How to edit .vcf file with contacts?

Guest Cronnix

Guest Cronnix

I have exported my contacts into a vcf file, but there are quite a few I dont need. Is it possible to easy view the list and edit it on PC before importing it back, to avoid going through them one by one on the phone?

easy way is to edit them on your google mail contacts page from the pc, delete them all from your phone and sync your contacts. no need to backup.

Edited by GoNz0

Guest jamidodger1
easy way is to edit them on your google mail contacts page from the pc, delete them all from your phone and sync your contacts. no need to backup.

No It Really Isn't, I Think For Backing Up Contacts Gmail Is Great, But when it comes to restoring well i've had my contacts doubled, tripled, quadrupled :D

Guest MDCFan
No It Really Isn't, I Think For Backing Up Contacts Gmail Is Great, But when it comes to restoring well i've had my contacts doubled, tripled, quadrupled :D

I had the same issue. My advice is not to restore your contacts manually, you will get them from google servers. If you restore them, you will only create the problem you want to avoid.

To fix your contacts open Gmail in your PC, go to "Contacts", press "More actions" button and you'll find an option there to find and merge duplicates.

Edited by MDCFan