[THEMES]For FLB G2 r7 *All Themes Available!*

Guest Frankish

All Gingerbread variants now uploaded again, tested and working. :D

Works great except my data icon which usually displays H (even on the old GB theme for R6) now always displays just G. Weird :s I'm def on 3.5G connection.

Guest Frankish
Works great except my data icon which usually displays H (even on the old GB theme for R6) now always displays just G. Weird :s I'm def on 3.5G connection.

Bugger not sure why...

Also uploaded some themes as a .rar by accident :D I'm really getting lazy with this! Will fix them but for now you can just unrar and then rezip.

EDIT:

Elegant Steel theme uploaded, tested and working. I'm not sure on the icons i thought the framework has the calls fo rthe H icon. Works on Jellyfish. :S

Edited by Frankish

Bugger not sure why...

Also uploaded some themes as a .rar by accident :D I'm really getting lazy with this! Will fix them but for now you can just unrar and then rezip.

You ready for this... Some weird s*** is going down. Just flashed the no-percentage version.... works fine O.o Haha. Might have just been my phone tbh so I wouldnt worry unless other people report it.

Thanks again for doing this man, much appreciated :P

Guest Frankish
You ready for this... Some weird s*** is going down. Just flashed the no-percentage version.... works fine O.o Haha. Might have just been my phone tbh so I wouldnt worry unless other people report it.

Thanks again for doing this man, much appreciated :P

What...? So you do get the H icon then? I'm sat here looking through xml and image files like a mad man thinking i will need to reupload all!!! :D

What...? So you do get the H icon then? I'm sat here looking through xml and image files like a mad man thinking i will need to reupload all!!! :D

I do on the no-percentage-black-menus version, on the normal battery black-menus version I dont.

Guest Frankish
I do on the no-percentage-black-menus version, on the normal battery black-menus version I dont.

That is very strange...the files i change shouldn't have any effect on any of that and all the images are form the same source :S

That is very strange...the files i change shouldn't have any effect on any of that and all the images are form the same source :S

Like I said, may have just been my phone to be honest, did reboot twice with it and it still showed G, but like I said, I wouldnt worry unless anyone else has this "problem" (I say "problem" in ""s because it's hardly worth complaining about, just thought I'd let you know).

Guest Frankish

Ok so i will continue for now.

Themes currently available.

All Gingerbread Variants.

Elegant Steel.

Revo.

To be done. (Tomorrow)

HTC Sense.

HTC Slate.

Galaxy S.

flashed blue froyo theme onto an r5a rom, it aint right, really messed up and many apps force close? i didnt think a theme update could corrupt apk's

Did you read the topic title?

Guest Frankish

Full selection of themes now available. In any themes with black menus there may still be some with white menu and white text. Sorry but i need help fixing it :S

Guest mario999

Thanks for the themes. Does the Gingerbread theme need to be flashed, then the circle battery mod on top. Or does the circle battery one contain the whole theme?

Guest Bazza76

Frankish,

I had a look thought the black menu ones and cant see any problems there maybe

there is a difference in frameworks xmls form builds.

But i still cant get why these are still giving problems.

B

Frankish,

B

Yeah same here, no problems so far. Might be worth mentioning the default theme in the stock Orange ROM has black menus, I know its for 2.1 but it still might have something useful in it, see if their theme causes these sorts of problems. Other than that I cant think of anything. If the framework doesnt actually HAVE the files needed to draw a white menu then it must be rendering it within the app, which it didnt do before O.o

Guest Frankish
Frankish,

B

Thanks for taking a look. I was sure i checked over everything!

Yeah same here, no problems so far. Might be worth mentioning the default theme in the stock Orange ROM has black menus, I know its for 2.1 but it still might have something useful in it, see if their theme causes these sorts of problems. Other than that I cant think of anything. If the framework doesnt actually HAVE the files needed to draw a white menu then it must be rendering it within the app, which it didnt do before O.o

Does it really? I never knew that as i have never used the Orange rom. So it could be something not controlled by framework-res.apk... or somethign pretty obscure in there :D

I really wanna sort this bad boy out.

Thanks for taking a look. I was sure i checked over everything!

Does it really? I never knew that as i have never used the Orange rom. So it could be something not controlled by framework-res.apk... or somethign pretty obscure in there :D

Frankish, I left you a message in FLB rl6 thread. Basically stating that on the theme FLB put out with his rls6 (the gingerbread one), he also has black menus but the application background/text display correctly in his. If you remember I sent you the pic of how it shows on 'Home Switcher', this shows correctly using FLB's theme !

Hope it helps you track it down mate..

Could you decompile the framework from the links in the ROM thread? I was surprised that it had black menus but it definitely does. Again like I said it is for 2.1 but it could give you a clue as to why it works on that theme.

Guest Geoff_UK

just installed "Gingerbread Circle Mod" - looks great, just love that battery indicator - on ext power it alternates between current charge level and the lighting symbol to show it's charging.

Any chance of the same theme, but without the orange menu selections, similar to the "blue" theme ???

Cheers mate

Can't comment on other apps that have white menus but I followed what was in 2.1 theme and it seemed to work in 2.2 (well in RootExplorer at least).

You need to edit the res\values\styles.xml and the res\drawable\menu_selector.xml.

In styles.xml add the 5th 'item name' line like below...

<style name="Theme.ExpandedMenu" parent="@style/Theme">

<item name="listViewStyle">@style/Widget.ListView.Menu</item>

<item name="windowAnimationStyle">@style/Animation.OptionsPanel</item>

<item name="background">@null</item>

<item name="itemTextAppearance">?textAppearanceLarge</item>

<item name="itemBackground">@drawable/menu_selector</item>

</style>
In menu_selector.xml add the 'item android drawable' line at the end like below...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<selector

xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">

<item android:state_enabled="true" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_pressed" />

<item android:state_enabled="false" android:state_selected="true" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_disabled" />

<item android:state_enabled="true" android:state_selected="true" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_selected" />

<item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_disabled" />

<item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="true" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_selected" />

<item android:drawable="@drawable/screen_background_dark" />

</selector>

post-780420-1294861213_thumb.png

Guest Frankish
Can't comment on other apps that have white menus but I followed what was in 2.1 theme and it seemed to work in 2.2 (well in RootExplorer at least).

You need to edit the res\values\styles.xml and the res\drawable\menu_selector.xml.

In styles.xml add the 5th 'item name' line like below...

<item name="listViewStyle">@style/Widget.ListView.Menu</item>

</style>
In menu_selector.xml add the 'item android drawable' line at the end like below...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<selector

xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">

<item android:state_enabled="true" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_pressed" />

<item android:state_enabled="false" android:state_selected="true" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_disabled" />

<item android:state_enabled="true" android:state_selected="true" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_selected" />

<item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_disabled" />

<item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="true" android:drawable="@drawable/highlight_selected" />

<item android:drawable="@drawable/screen_background_dark" />

</selector>

Almost there but i still have a big white line between the two sets and it looks really out of place...thanks for the help so far though it's great!

Here are the menus with weird white lines. Must just be missing something else. Maybe a line in styles.xml? Upload your please Mike_P?

screenshot29lx.png

screenshot33z.png

Edited by Frankish

I think I've found the problem I'd forgotten I'd made 3 edits to styles.xml doh!

I saw your post about the big white lines so I thought I'd download your TrueGingerbread-blackmenu-JJRLS3.zip and see if I got the same problem. Well I did, so I compared my styles.xml to yours and spotted the 2nd edit I'd forgotten about. No probs I thought just changed that then recompile/copy/flash.......bugger it still wasn't quite there. ;)

The 3rd edit I'd made I ignored because I assumed (wrongly it seems) that it was specific to the PNGs I was using (my theme is a cobbled together desire one) which are slightly different colours to the ones in yours. Then followed hours of edit/recompile/copy/flash to the point I'm totally pissed off with it all. It seems the 3rd edit I'd done is important but I don't understand why??

In my desire theme the divider_vertical_dark.9.png and divider_horizontal_dark.9.png aren't the same colour. The horizontal one was full white which I assumed wouldn't be suitable and as my image editing skills aren't good I saw that the divider_horizontal_dark_opaque.9.png was the same colour as the vertical one so I decided to use that instead just incase I destroyed any transparency or stuff with my hamfisted image editing. This worked and seemed to have some sort of logic to it which is why I didn't apply it to your theme because as you know your vertical and horizontal divider colours are both the same colour. As I said after hours of messing about it's the only way I can get your theme working but I don't understand why. So (finally you all say lol) are the 3 edits I made to styles.xml...

1 - adding the 5th 'item name' line to the Theme.ExpandedMenu part (the edit I had posted yesterday)

2 - removed .Menu from the listViewStyle line in the Theme.ExpandedMenu part (this was the edit I'd forgotten to post yesterday)

3 - changed the horizontalDivider line in the Theme.IconMenu part, made sense in my theme, doesn't for yours but seems to be needed! I'm pretty zonked out atm perhaps I'm missing something here I just don't know.

<style name="Theme.IconMenu" parent="@style/Theme">

<item name="itemTextAppearance">@style/TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item</item>

<item name="horizontalDivider">@drawable/divider_horizontal_dark_opaque</item>

<item name="verticalDivider">@drawable/divider_vertical_dark</item>

<item name="itemIconDisabledAlpha">?disabledAlpha</item>

<item name="moreIcon">@drawable/ic_menu_more</item>

</style>

<item name="listViewStyle">@style/Widget.ListView</item>

</style>