[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920) 6.5/6.5.5 Testing

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
AMD!!! you've done it again!! Another sense rom that i'm loving!!! Everything seems to be smooth except for the gsensor. Great job bro. By the way, is there anyway to get the facebook tab on here?

I removed rotation support from this rom to begin with, as I didn't want my phone to rotate... ever. But now I see that I need it for my pictures to "right" themselves when using the camera. I'll search for what I removed and see about putting it back in.

Guest nvrmind
I removed rotation support from this rom to begin with, as I didn't want my phone to rotate... ever. But now I see that I need it for my pictures to "right" themselves when using the camera. I'll search for what I removed and see about putting it back in.

That's the biggest place I missed it... but the games that use the gsensor help to keep the kids occupied to (I, of course, never play games on my phone... HA).

Guest xlightwaverx
I think Ninja4hire NinjaMenu is the Korean version plus a colored Windows 6.5 Menu icon on the left. Black background. Working for me.

Oh that Ninja... I dunno. The graphics seem quite different. It might be a mainmenu from another Omnia like ROM. When I ResEdit'd the executable, I didn't see any of those graphics that I could change, but then again, I might need a better ResEditor.

If someone figures it out, or if Ninja comes on, can someone post the answer...??

X

Guest werever
Yeah I saw that this morning. I was like wtf! Then I realized I used a chinese message package to make mms to work.oh well, later on I'll upload the correct image/mui file.

I built this rom for my wife, as she is now the owner of my omnia 2. I really like the facebook integration in this rom.

Keep up the error reporting so I can fix them and release a sense kitchen.

EDIT: Image file is uploaded to first post.

sorry for the dumb question but this is the first time i installed a sense ROM (btw is awesome like all your ROMs) but i don't know about that facebook integration do i need to download the facebook tab or something?

thanks

and to my opinion the power calc is fine and the original winmo start menu is fine also

Guest amdzero
sorry for the dumb question but this is the first time i installed a sense ROM (btw is awesome like all your ROMs) but i don't know about that facebook integration do i need to download the facebook tab or something?

thanks

and to my opinion the power calc is fine and the original winmo start menu is fine also

in test 2, power calc is in instead of winmo calc. I have not removed the start menu, you can remove it yourself if you are so inclined. The facebook integration is for the contacts. If you go to people tab->all people, then choose a contact, and slide to the socialization tab (man with clock) you can associate with facebook under the updates heading.

Then on the all people section you can slide over to the man with clock and see all their updates.

BTW see first post for motion sensor.

here is the graphic send button (instead of the Chinese character send button) for HTC messaging-btn_HTCMSG_TD_SEND.zip

(just copy it to your windows directory on your phone)

When I try to copy the PNG file to the windows directory on my phone, I get an error saying access is denied.

I've tried copying it from a desktop while connected with ActiveSync, and I've tried copying it it within the phone (with the PNG file saved on a memory card).

What am I doing wrong?

Guest amdzero
When I try to copy the PNG file to the windows directory on my phone, I get an error saying access is denied.

I've tried copying it from a desktop while connected with ActiveSync, and I've tried copying it it within the phone (with the PNG file saved on a memory card).

What am I doing wrong?

in order to overwrite a file in rom you need to use Resco Explorer, or total commander (free).

Sent from my Tricked Out Samsung Fascinate.

in order to overwrite a file in rom you need to use Resco Explorer, or total commander (free).

Thanks again AMD, total commander did the trick.

Is there a cab available of the default samsung lock screen that's in the stock rom? It's the only thing I really miss having.

I tried S2U2, but that seemed to have more going on than I wanted and is kind of laggy. I just want a quick push button unlock screen.

Guest werever
in test 2, power calc is in instead of winmo calc. I have not removed the start menu, you can remove it yourself if you are so inclined. The facebook integration is for the contacts. If you go to people tab->all people, then choose a contact, and slide to the socialization tab (man with clock) you can associate with facebook under the updates heading.

Then on the all people section you can slide over to the man with clock and see all their updates.

BTW see first post for motion sensor.

well thanks for taking the time to answer. the more i use the rom the more i love it. i would not really add anything to the final version maybe only fixing whatever bugs it has. my only remaining question is can any of the sense themes from xda be use on this or are they only exclusive to htc devices?

and thanks again for making me love my omnia 2 which probably has only a couple months left as i will be upgrading soon

THX AMD for another amazing ROM!!

Couple of things. In HTC Messenger, you can't type in Korean, you can everywhere else, including on the quick text, but not on the text box itself. Any Ideas?? I googled for this topic but could not find any information.

Also, I looked in the CAP repositories and could not find a CAB for samsung communities. I only use it for uploading pictures to Facebook. If you could CAB it? or have suggestion for a different app?

Thank you for staying with us!

Guest xlightwaverx
This is a Test release for i920 VERIZON WIRELESS only Omnia 2 device.

I don't have much experience with cooking 6.5 roms, as I've been working a lot with 23569 (6.5.5) roms for a while. If this test release has no/few problems I'll build a sense rom on top of it.

Please provide feedback for me.

There are no pictures yet, as this is nothing but a STRIPPED down stock rom.

Almost all samsung software components have been removed (not to include drivers obviously).

Nothing has been added except a few minor reg tweaks, and the ability to use the phone call button without widgetsplus. Also I've reduced the pagepool to 12MB in preparation for sense.

It boots to around 362.86ROM/102.63MB RAM Free

Download Link:

here is the samsung orientation service AMDZero_motion_Agent.cab

Here is the HTC Gsensor. HTC Sense doesn't recognize it correctly so you can't us it to calibrate, however the htc sensor dll is in here so u can use "some" HTC apps/games.AMDZero_Test2_HTC_G_Sensor.cab

here is the graphic send button (instead of the Chinese character send button) for HTC messaging-btn_HTCMSG_TD_SEND.zip

(just copy it to your windows directory on your phone)

6.5 Test version 2 (with sense)

6.5 Test version 1

Cmon People, post some screen shots.

X

Guest amdzero
Cmon People, post some screen shots.

X

I'm out of town at the moment, but when I get back I'll post some screenshots. It won't look spectacular, its just the standard WinMo (gutted) with Sense 2.5 (LEO 2018 mostly) on top. So there aren't ANY special icons or themes. Seems to work pretty good, but I can't figure out why calendar->new appointments won't work even after I put in the Appointment Editor package.

Guest amdzero
Thanks again AMD, total commander did the trick.

Is there a cab available of the default samsung lock screen that's in the stock rom? It's the only thing I really miss having.

I tried S2U2, but that seemed to have more going on than I wanted and is kind of laggy. I just want a quick push button unlock screen.

Here is the samsung lockscreen as posted in my other rom thread:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=63140

Thanks for the lock screen cab, AMD.

When I open a video to play (I'm assuming its the default sense player), there are no controls (pause, play, fast forward, rewind, etc).

It also only plays in landscape mode, but that's not really a big problem.

Any fixes for the no on-screen controls?

Guest ultralight23
....I can't figure out why calendar->new appointments won't work even after I put in the Appointment Editor package.

Something i need for everyday use, i'll flash when this is up.

What kind of memory usage are people getting?

Guest sixstrings
Something i need for everyday use, i'll flash when this is up.

What kind of memory usage are people getting?

after I installed most of my usual apps,(and i installed alot of them), my free ram is sitting between 60-75MB. This is by far the BEST and FASTEST sense rom out!!

Edited by sixstrings

Guest iamandrewww

Uh, what music player do you guys use. I was fine with the regular touch player but I can't seem to find it.. I'm stuck with the Sense Player where I have to scroll for 10 minutes to find a song (Any solutions for that)? Anyways, great ROM, amazingly fast. Thank you greatly for your contribution.

Guest tedkord
Uh, what music player do you guys use. I was fine with the regular touch player but I can't seem to find it.. I'm stuck with the Sense Player where I have to scroll for 10 minutes to find a song (Any solutions for that)? Anyways, great ROM, amazingly fast. Thank you greatly for your contribution.

Touch Player should be located at Windows\Touchplayer.exe. Look to see if that file is there, and if it is copy a shortcut to it in to Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I don't know if AMD included Touch Player in this ROM build, as I haven't flashed it. If not, I'll try to dig up the cab for you to install.

Guest iamandrewww
Touch Player should be located at Windows\Touchplayer.exe. Look to see if that file is there, and if it is copy a shortcut to it in to Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I don't know if AMD included Touch Player in this ROM build, as I haven't flashed it. If not, I'll try to dig up the cab for you to install.

Ahh, thank you for the help. However, I could not find the "Touchplayer.exe". Would you be so kind enough to find the cab? Thank you!

Guest amdzero
Ahh, thank you for the help. However, I could not find the "Touchplayer.exe". Would you be so kind enough to find the cab? Thank you!

Touchplayer is indeed in this rom. It is required for use in the Camera.exe app. You are not able to find this file, as it is in ROM, and it is a HIDDEN SYSTEM file. So use total commander and create a short cut. If you still have troubles, I can create a simple .cab for you.

Looks like I'm going to have to create a list of cabs for programs that ppl want, that were removed from my ULTRALITE rom.

I'll start with File Manager (samsung app) soon.

Guest xlightwaverx
Touchplayer is indeed in this rom. It is required for use in the Camera.exe app. You are not able to find this file, as it is in ROM, and it is a HIDDEN SYSTEM file. So use total commander and create a short cut. If you still have troubles, I can create a simple .cab for you.

Looks like I'm going to have to create a list of cabs for programs that ppl want, that were removed from my ULTRALITE rom.

I'll start with File Manager (samsung app) soon.

It is not required for the Camera bro.