Daskalos B7610 MEGA-lit-EX

Guest daskalos

Guest tjeerdos

hey sir daskalos,

one of your apps is troubling text messages. do you know witch one?

i can't sent any message. it just won't open an new text message.

any idea?

greetsss tjeerdos

Guest jbarrick
Hi. I have a problem with CHome. I instaled it but i can't select in settings.

I have the same problem. Cant get titanium in the today items settings.

Guest jbarrick

Thanks for the tip about changing the theme by means of samsung settings, but I cant change the wallpaper. Whichever picture I select shows up correctly in the preview screen, when you hit done the new wallpaper is just a blue background similar to the blue theme. This happens regardless of if I select the water picture leaf or grass.

Guest khaicuong
Restore network settings in samsung settings or set them manually in wm network settings.

Thank for your help. i did it but my b7610 still cant use gprs.

Guest ANILPHV

Hi Daskalos,

I have tried this ROM for couple of hours and it is indeed very fast one but there are few bugs I noticed and hopefully you can resolve them soon.

1. I have installed Samsung Dialer, Call log and Phone book. But somehow I was not able to open either Call log or Phonebook from Dialer interface.

2. Some applications like PHM Registry editor, Pocket RAR are not working for me (I have installed them to My Storage)

3. I couldn't change the ring tone from Samsung Settings. May be those files are missing, I was not able to select other ring tones.

4. B7610 Diagnostics & Audio Gain got installed into Storage Card, not My Storage like rest of the apps.

These are few of the issue I have noticed. Please look into these for V2.

Otherwise, I think this kind of ROM has a huge potential and I highly appreciate your efforts in bringing speed and stability to our devices.

Thanks,

Anil

Guest Thunder141
Thank for your help. i did it but my b7610 still cant use gprs.

i've had this problem with a rom where wwan and btdun sys packages are removed. No Internet connection possible over gprs or umts.

Very excited about this.

Waiting for someone who can outline the correct install sequence and dependencies of the cabs for us noobs.

To begin with you can install the basic cabs as listed in my earlier post on page 1.

Guest daskalos
Hi Daskalos,

I have tried this ROM for couple of hours and it is indeed very fast one but there are few bugs I noticed and hopefully you can resolve them soon.

1. I have installed Samsung Dialer, Call log and Phone book. But somehow I was not able to open either Call log or Phonebook from Dialer interface.

2. Some applications like PHM Registry editor, Pocket RAR are not working for me (I have installed them to My Storage)

3. I couldn't change the ring tone from Samsung Settings. May be those files are missing, I was not able to select other ring tones.

4. B7610 Diagnostics & Audio Gain got installed into Storage Card, not My Storage like rest of the apps.

These are few of the issue I have noticed. Please look into these for V2.

Otherwise, I think this kind of ROM has a huge potential and I highly appreciate your efforts in bringing speed and stability to our devices.

Thanks,

Anil

1. Because Call log and Phonebook must be in \Windows for the the Dialer interface link to work.

2. You must install .net framework. I think pocket rar is not yet fully compatible with WM 6.5.3, you'll have problems on its interface.

3. Uninstall and just re-install and select storage card

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos
Thanks for the tip about changing the theme by means of samsung settings, but I cant change the wallpaper. Whichever picture I select shows up correctly in the preview screen, when you hit done the new wallpaper is just a blue background similar to the blue theme. This happens regardless of if I select the water picture leaf or grass.

this is because they (picture,leaf,grass) are not available in the rom. Select pictures that are available in your my storage/storage card.

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos
Hi. I have a problem with CHome. I instaled it but i can't select in settings.

it seems I uploaded the wrong Chome cab. :D I'll upload it later

Bro Das.. I can't change my ringtone and new text message.. I used both Samsung setting and sound&notifications in default setting.. Can you fix it???

Just don't select Ring01-WindowsPhone, Ring02-Velvet, Ring03-Flame as ringtone. They will not work (yet) because they are in .wma format and the app that can read them, Windows Media Player, is removed. Just select other tones in .wav or .mp3 format as ringtone.

hey sir daskalos,

one of your apps is troubling text messages. do you know witch one?

i can't sent any message. it just won't open an new text message.

any idea?

greetsss tjeerdos

What apps are installed in your device when the time of the erro occured?

I have the same problem. Cant get titanium in the today items settings.

it seems I uploaded the wrong Chome cab. :P I'll upload it later

Guest tjeerdos
it seems I uploaded the wrong Chome cab. :D I'll upload it later

Just don't select Ring01-WindowsPhone, Ring02-Velvet, Ring03-Flame as ringtone. They will not work (yet) because they are in .wma format and the app that can read them, Windows Media Player, is removed. Just select other tones in .wav or .mp3 format as ringtone.

it seems I uploaded the wrong Chome cab. :P I'll upload it later

only the apps that you provided with your rom. so it has to be in one off those??

greets tjeerdos[

Guest tjeerdos
January 10 2011

MEGA-lit-EX 6.5.3 build 29007

-WM build 29007

available at 2nd post

okay, going to try this one.... hope my sms problem is gone in this one.

do you think this one is faster than your megalite 23151 v.210.

because i reflashed to that one because of my sms trouble in the first mega-lite -ex

greets tjeerdos

Guest darthveda
Hi Daskalos,

I also faced this problem in the first build (23144). I was unable to select any other ringtone in the list either from Windows Settings or Samsung Settings. It's the same in 29007 build. Am unable to have a ring tone which is functional right now. Is there a fix to this problem?

Guest Sheep82

You can use a file explorer to assign a audio file as your ringtone. I've noticed that the association of .mp3 files is not correct and because of that you can't assign .mp3 as a ringtone. You can fix the association problem by using something like total commander.

GL

Thnx for your contribution Daskalos. Your roms are the best.

Donation is comming :D

I also faced this problem in the first build (23144). I was unable to select any other ringtone in the list either from Windows Settings or Samsung Settings. It's the same in 29007 build. Am unable to have a ring tone which is functional right now. Is there a fix to this problem?

Guest khaicuong
Restore network settings in samsung settings or set them manually in wm network settings.

thank for your help. i can use gprs right now. but i have another problem , i install samsung sms but nothing change and window messange not work too.

i am finding a software to see and write sms . can you help me ? thank you

thank for your help. i can use gprs right now. but i have another problem , i install samsung sms but nothing change and window messange not work too.

i am finding a software to see and write sms . can you help me ? thank you

There's some talk about sms problems on page two, it seems to be solved in the new 29007 release :D

Guest darthveda

I uninstalled samsung settings and rebooted, that has fixed the problem of not being able to assign any ringtone other than the default one. I re-installed the samsung settings and this time to My Storage, and the same problem has re-appeared. I can't change the ring tone or the ring style to any other than what has already been chosen..

Guest tjeerdos
There's some talk about sms problems on page two, it seems to be solved in the new 29007 release :D

i unistalled chome. that did it for me. i can sms now.

greets tjeerdos

I installed this ROM as my first and the speed is really better! Thanks Daskalos!

It is quite usable but I have a couple of small issues though.

ANILPHV in post 31 had a problem with call log linking with the phone app, and was answered in post 35 with "it should be in \Windows". How do I solve this problem? Do I uninstall Call log and Phonebook and re-install to "device"? Or must I do something else?

I also have the same problem with no ringtones being available - only "Samsung Tune" is selectable and it does not even play. What did you mean by telling him "reinstall to Storage card" ? What do I install to the card? What happens if I remove the card to use it for something else?

When I tried the "Audio record and play test" in the "B7610 diagnostics" i could not get any playback, however the voice recorder works, in-call sound works, and sounds with screen taps also work, so I am confident I don't have damaged hardware!.

Guest darthveda
I also have the same problem with no ringtones being available - only "Samsung Tune" is selectable and it does not even play. What did you mean by telling him "reinstall to Storage card" ? What do I install to the card? What happens if I remove the card to use it for something else?

uninstall samsung settings, reboot, goto windows settings, sounds and notifications, select ringtone there, reinstall samsung settings to access anyother settings.

Guest jbarrick

I am using Version 2 and am still having a few problems.

1) from the dialer skin I still cannot use the bottom buttons to access call log or phone book, although I can access these form the start menu.

But the SMS button does work.

2) when I slide out the keyboard to type a name to look up a number, it pulls up the MS phonebook which is fine execpt that it will not let me pick a number or txt.

it does let me slide to the left or right to see "M" "H" "H2" ect.. but I cant select any of them nor can I open the contact info page.

3)XDA UC was acting wierd in that it install almost of the the cabs to the deivce but only install 1/3 of the cabs to storage

I am also having some minor sms bugs but havent isolated what and when they occur so I can report later.

I have most all the cabs installed in daskalos locations he mentioned. ececpt for the phone log and dialer files, ect.. I have put those all in device trying to solve problems.

The olnly cabs I havent used are internet sharing and communites and my phone.

Have also been back and forth with Moble Shell 3.5 which works great. Although might go back to CHome once a good cab is here.

Edited by jbarrick