[GUIDE] Common Problems / Questions / FAQ

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest Aurimas L.

I have Gen2 OSF and SS RLS5.

There is a problem with gps... The phone connects to gps sats, but it can't display my current location in gmaps...

Guest Celestial69

If this is mentioned elsewhere I am sorry for duplicating the information but it may save some people some heart ache.

I was flashing a few of the ZTE blades today (B10's) bought direct from orange and found that the newer versions of clockwork mod simply refused to work, all that it resulted in was getting stuck at the green android logo.

To get round the issue i used version 2.5.1.8, and after flashing that was able to get into clockworkmod and flash on the MCR.

I have already flashed another version that was the b10 and it worked fine without having to use the older CWM so not sure what, if anything, changed.

Hope this helps someone out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xhapmas

Hi StevenHarperUK, i'm a new zte blade user from indonesia, currently using zte blade n880 (cdma version).

Wanna ask a question about compass faulty, have you found any errors on compass pointing direction?

I already did a 8 figures movement, but it's still has 45 degree error north pointing.

Is it a hardware problem or software problem???

and sorry 4 my bad english ;)

Thanks a lot, and open for any suggestions.

Edited by xhapmas

Guest ColdEmbrace
Hi StevenHarperUK, i'm a new zte blade user from indonesia, currently using zte blade n880 (cdma version).

Wanna ask a question about compass faulty, have you found any errors on compass pointing direction?

I already did a 8 figures movement, but it's still has 45 degree error north pointing.

Is it a hardware problem or software problem???

and sorry 4 my bad english ;)

Thanks a lot, and open for any suggestions.

Download the app elixir it allows you too test various functions of your phone and its sensors including the compass

Guest xhapmas
Download the app elixir it allows you too test various functions of your phone and its sensors including the compass

Thx coldembrace for ur advice, i already download and install elixir

and the compass result's still the same, 45 degress fault.

is there any ways to manualy adjust the compass???

Tengkyu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest forthe
Common Problems / Questions / FAQ

I want to use A2SD but what do I do

Firstly you need a ROM that supports A2SD, next you need to know if it support EXT2/3/4

Now you need to change the way your SDCard is Partitioned.

In Ubuntu use GParted - in Windows get the home version of Partition Wizard http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

Now Copy EVERYTHING off the SD Card.

Make the FIRST partition the FAT32 one (primary partition) - leave 512MB or more for the EXT2/3/4 (where apps will be installed)

Now Make Another partition (must be the SECOND) as EXT2/3/4 - also make this primary.

Now mount the Card and copy all your data back to the FAT32 Part - assuming it fits.

When you install/next boot you ROM, the EXT2/3/4 partition will be mounted as DATA / this is where your apps go from now on.

I did all as mentioned above made 2 partitions on my 4GB sdcard, 1st FAT32, 2nd Ext2, both primary. Copied my stuff from old 2GB sdcard to newer fat. Rebooted the phone. All's well, but how would the phone know to use the ext2 for app storage. I mean when i install newer apps they go to phones internal storage. The sdcard's ext2 is nowhere to be seen/used. I am already on froyo and have been using app2sd pro for moving stuff to sdcard, but still my internal space is running low ( as not all apps/stuff can to moved to sdcard). I thought that by doing the above i can install apps on the sdcard's ext2 partition, but how will the phone choose it over its own internal storage for app installation. I am on official dell XCD35 Froyo 2.2 Rom.

Thanks anyway for the huge effort.

Guest t.A.T.u

Is there any way for me to get my original android 2.2 back? I bought my phone from comviq swedish company and i uppgraded it to cyanogenmod 7 my self but it freezes my phone and i want the old orginal system back on my phone.

Any help?

Guest sc52
Format new CARD

EXT partition FIRST (500MB?)

FAT32 Next

Mount both on OLD and NEW

COPY BOTH across (dont forget hidden files)

Make sure permissions on EXT2 drive are same

Swap

Hi, Steven,

I followed some instructions from another thread on this site regarding the transferring of apps from one SD card to another and not sure what I've done wrong but I've been left with a phone that no longer works.

I did the following -

do a clockwork backup

copy the SD card to PC

use clockwork to partition and format the card

ext set at 512, swap at 0

copy the SD card backup back to the new card

do a complete restore from the clockwork backup

(you probably only need to restore the SD-EXT but it seemed safer to me)

Problems started when I tried to partition my new card - an error resulted. I followed the rest of the instructions and when the phone was rebooted the green man just stayed put.

So I've put the old SD card in and done a restore from there - but again I've just end up with the green man outstaying his welcome.

Please advise.

Thanks

EDIT Sorted

Edited by sc52

Guest Lunizka

Hi Guys!

I have a question. How can I change my Lancher Pro Plus v0.8.2 to Lancher Pro Plus v0.8.6? My Blade is Gen1 and I use FLB 8. Must I make an update.zip?! How?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry 4 my english, I learning it.... :)

Guest Lunizka
Hi Guys!

I have a question. How can I change my Lancher Pro Plus v0.8.2 to Lancher Pro Plus v0.8.6? My Blade is Gen1 and I use FLB 8. Must I make an update.zip?! How?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry 4 my english, I learning it.... :blink:

Somebody know the answer?! Pleeeease....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mushroom_Lord

Somebody know the answer?! Pleeeease....

Update it in the market.

@Stephen

Can we make a short "I think my blade is bricked" Entry - wth a link to this: thread.

I know its stickied but as pointed out by other uses there are too many "my blade is bricked" style threads. And then we can have a go at them from not even reading this thread :P

Guest slobodan urdov

Hi, Steven,

I followed some instructions from another thread on this site regarding the transferring of apps from one SD card to another and not sure what I've done wrong but I've been left with a phone that no longer works.

I did the following -

do a clockwork backup

copy the SD card to PC

use clockwork to partition and format the card

ext set at 512, swap at 0

copy the SD card backup back to the new card

do a complete restore from the clockwork backup

(you probably only need to restore the SD-EXT but it seemed safer to me)

Problems started when I tried to partition my new card - an error resulted. I followed the rest of the instructions and when the phone was rebooted the green man just stayed put.

So I've put the old SD card in and done a restore from there - but again I've just end up with the green man outstaying his welcome.

Please advise.

Thanks

EDIT Sorted

http://topmobileapplications.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...
Guest mickeystar

hi i just got a zte orange san francisco, ive rooted it .

its gen 1 and i just got it today should i go and use a custom rom, im finding this stock rom quite slow, i would like to get a new rom but am struggling to understand which roms are for gen 1, i like gingerbread stiry fry, however most important is that i would like a quick reliable everyday rom, can you recommend one, or should i wait and use the stock rom for a bit as its brand new

p.s should i change from gen 1 to gen to using tpt upgrade? does gen 2 have btter roms?

edit now have gingerstiry fry, much easier to install than i thought

BUT

not all of my music on storage is showing on the music player? i used a music app from the market but still the same problem

Edited by mickeystar

Guest Chris Banks

Have I got TFT or OLED?

Well if you have a UK device you may have OLED

If you purcashed it in 2011 you almost certainly have TFT

Both are good- but having a TFT device means that you must avoid non-TFT compatibe ROMS - All new ROMs are TFT friendly

On some ROMS you can use the Dialer to find out

Dial *983*24474636# in the dialer.

Then read here

On the Stock Orange ROM

Devices that have TFT Screens have the build Number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 (OLED can have this buid also - but rarely)

Devices that have OLED Screens have the build Number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05

The build Number can be found in - Settings | About Phone | Build Number

Just a quick note on this part. I received what I assume to be a refurbished handset under warranty with an OLED screen (using the dialer code), but with build Number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10, so there may be a few anomalies out there.

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest mickeystar

can soomehelp help with my music player problem, im using defualt player on gingerbreadstiryfry but this doesnt detect all the songs, ive tried many other music players but they have the same problem except for poweramp but this isnt free. also used rescan media and many other similar apps with same problem, ive reflashed my phone, etc. but still no differece

help please

SOLVED

googled a poweramp unlocker...

Edited by mickeystar

Guest GuillermoD

I have 2 issues with my ZTE blade 2.2;

1) BatteryFU or any other similar app won't anymore connect wifi when the phone is locked as in sleep or whatnot mode. It will connect if the screen is unlocked at the moment of sync.

I have installed all possible fixes and workaround, without any luck. The weird thing is that it used to work like a charm not that long ago. I never use 3G just WIFI.

2) Poweramp won't wake up with the headset button after few seconds in locked screen mode. It will however wake if i first press the power button and then the headset button. Is there a way to make it _always_ react to the headset button no matter how long it has been sleeping?

1. is more urgent. Now my Gmail and Whatsapp won't get updated unless i am using the phone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest arvindbsp

Hi All ,<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Friends Please help me out. I have ZTE Blade ( re branded by IDEA India) . I recently purchased this set. I tried to install cybogen mod (Latest Build) but my touch screen and camera not working . I tried different roms and Chinese roms but problem is same. Camera not connecting error and touch screen not working. <br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Please help me out<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Regards ,<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Arvind

Edited by arvindbsp

• 2 months later...
Guest wakeup12

Hello,

Why doesn't ZTE Blade runs Java apps? In the manual, it says java is supported but how? How can I just download a java app and run it?

Thank you for your responses,

• 1 month later...
Guest davb

I wonder if anyone can help with an odd phone problem, although I suspect it could be a fault.

I have a GEN1 UK Orange San Francisco, or ZTE blade, that I have flashed to GEN2 and installed Swedish Snow RLS3. This has been working fine for a couple of months, but now has an odd microphone issue. If I make a call, it works fine, I can hear the other party, and they can hear me. If someone calls me though, I can hear them, but they can't hear me (totally dead). To add to the confusion, if I put my phone into silent mode (so just vibrate), then when someone calls me it works fine - they can hear me ok.

I thought ROM at first, so installed Swedish Snow RLS7, then tried CyanogenMod7, but it is the same.

Has anyone else seen this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Thechirpify

I have a major problem. I have a ZTE Blade gen1.

My market didn't find Clockwork. Only the Clockwork premium. When I went to check it on the internet market thingo, logged in with my google account and it said that my device isn't compatible with the Rom Manager by Clockworkmod.

Since this basic failed I don't know how to go on. Please help me quickly. I really need an update for all my apps are saved on my phone and I can't move it to SD with this Android version. grr

Thanks for any advice

Chirpy

• 5 months later...
Guest John Rose

I've converted my Blade to Gen2 and am using Cyanogen 7.2. Suddenly it's having trouble finding the SIM card. I've tried removing & replacing the battery and SIM card and sometimes it finds the SIM card OK (made no difference when I used a different SIM card). However, it now won't boot up: it gets to the Android image but not to the Cyanogen image. I've tried booting to 'Clockwork' by holding down the Vol Down whilst pressing the Power On. Any ideas please?

Guest John Rose

I used the Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT to 'reload' the Phone & its OS again, after clearing the data, cache & dalvik bits. That worked so I flashed Cyanogen 7.2 ROM. That worked OK. However, when I rebooted, it still hangs on displaying the Android logo image. I've also tried installing the gapps zip file & it also hangs after that. Presumably the sdcard is OK as the flashes work. I've tried rebooting with & without the SIM card. Help!