StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest the_didge

I will try to update this post often to have the answers tot he most common questions.

If you want to add anything just PM ME

COMMON QUESTIONS

What is the stock/previous DPI settings? - It was previously set to 160 DPI, if you do not select an option (120/140 etc...) it will default to 160 DPI

I cant create a folder called android as theres already one called Android - Dont worry, just create a folder called streakdroid within this folder and place your install.cfg within.

Im having audio issues after selecting volboost as an install option - Steve has reported that there are currently issues with volboost, please reflash without that option.

Im getting some freezing/glitching on the UI/games/applications - lower your max CPU speed in setCPU - it is not recommended to to be have it set to maximum.

I cant record 720p videos longer than 30 seconds - Wipe your Dalvik-cache through Terminal then reboot

Thanks to everyone who has helped provide answers to the questions on this forum, and a MASSIVE thanks to steve for the ROM

Edited by the_didge

Guest the_didge

Steve, feel free to ask me to remove if you wish...

When reporting an issue first search through the topic to see if it has been mentioned before, if not please copy the template below when reporting any issues to steve:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Rom : 1.6.0

Previous Rom : 1.5.4

Did you wipe the device during the upgrade : Yes/No

Current Baseband :

Install Options : Include install.cfg if possible or list here

Issue Related to : Application/System/Boot etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue:

Edited by the_didge

Guest LorD CLockaN

Can I update without any additional install options??

I like the way it is..

no launchers... I use adw ex..

BTW wasn't the default density 160??

If I don't set density 160 in install.cfg will it update with 160dpi density?? I don't want to use any other...

Guest the_didge

I like my density at 130 :P wheres the option for that :D

THAT BIOS BOOT IS AMAZING.............

DOS FTW

Edited by the_didge

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this new update.

I have 3 quick questions before installing:

1. I was very happy with the default LCD settings of 1.5.3. What should I choose on 1.6.0 for the same settings ?

2. Is there a new tun.ko for this update ?

3. I don't want to loose my Launcher Pro plus ; so I will choose default launcher (Gingerbread launcher). I assume my currently installed Launcher Pro plus will be kept. Correct ?

Guest anthscorner

If you can't change the case using file explorer or astro etc. Connect to your PC and enable USB storage, you can edit the folder (f2) to make it lower case. ;-)

Guest Stephen Hyde

launcher pro should be kept no garuntee.

tun.ko is part of the rom - see op

VPN USERS: TUN.KO IS INCLUDED IN THE ROM ALREADY - LOOK IN /SYSTEM/LIB/MODULES

if you dont set a config it will do standard install, if you dont set density you get 160 by default

Guest LorD CLockaN
if you dont set a config it will do standard install, if you dont set density you get 160 by default

ALLRIGHT!!!

updating now!!!

edit:

what are default apps installed?? If we chose noapps what do we lose??

quick reply please :D

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest madd_dog
Hi Steve,

Thanks for this new update.

I have 3 quick questions before installing:

1. I was very happy with the default LCD settings of 1.5.3. What should I choose on 1.6.0 for the same settings ?

2. Is there a new tun.ko for this update ?

3. I don't want to loose my Launcher Pro plus ; so I will choose default launcher (Gingerbread launcher). I assume my currently installed Launcher Pro plus will be kept. Correct ?

1. )you can get your build.prop by doing this:

adb pull /system/build.prop

edit using any editor like notepad

And I believe it was 160. (i updated it to 180)

3. ) You are right. I did the same, and launcher was not replaced.

Guest madd_dog

Steve,

In the US build .prop you missed one property -

ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy SHOULD BE MM-dd-yyyy...

Not that affects anyone, but just thought I will mention it

Awesome build!

Edited by madd_dog

Guest adzman808

just when you think that Steve has taken froyo as far as it can go, he pulls the big guns outta the bag

fantastic installation idea,

in the time its taken me to pretty much learn how to do all this myself (as post flash tasks to whatever rom i'm running) then Steve automates it all :D

/me sits back and watches to see if anyone notices the kernel tweaks yet, in their excitement... :D

edit:

Ooh 10 posts away from a thousand

Edited by fards