New Kernel's Fixed WiFi

Guest jamidodger1

Guest wiffeltje
Captivate Keep Alive is working like a charm. Thanks for the tip. I hope this problem will be fixed soon enough.

I'm not sure it will ever get fixed. I'm not very sure about it, but enabling the support for the Wifi chip and the processor to go into low power mode and be able to wake up if needed, requires the appropriate hardware lines between them.

If they were, I would expect this to work already (since it is some pretty standard behavior in android). Since it is not working, I guess that the hardware is not OK for this. That means it will not be just a software fix.

Guest David Horvath
I'm not sure it will ever get fixed. I'm not very sure about it, but enabling the support for the Wifi chip and the processor to go into low power mode and be able to wake up if needed, requires the appropriate hardware lines between them.

If they were, I would expect this to work already (since it is some pretty standard behavior in android). Since it is not working, I guess that the hardware is not OK for this. That means it will not be just a software fix.

When i had a T-Mobile Pulse, it was working, and that had a cheaper hardware setup. I think the chips would support them. Dont think we'll get an answer anyway..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joejoeal
You can get the same result by using "Captivate Keep Alive" ...

You Sir deserve a knighthood for this discovery! Thank you thank you thank you! :lol:

Guest Magnets

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but I wrote a small patch for Timeriffic giving it the option of holding a wakelock so you can have the wifi enabled via a timer/for a fixed period. Don't know if it's any use to others, but I can test it some more and submit it to the original author or just release an APK.