again, our start.dll remedies this.

post-721779-1295323219_thumb.jpgpost-721779-1295323230_thumb.jpg

Also, My Mobiler is using about 3 megs of RAM for since this ROM currently settles to about 105MB.

Soon its coming!

X

Guest amdzero

Thanx for the tips X...

I'll see about modifying the start menu, after I get sense put back together. Apparently its not just a copy and paste deal. I was hopeful that 6.5 and 6.5.5 would play well with my sense package. Well surprise its not. I can't get mms to work, and the album won't display text for the menus.

its getting frustrating.

Oh and I put powercalc back in, I do hate the ugly winmo version.

Guest ultralight23

So X, when you installed the Korean main menu does it automatically attach itself to the start icon? That'd be cool if it did for this noob. Also, whenever i do close MMAppLauncher its never froze up my phone but i do get a pop up window asking me if i do because "it may be associated with the start icon". The only time it does freeze up is when you say you tap on the start icon which is true but that also happened with Qmenu. The LockLevelPatch.mscr seems to lag my phone more than anything.

However all this being said i've always liked Main Menu, not so much the Start Menu, primarily because it is customizable. I'd love to have that in this ROM with the caveat of having the Today icon as well (possible?).

Amd, any way you can make icon shortcuts for some of the needed samsung settings; i.e., tv out, usb/activesync to mass storage, backlight, etc., so we can have them in the main menu instead? or are they directly associated with samsung settings. Sounds cool but also sounds daunting.

How far along is the next update?

Guest amdzero
So X, when you installed the Korean main menu does it automatically attach itself to the start icon? That'd be cool if it did for this noob. Also, whenever i do close MMAppLauncher its never froze up my phone but i do get a pop up window asking me if i do because "it may be associated with the start icon". The only time it does freeze up is when you say you tap on the start icon which is true but that also happened with Qmenu. The LockLevelPatch.mscr seems to lag my phone more than anything.

However all this being said i've always liked Main Menu, not so much the Start Menu, primarily because it is customizable. I'd love to have that in this ROM with the caveat of having the Today icon as well (possible?).

Amd, any way you can make icon shortcuts for some of the needed samsung settings; i.e., tv out, usb/activesync to mass storage, backlight, etc., so we can have them in the main menu instead? or are they directly associated with samsung settings. Sounds cool but also sounds daunting.

soon enough, I fixed mms, but broke album (picture viewing).

I'm putting samsung settings back in as I don't have the knowledge to do every settings shortcut (yet).

Guest tedkord

I was using this mainmenu for a time, but not since I went back to SPB MS3.5 - just no need for one. Now, I just use Arto's start menu remover, then reenable the X and Windows buttons.

XTask/XHook have a function for attaching any app you want to the Windows start menu button. I was using that to map this korean main menu to it, and it worked like a charm. I was using the version that mapped the center bottom button on the main menu to the task switcher, and it was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the X button couldn't be set to close the main menu out, only to minimize it. I had to shut it down with task switcher or task manager. It does take about 3mb of RAM when it's active.

Guest the sandman

AMD, the new Sense rom is awesome! It's fast and everything works very well. After setting everything up and using it for a few hours the RAM settles at around 60mb which is good for a sense rom

The only problem i noticed is with the messaging, the Send button is written in Chinese. It still works tho

Guest tedkord
AMD, the new Sense rom is awesome! ...The only problem i noticed is with the messaging, the Send button is written in Chinese. It still works tho

It's probably best that we all start learning chinese, anyway. It's only a matter of time...

Guest the sandman
It's probably best that we all start learning chinese, anyway. It's only a matter of time...

I hope I die before that time comes...

In the Sense rom, i get a notification and a sound every time i send a message. I tried searching but all the solutions didnt work. Any one know how to disable it?

I was using this mainmenu for a time, but not since I went back to SPB MS3.5 - just no need for one. Now, I just use Arto's start menu remover, then reenable the X and Windows buttons.

XTask/XHook have a function for attaching any app you want to the Windows start menu button. I was using that to map this korean main menu to it, and it worked like a charm. I was using the version that mapped the center bottom button on the main menu to the task switcher, and it was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the X button couldn't be set to close the main menu out, only to minimize it. I had to shut it down with task switcher or task manager. It does take about 3mb of RAM when it's active.

I am letting AEButton Plus connect my Center button (1 press) take me to Main Menu. I am not familiar with Xtask/Xhook. Maybe I should give that a try?

SmartLock is new to me, and pretty cool, also.

I am finding this ROM, and this thread a real breath of fresh air. Thanks to all.

Guest amdzero

Yeah I saw that this morning. I was like wtf! Then I realized I used a chinese message package to make mms to work.oh well, later on I'll upload the correct image/mui file.

I built this rom for my wife, as she is now the owner of my omnia 2. I really like the facebook integration in this rom.

Keep up the error reporting so I can fix them and release a sense kitchen.

EDIT: Image file is uploaded to first post.

Edited by amdzero

Guest sixstrings

AMD!!! you've done it again!! Another sense rom that i'm loving!!! Everything seems to be smooth except for the gsensor. Great job bro. By the way, is there anyway to get the facebook tab on here?

I think Ninja4hire NinjaMenu is the Korean version plus a colored Windows 6.5 Menu icon on the left. Black background. Working for me.

post-523611-1295549306_thumb.png

Edited by Robtao