[ROM] Metalounay 1.3 Acerless (15/04/2011)

Guest vache

Guest harylauw
Updated to v1.3, check the 1st post.

just finished installed 1.3 test version(i even haven't installed anything lol)..any differences with final version? thank you Vache :)

Guest Cai88

Oh thanks a lot Vache!! :) I have a doubt.... Is it overclocked at 1.5 GHz like the previuos one right? (or not? I don't know..) If I don't flash the alternative boot at 998 MHz, every time I turn on my metal it will run at 1.5GHz till setcpu gets root permissions??

Guest vache
just finished installed 1.3 test version(i even haven't installed anything lol)..any differences with final version? thank you Vache :)

It's the same, i just update the chanelog.

Oh thanks a lot Vache!! :) I have a doubt.... Is it overclocked at 1.5 GHz like the previuos one right? (or not? I don't know..) If I don't flash the alternative boot at 998 MHz, every time I turn on my metal it will run at 1.5GHz till setcpu gets root permissions??

Yes it support 1.5Ghz, and 998Mhz is set at boot with a script, so even if SetCPU is not configured, it will force this frequency.

Guest Force User

vache

thank you for all your work!

I would like to use your OC boot 998mhz on official clear 100.35 update

is it possible to remove all files from the .zip and try to flash it only with boot.img

will it works?

I've read your post with download link but don't shure wil it works with 100.35 update

or maybe you'll create signed boot.zip with new bootanimation (it looks great)

I will be very grateful

Guest vache
vache

thank you for all your work!

I would like to use your OC boot 998mhz on official clear 100.35 update

is it possible to remove all files from the .zip and try to flash it only with boot.img

will it works?

I've read your post with download link but don't shure wil it works with 100.35 update

or maybe you'll create signed boot.zip with new bootanimation (it looks great)

I will be very grateful

Hi,

This is the boot used in Metalounay 1.3 : http://localhostr.com/download/1AiOHcH/boot-test_BFS.zip. (flash it with sign check disable)

You can also find flashable zip for the bootnimation on the XDA topic. (link in the 1st post)

Guest 4rm45

When i upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.3 i found that performance went way worse.

In 1.2.1 i got Quadrant scores over 2000 but in 1.3 only 1200 :)

I also noticed that if I compare running at 998mhz and running at 1516mhz, there's no difference between performance.

Have I done something wrong or is someone else having this same problem? :)

Guest vache
When i upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.3 i found that performance went way worse.

In 1.2.1 i got Quadrant scores over 2000 but in 1.3 only 1200 :)

I also noticed that if I compare running at 998mhz and running at 1516mhz, there's no difference between performance.

Have I done something wrong or is someone else having this same problem? :)

Hi,

Did you made a complet wipe before flashing the new version ?

Version 1.3 is not intend to be flashed over 1.2.1.

Guest 4rm45
Hi,

Did you made a complet wipe before flashing the new version ?

Version 1.3 is not intend to be flashed over 1.2.1.

Yep, I upgraded to 100.35-firmware, installed recovery, wiped all and installed metalounay.

Guest vache
Yep, I upgraded to 100.35-firmware, installed recovery, wiped all and installed metalounay.

That's strange, maybe try wipe and flash again.

It should be good to have other opinions to compare, 400+ downloads and i have no news on this version.

P.S : I do not care about Quadrant scores/results.

Guest Thebushido
That's strange, maybe try wipe and flash again.

It should be good to have other opinions to compare, 400+ downloads and i have no news on this version.

P.S : I do not care about Quadrant scores/results.

I have better performance, but the metal just turn off sometimes since i instaled the leak....

Guest kimycai

Metalounay 1.3 Acerless

231057drawer.png 588835drawer2.png

Update 1.3 :

-Based on Acer_LiquidMetal_1.100.35 (Android 2.2.2) (Work only on 1.100.35 bin, it doesn't work on the GingerBread leak bin)

--Fixes the bug that causes a failure to boot properly.

--Improves call quality.

--Removes the Twitter application.

--Fixes the Twitter password and inability to post to Facebook bugs.

--Fixes the SIM contact character limitation bug.

--Fixes the Factory reset screen flaw with landscape orientation in French-language operating environments.

--Improves browser stability.

Updated : Gmail, Google Voice, Market, Maps, Adobe Flash Player, Voice Search

Updated kernel (better batterie drain, better performance, audio boost...and more)

New stylish bootanimation from aph - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=985251

Removed some Acer widgets (Calendar, Weather, MyLocation)

GingerBread Theme for apps and framework

Now keeping Acer Phone/Contacts (AOSP one have too many bugs/graphics issues, maybe i'll make a patch later for those who really prefer AOSP)

ad2sd On/Off now enable apps2sd and dalvik2sd instead of data2sd (fix reboot issue and give more space)

Other little things

do u know where the languages files are,i wanna use Chinese language but your rom above is English version ,how can i do or replace to get Chinese version with your kernel and so on above?could u tell me? thx!

Edited by kimycai

Guest vache
do u know where the languages files are,i wanna use Chinese language but your rom above is English version ,how can i do or replace to get Chinese version with your kernel and so on above?could u tell me? thx!

If you can send me the framework-res.apk from a chinese offical ROM (located in /system/framework) i can try to add languages to Metalounay.

Guest kimycai
If you can send me the framework-res.apk from a chinese offical ROM (located in /system/framework) i can try to add languages to Metalounay.

http://localhostr.com/file/T5AXXbg/framework-res.apk

here is the framework-res.apk of Chinese version,thx! :)

it has 3 languages with English 、simplified Chinese(简体) and traditional Chinese(繁体),i use simplified Chinese(简体)---zh-rCN。

Edited by kimycai

Guest vache
http://localhostr.com/file/T5AXXbg/framework-res.apk

here is the framework-res.apk of Chinese version,thx! :)

it has 3 languages with English 、simplified Chinese(简体) and traditional Chinese(繁体),i use simplified Chinese(简体)---zh-rCN。

Modded framework-res.apk with Chinese and simplified Chinese : http://localhostr.com/file/5CSNGDm/framework-res.apk

You can select them in Language settings.

It could be nice if you can send me apps folder too, to add Chinese to them too. You will not have complete translation with framework-res only.

If it runs well, i'll make a complet flashable addon.

Edited by vache