Daskalos B7610 MEGA-lit-EX

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

Daskalos B7610 MEGA-lit-EX

How does this came to be:

Some users reported that they really like the Experiment ROMs because of it's fast swift performance. But other users go to the Megalites because of one obvious downside of the Experiment ROMs; some Samsung Apps will not work (for the reason that the rom is so stripped,some dependenciess are not present to make the apps run).

So here is the answer to all Megalite-Experiment ROM lovers out there: MEGA-lit-Ex Series:

I believe this is the most stripped custom ROM in the B7610 community. This ROM has been a result of some sleepless nights of experimenting and research, so please don't try to reverse engineer it :o

Since this will be a series of ROMs, specs will vary (because of builds, pagepool value, tweaks etc.), though generally the MEGA-lit-Ex ROMs will offer:

- 300-400Mb free ROM storage/ 90 to 100Mb+ available RAM

- the speed of Experiment ROM series

- Samsung Apps will now work (via new cabs provided)

- Some Samsung Apps can now be installed in other storages (My Storage/Storage Card)

- Some defaut Windows Mobile apps can now be installed in other storages (My Storage/Storage Card)

- first boot Customization with XDA UC

- And many others :D

Exciting isn't it :D

Currently these are the removed applications and are now available in cab form (note that those with * can NOW be installed in My Storage/Storage Card)

Samsung Apps:

Connected Home

FM Radio

Landscape Launcher

Mode Manager

Samsung Application's Haptic Feedback

Photo Album

Camera

Samsung Dialer

Samsung Keypad

Samsung Settings

Samsung Today

Touch Player

Volume Control Skin

Audio Note*

B7610 Diagnostics & Audio Gain*

Call Log*

Digital Frame*

File Manager*

Phonebook*

Podcast*

Power Calculator*

RSS Reader*

Smart Converter*

Smart Search*

Touch Calendar*

Touch Clock*

Default Windows Mobile Apps

Windows Default (CHome)

My Phone

WM Sliding Lockscreen

Adobe Reader*

Internet Explorer*

Internet Sharing*

MS Office 2010*

Windows Media Player*

Basic Apps:

File Explorer*

Calculator*

Search Phone*

Calendar*

Pictures & Videos*

Task Manager*

Notes*

Adobe Flash*

.Net Framework 3.5

(Other Samsung and WM Apps not included in the list are currently being reconstructed, which will be posted when finished)

HELP OTHER USERS CUSTOMIZE THEIR DEVICE BY USING XDA UC

Since this is obviously a stripped-naked ROM, help other users customize their device by suggesting set of applications that will be installed via XDA UC. You can post your suggested app list in this thread and post some screenshots too. Be creative and show off your device' installed themes and apps c/o XDA UC

XDA UC in the MEGA-lit-EX series is set to run at first boot,so customizing your device has never been so easy: Just drop down your favorite apps, themes, tweaks files etc. in your XDA UC folder and flash MEGA-lit-EX!(please see additional instructions on how to use XDA UC) .

HELP ME IN ENHANCING THE ROM, NOT REPRODUCING IT

Actually this series has been in development since the my first Experiment ROM was introduced here (yeah months ago :unsure: ), so if anyone has the plan of reverse engineering the MEGA-lit-EX ROM and the new Samsung/WM Apps cabs available and rebrand it to a new custom ROM under your name, Go Ahead :angry: In reality, I have no power to stop anyone from doing that, because the ROMs I produce here are free for everyone to download, use and keep. But I know if you have the conscience to realize that this was a result of some huge amount of effort, research and time, you won't be doing that, ei'?

Instead help me in enhancing the ROM by suggesting helpful things or in developing the storage-installable Samsung/WM cabs (those that cannot be installed in other storage like Touch Player)

Are You Ready?

MEGA-lit-EX ROMs are available in the 2nd Post. Enjoy!!!! B)

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos

MEGA-lit-EX SERIES

January 20 2011

MEGA-lit-EX 6.5.3 build 23152

-WM build 23152

Download it here:

[urlhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=BX9TN676

Fixed Samsung Settings ad other cabs (Chome,etc.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LYTBTULX

(if this is your first time to use this ROM, please download MEGA-lit-EX Samsung/WM cabs below)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 10 2011

MEGA-lit-EX 6.5.3 build 29007

-WM build 29007

Download it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAXBUCSD

January 7 2011

MEGA-lit-EX WM6.5.3 build 23144

-398Mb ROM/100Mb Ram

-9mb pagepool

-WM build 23144

Download it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8MJKGED

MEGA-lit-EX Samsung/WM cabs:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9T8ESIRC

password: its the same as before :unsure: (this is not the pw)

Note: Before flashing, transfer XDA_UC folder on storage card and put Daskalos WM Basic Apps in there together with you fave apps. Daskalos WM Basic Apps contains the file explorer, so it is essential to be included in your customizations. Daskalos WM Basic Apps can be installed in My Storage or Storage Card. Please see additional info on how to use XDA UC in the info text file included in the ROM archive

Please see 3rd post for additional tips and info about MEGA-lit-EX

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos

TIPS FOR MEGA-lit-EX

Here are additional tips for MEGA-lit-EX

Samsung Black Theme

To make the black theme render properly, change to this theme via Samsung Settings and allow to reset when the device ask

Compass app not working

It's because compass.dll is not in \Windows. You can install it by installing B7610 Diagnostics cab or by manually getting the compass.dll and placing it in \Windows

Audio Gain

-If you install B7610 Diagnostics in Storage Card, you can access it by taping Audio Gain SC (Storage Card), if in My Storage, use Audio Gain MS (My Storage)

Center Button Gives an error

The error is due to the fact that there is no Samsung Menu in the ROM (which is mapped to the center button) . You can always map the center button to other programs though

Picture and MP3 doesn't open

- Because the basic applications that open these media files (Pictures and Videos for image files, Windows Media Player for mp3) were removed in the MEGA-lit-Ex series.

To open then you have two options, either you can first open the program, and open them from there or the easiest way to associate them with a program. You file explores like Resco Explorer to associate them to a program,

so that the program will automatically launch if tapped (for example, instead of Pictures and Videos for images, you can associate them with Samsung Album or Resco Photo Manager)

I want Haptic feedback

- if you want the default Samsung Apps haptic feedback install Samsung Motion cab. Or use Touch Response for all your vibrating needs (just be sure to set Device ID to 11)

After UNinstalling a Samsung App, my other Samsung Apps does not work anymore.

Because the MEGA-lit-EX ROM was made to be so stripped down, all possible Samsung Apps dependencies where removed and only the files that the WM OS needed was retained.

This is the reason why I made the new cabs (MX Samsung Apps), because each cabs contain all the possible dependencies and reg entries the app needed for it to work.

For example, MX Samsung Camera and MX Touch Player share some same dependencies for them to work. If you install them both, those same dendencies will just replace each other

(obviously, because two files with the same names and extension cannot exist with each other in the same directory),

whatever sequence the two cabs are installed. So in effect, if you install them both (Camera and Touch Player) and later you uninstall one of them, the dependencies they share will

also be removed from the system, in return, the other app will not work. The only solution to this is simple: just reinstall the none-working app.

Edited by daskalos

Guest Freezy1982

THANK YOU for this daskalos!

Nice work on your experiments! And I love to hear that SamsungApps (especially AudioGain) could be installed after flashing even with UC!

Very nice! Keep on your fight for the best ROM ever :unsure:

GreeZ!

Freezy1982

Guest Thunder141

Hi Daskalos,

tested this rom. Looks great and is maximum configurable. But I have one problem.

Every additional app I install gets an error, when I try to open the shortcut: The file "xxx" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate ....."

What from the additional apps in your mx collection have I missed to get my own apps working?

Thx for your great work for the community.

EDIT: OK found it. By chance my two tested apps required netcf which i did not install ;-)

Edited by Thunder141

Hi daskalos!

Would you recommend this build to a complete newbie? This is my first smartphone and it's great, but I hate how slow it is sometimes to load messaging etc... so I want to flash it with something quicker. Is it possible to install the .CABs afterwards if I need something that I didn't load with XDA_UC?

Or would you recommend me to leave this alone and try something else?

Guest sakisds
Hi daskalos!

Would you recommend this build to a complete newbie? This is my first smartphone and it's great, but I hate how slow it is sometimes to load messaging etc... so I want to flash it with something quicker. Is it possible to install the .CABs afterwards if I need something that I didn't load with XDA_UC?

Or would you recommend me to leave this alone and try something else?

You can install your cabs anytime you want. Actually, you can just load a file manager with XDA_UC and install everything you want afterwards manually.

One great masterpiece I must again admit, enough of rom and ram and speed too.

I need to learn a few dependencies, trying them right now, individually got many things working the way I wanted. I will post other details asap! :D

Guest gdmlower

hi dashkalos.i have some problems.

xda uc work perfectly:)

my problem is samsung settıngs cant detect my connection setup(MMS,wap,internet)

Edited by gdmlower

Guest khaicuong

i have put your MX Samsung settings on XDA-UC . but after boot, the samsung settings not auto set the network . now i cant use GPRS. please help me ...... and thank you very much for your hard work .

i have put your MX Samsung settings on XDA-UC . but after boot, the samsung settings not auto set the network . now i cant use GPRS. please help me ...... and thank you very much for your hard work .

Restore network settings in samsung settings or set them manually in wm network settings.

Working great! My tips for users:

1. You must have XDA_UC folder in your storage card
  2. Put at least WM Basic Applications.cab
  3. Not mandatory, but you will be required to put in dotnet 3.5, flashlite, samsung settings. Other programs like camera, fm radio are essential for the h/ware functioning.

If you fail to put wm basic applications or any other file manager, then you will be stuck as installation of other programs will be impossible as such or you might have to put installers in startup folder for programs :-( using activesyc, so be careful!

@ daskalos, I have two problems right now, one the phone cannot initiate USSD, I need it as I am not getting service messages, any cab or other workaround.

And where can I find default photoviewer?

This ROM is giving more than 100mb free RAM with OEM dialer on!

Guest daskalos
Sir can we have windows mobile v6.5 also !!!!

I'll try

i have a bug, i install the samsung today, but nothing!

Can someone help me?

Thank u!

You can reinstall it and see if it works. And go to home and set Samsung Today as the home item

it takes time to wakeup from sleep

Yeah I'm also getting that, from my test, it's caused by the old lock, the wake up problem disappeared when I disabled the wm lock or use S2U2

Working great! My tips for users:
  1. You must have XDA_UC folder in your storage card
  2. Put at least WM Basic Applications.cab
  3. Not mandatory, but you will be required to put in dotnet 3.5, flashlite, samsung settings. Other programs like camera, fm radio are essential for the h/ware functioning.
If you fail to put wm basic applications or any other file manager, then you will be stuck as installation of other programs will be impossible as such or you might have to put installers in startup folder for programs :-( using activesyc, so be careful!

@ daskalos, I have two problems right now, one the phone cannot initiate USSD, I need it as I am not getting service messages, any cab or other workaround.

And where can I find default photoviewer?

This ROM is giving more than 100mb free RAM with OEM dialer on!

What is USSD? i remember removing some exe files that are related to it, I didn't know what it is and what does it do so I removed it :D

The default photo viewer is in WM Basic Apps cab

I love your contributions daskolos.

The only thing that I dont like is that your megalite roms continue to have third party apps in them like registry editor and pim backup ect....

Whil I know you develope these rom mostly for your use, with the use of UCnet to install our files why cant those extra things being added by choice or allow some like me that prefer my resco programs that I alrady paid for to install them without lossing the space to the preinstall alternative.

Perhaps there is a reason that I dont understand why you need to do this???

Rhis rim doesn't contain any third party apps

Plz help me, i can't install jar file .

Because Java emulator was removed. I'm still trying to re-cab it. You can try other java emulators available in the net .

I'll try

What is USSD? i remember removing some exe files that are related to it, I didn't know what it is and what does it do so I removed it :D

The default photo viewer is in WM Basic Apps cab

Because Java emulator was removed. I'm still trying to re-cab it. You can try other java emulators available in the net .

USSD.exe along with other dependencies is the program that will give you service messages, or SMSes by your service provider immediately after the call, or when tower is changed or simple mode of communique given by your service provider. USSD.exe keeps the message on screen till dismissed or read manually and is not saved. In my case I get response to around 10 commands to know about balance, data usage, sms usage etc. by sending *123# etc. This is what I am not able to get and dialing this number would yield no result.

Manually I did try to put in ussd.exe and a couple of other files in windows folder but didn't succeed, I hope there may be other dependencies too which I might be missing out these.

Thanks for pointing out about pimg.exe from basic setting, but somehow the attached cab isn't putting this file in windows folder or rather nowhere, I extracted to windows folder manually, can you please recheck the cab, or is it failing on my phone only!

Thanks!

Guest garlic651986

Bro Das.. I can't change my ringtone and new text message.. I used both Samsung setting and sound&notifications in default setting.. Can you fix it???