Restoring apps/data backed up from dofferent phone using Titanium Backup

Guest drummer

Guest drummer

I have a rooted Hero running a custom ROM with APPS2SD.

I am upgrading to a DHD from T-Mobile UK.

Can I restore Apps & Data to the DHD (using Titanium BU) that were backed up on my Hero?

Guest winterwarmer
I have a rooted Hero running a custom ROM with APPS2SD.

I am upgrading to a DHD from T-Mobile UK.

Can I restore Apps & Data to the DHD (using Titanium BU) that were backed up on my Hero?

I am thinking about doing the same upgrade (though I don't have APPS2SD) but expect that the new DHD will have Rom 1.72 or higher so will not be rootable at the moment. I think this means that Titanium will not run but I would like to be proved wrong!!

WW

Guest drummer
I am thinking about doing the same upgrade (though I don't have APPS2SD) but expect that the new DHD will have Rom 1.72 or higher so will not be rootable at the moment. I think this means that Titanium will not run but I would like to be proved wrong!!

WW

I got my DHD today and have answered my own question. It does work (with VISONary installed) so it looks like the current batch of T-mob phones have the older ROM. Happy days :D

Guest FurryPotato
I got my DHD today and have answered my own question. It does work (with VISONary installed) so it looks like the current batch of T-mob phones have the older ROM. Happy days :D

BY the way, I'm also about to upgrade my T-Mobile to a DHD. What kind of deal did they offer you ?

Guest LoneThread

Just wondering how do T-Mobile with their new 500MB FUP compare to the following?

HTC Desire HD (Stock ROM) for £35/month, 2000 any network minutes, 5000 texts, 100 MMS, Free Spotify Premium and Truly Unlimited Internet (No FUP, Tethering Allowed - I've personally downloaded 110+GB this month via mobile - Check Attached Image)

The above is The One Plan from Three. I got it because of the unlimited internet as I am unable to get normal broadband.

Does any other network come close to this for value for money?

Networx Usage Log

post-808915-1294844420_thumb.png

Edited by LoneThread

Guest winterwarmer

Well T-Mobile are about to lose my custom. I did the usual internet trawl before I spoke to them and found some good deals on the DHD (though initially I missed the Three one). None quite the same package but close enough and several from about £28 to £36 with a free handset. On calling T-Mobile they were absolutely unwilling to discuss any options - their offer is there only offer like it or lump it. The offer was basically the same package as I have but pay £10 for the DHD (not a lot in the scheme of things) for a 24m contract or £110 for a 18m contract.

So I said I would think about it and went for a think and another look (when I spotted the Three deal). In any case I wanted to unlock my phone so called them back - to unlock the phone was going to cost me £15 (about the same as the unlockers and at least this was a legal one) - but the hassle to do it was quite amazing. I was on the phone for about 20 minutes while the 'operative' said she had to fill in various forms. She popped up out of mute at various points to ask me questions and then get me to agree that 'unlocking my phone may make it unusable for anything other than phone calls, including internet and messaging'.

Having got to the end of that I thought I would check if she would do a deal (though now having see the Three offer I was not certain I would have taken it anyway). I got the same message so when I asked to be put through to the department to discuss cancelling my contact got various fob offs, put on to a music hold line which was then hung up!

SO the Three deal looks good (I was a bit uncertain if it allowed tethering as the Ts&Cs say something like "included data does not count for use as a modem") and I am so fed up with T-Mobile I am going to move away from them (subject to no final issues coming up).

This is the second time I have changed companies due to hassle over renewals (previously from Vodaphone to T-Mobile). So the day I find a company that handles this well they are unlikely to lose my custom!

WW

Guest LoneThread
SO the Three deal looks good (I was a bit uncertain if it allowed tethering as the Ts&Cs say something like "included data does not count for use as a modem") and I am so fed up with T-Mobile I am going to move away from them (subject to no final issues coming up).

Three do allow tethering now, the T&C's are for the old version of the plan that had 1GB/month. Check out the Three Blog for details on the Unlimited Internet. They specifically say tethering is allowed and that there is no FUP.

The Unlimited Internet was only announced on the 15th of December, they are still updating a lot of things to cover this change, and this includes the T&C.

Edited by LoneThread