Daskalos B7610 MEGA-lit-EX

Guest daskalos

Guest jbarrick

Ok I deleted those extra touch player files and all is still good. Not encountering any problems with the ringtone anymore.

I deleted these three files from /windows with file explore

Daskalos MX Touch Player v2.cab

Daskalos MX Touch Player v3.cab

Daskalos MX Touch Player.cab

Edited by jbarrick

@daskalos

Eureka!

Replicated the error of ringtones with touchplayer!

When I associated mp3 to be opened through touch player, bingo..............ringtones disappear.

I tried to replicate it after hardresetting almost five times now and every time this thing is done error is being replicated perfectly.

Ran kheb also, but it didn't provide anything significant. I have attached the snapshot difference of the registry, no major file got changed.

Touchplayer cab is so jumbled up that I couldn't make much from it, as it has following mysterious cabs (as mentioned earlier)

Daskalos REG Whole.cab

Didn't have the heart to run through the setup.xml, but somehow of the so many files entering the windows directory which can be difficult to know which one causes problem.

I hope now you can work for a solution.

Can someone suggest how can FM radio be run in airplane mode. When this ROM is installed, with no other programs, FM runs in offline mode, but after installation of few files, not sure which one, FM radio gives error of being in airplane mode.

Guest omomomomnia2

hi daskloas

i follow the instruction from the top and when i flash megalite rom my device wont boot.

its freeze at 'samsung omnia2'boot screen.

so i tried all of ur other megalite rom its freeze again

thing is other rom is working

am i doing something wrong here? plz help me~

Guest daskalos
@daskalos

Eureka!

Replicated the error of ringtones with touchplayer!

When I associated mp3 to be opened through touch player, bingo..............ringtones disappear.

I tried to replicate it after hardresetting almost five times now and every time this thing is done error is being replicated perfectly.

Ran kheb also, but it didn't provide anything significant. I have attached the snapshot difference of the registry, no major file got changed.

Touchplayer cab is so jumbled up that I couldn't make much from it, as it has following mysterious cabs (as mentioned earlier)

Daskalos REG Whole.cab

Didn't have the heart to run through the setup.xml, but somehow of the so many files entering the windows directory which can be difficult to know which one causes problem.

I hope now you can work for a solution.

Can someone suggest how can FM radio be run in airplane mode. When this ROM is installed, with no other programs, FM runs in offline mode, but after installation of few files, not sure which one, FM radio gives error of being in airplane mode.

So the solution is to associate .mp3 to touch player?

hi daskloas

i follow the instruction from the top and when i flash megalite rom my device wont boot.

its freeze at 'samsung omnia2'boot screen.

so i tried all of ur other megalite rom its freeze again

thing is other rom is working

am i doing something wrong here? plz help me~

This ROM is for B7610 only :lol:

Guest LukasSnake
Ok, installed your new rom and your fixed cabs, sms notification is working, but rington notification not :lol:

Some app dont sart it sms samguns, and some others, certificate problem!

Hi folks, I really like this ROM but the ringtone problem was a real pain in the ass...I wasn't able to select mp3 ringtone and when I found way how to select it, it wasn't ringing anyway...

After few hours spend testing and reinstalling I found a workaround(not a solution!!) for this problem. What worked for me was converiting my mp3 ringtone to wav file, placing it to \Windows\Rings and selecting it in the original WinMo settings (not the Samsung one)!!! Hope it'll work for you as it worked for me...

Guest LukasSnake

One question: anybody got the S2P player working?? Even with WMP installed (whis is essentila according to the autor of this app) I'm still getting an error "Parameter is incorrect" Any ideas??

Guest daskalos
One question: anybody got the S2P player working?? Even with WMP installed (whis is essentila according to the autor of this app) I'm still getting an error "Parameter is incorrect" Any ideas??

I think you need to put the WMP files in \Windows

Guest jbarrick

Ok, another question. I am trying to increase the volume for the in-call speaker. I tired from another thread the *#0002*28346# code that works on some roms but it not working for me on this rom.

Are there other ways to increase the max volume for the in-call speaker?

The volume settings on everything else is great, so I don't think it is a faulty speaker.

Guest Bokun23

Hi all,

ive got a question about the silent install part of this rom. It is possible to silently install on your storage card and the main memory of the phone. But how can i silently install programs in `my storage´ ?

I mostly use my storage to install most of the programs and some important ones on the main memory. I use the storage card for music etc.

Thnx in advance,

Guest jbarrick

Well, everything is going great on this Rom Stable and fast. I have been switching between Chome and SPB mobile shell and everthing is quick and stable.

My one problem is with the samsung dialer cab. It works partially, but it will not allow me to switch between multiple phone numbers for a single contact. niether will it let me look up their contact info. This is dispete repeated and varied installations of dialer/phonebook/call log.

Any help?

Guest jbarrick
Ok, another question. I am trying to increase the volume for the in-call speaker. I tired from another thread the *#0002*28346# code that works on some roms but it not working for me on this rom.

Are there other ways to increase the max volume for the in-call speaker?

The volume settings on everything else is great, so I don't think it is a faulty speaker.

I installed B7610 Diagnostics & Audio Gain* cab and this code still does not work. But neither do the audio gain MS and audio gain SC.

Do I need samsung dialer to be installed as well, because it was only partially working and that is why I removed it.

Guest jbarrick

Another thing I could use help in figuring out. I have having trouble with the open file with. I have several word files .doxc extention that I can not get associated with Word. If I try open files with dialog box and search for the word program it wont select it because it is not an .exe

Ideas?

Fixed:

Need to find the actual file in the program folder, not the icon from windows/start menu.

Tried reinstalling office to device hoping it would help with the registry codes but it didnt. Above solution still works.

Edited by jbarrick

Guest daskalos
Another potetial small bug;

The new cab for Chome, I can successfully install it but can not unistall it.

You must disable Windows Default before uninstalling it :P

Guest jbarrick
You must disable Windows Default before uninstalling it :P

I did do that, but this morning after reinstalling it and deleting it 3 times it finally left. Some minor glitch I guess.

Guest jbarrick

I was also wondering it anyone has had trouble with the samsung dialer for mega lite EX?

I would really like to get this to work because I like the look if the skin, the option to record the call, and the nice skin to answer/decline/send sms. But I can not get the dialer, phonebook and call log to cooperate together correctly. Using the samsung dialer it only gives me one choice of phone number to use it wont let me switch between multiple numbers for a single contact, nor can I get into thier contact info itself without backing out to the default contact program.

Is there a fix to this other another option for a nice dialer skin/ phonebook that incorperates call record?

Guest ktulu3388

Daskalos, this is the best ROM I've seen. Congratulations for your hard work. My main problem is the sound: I con't open Audio Gain (I've tried to put in SC and MS, but I can't open it, so I can't change volume); I only cna put .mp3 ringtone, but the .wma sounds don't work; I use SPB Time for alarms, but no sound when the alarm wakes up.

Pelase try to solve this problem and your ROM will be perfect.

Btw, do you know how to enable threaded SMS?

Guest jbarrick
Daskalos, this is the best ROM I've seen. Congratulations for your hard work. My main problem is the sound: I con't open Audio Gain (I've tried to put in SC and MS, but I can't open it, so I can't change volume); I only cna put .mp3 ringtone, but the .wma sounds don't work; I use SPB Time for alarms, but no sound when the alarm wakes up.

Pelase try to solve this problem and your ROM will be perfect.

Btw, do you know how to enable threaded SMS?

See http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...msung-sms-skin/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest greenonion

last rom sux, I even don`t want to try anymore those ekstra mumbojumbo light roms. To much work for just sending sms/mms, calls, apointments and some pdf...

It would really be nice to see everything working in mega ekxtra light rom, but yeah.... I`ll figure out my own best rom... version 3.9.2010 daskalos