Help Me Please!! :( I Need To Remove ClockWork Recovery on My Orange San Francisco

Guest Habstaz

Guest Habstaz

Hi,

I have a TFT Orange San Francisco and currently have unlocked and installed both ClockWork Recovery Mod and a custom Orange ROM after having a de branded rom installed.

Now that I have the custom orange rom back, installed, I want to remove the ClockWork Recovery thing off the phone.

Can someone please provide me step by step guides to doing this please...(REMOVING CLOCKWORK RECOVERY OFF THE PHONE) I need to have this done before tomorrow, thanks :D

Guest Swimmerboy
Hi,

I have a TFT Orange San Francisco and currently have unlocked and installed both ClockWork Recovery Mod and a custom Orange ROM after having a de branded rom installed.

Now that I have the custom orange rom back, installed, I want to remove the ClockWork Recovery thing off the phone.

Can someone please provide me step by step guides to doing this please...(REMOVING CLOCKWORK RECOVERY OFF THE PHONE) I need to have this done before tomorrow, thanks :D

If there's a stock recovery image you can just flash that via recovery. Is there any reason you need this done? I'd prefer to keep it in case you want to flash an upgrade. It doesnt do anything to the system performance wise, just gives recovery options.

• 1 month later...
Guest whatsupduck
Bah, beaten to it! :huh:

How do i put the original recovery back on i need to return my phone i backed up my phone before custom rom so have the orange one on atm but still have the custom recovery how do i remove it/replace with original thanks !

Guest whatsupduck
How do i put the original recovery back on i need to return my phone i backed up my phone before custom rom so have the orange one on atm but still have the custom recovery how do i remove it/replace with original thanks !

This forum never replys to any thing i ask :(

Guest Swimmerboy
This forum never replys to any thing i ask :(

Perhaps cause you're asking the same question as the OP and it's already been answered above?

Guest whatsupduck
Perhaps cause you're asking the same question as the OP and it's already been answered above?

I still don't see a link to the original recovery image though ..... that works ? and is it actually the original

Thanks i need to take it back to argos as the speaker doesn't work.

Guest whatsupduck
I have orange rom on, i have b08 not b10

I just want the b08 recovery image so i can flash it back to stock thats all.I think i have the recovery.img file now but it was a direct link to download and no md5sum checker code .....

Thanks though for the post

Guest whatsupduck
as long as it's orange firmware are they really going to care it's a newer release?

I am not sure, i have the rom anyway as i made a back up with clockwork before putting new rom on, i have flashed recovery.img and when i hold volume down and turn on all i get is a picture about 2.5cm by 3.5cm which is grey and says ftm is this correct ?

How do i reboot ?

Right i just did a factory reset on the phone and it went bluish and then took a while to start up again.WHen i go into recovery mode it flashes blue with the above picture then i need to remove battery to turn the phone back on is this correct ?

i just need a like to prove i have correct recovery image installed ? either a youtube video showing a phone going in to recovery from out of the box or images with confirmation ?

It would make a difference as they would no it was played with if they ever bothered to look .....

Thanks

Edited by whatsupduck

Guest whatsupduck
I am not sure, i have the rom anyway as i made a back up with clockwork before putting new rom on, i have flashed recovery.img and when i hold volume down and turn on all i get is a picture about 2.5cm by 3.5cm which is grey and says ftm is this correct ?

How do i reboot ?

Right i just did a factory reset on the phone and it went bluish and then took a while to start up again.WHen i go into recovery mode it flashes blue with the above picture then i need to remove battery to turn the phone back on is this correct ?

i just need a like to prove i have correct recovery image installed ? either a youtube video showing a phone going in to recovery from out of the box or images with confirmation ?

It would make a difference as they would no it was played with if they ever bothered to look .....

Thanks

Bump really need info as i need to return tomorrow thanks

Guest Swimmerboy
Bump really need info as i need to return tomorrow thanks

There isn't a recovery console like Clockwork by default. From memory you're just presented with a graphic of some description (Not the green android iirc but something else?) Provided it's not going into clockwork when you hold down the Vol [-] button when booting, and is booting up to the Orange firmware when no buttons are held I thnk your job's done.

To be honest I'd put a great deal of money of them nodding, stamping the receipt and handing over a new one without looking at it for more than 20 seconds though :(

Guest whatsupduck
There isn't a recovery console like Clockwork by default. From memory you're just presented with a graphic of some description (Not the green android iirc but something else?) Provided it's not going into clockwork when you hold down the Vol [-] button when booting, and is booting up to the Orange firmware when no buttons are held I thnk your job's done.

To be honest I'd put a great deal of money of them nodding, stamping the receipt and handing over a new one without looking at it for more than 20 seconds though :(

Thanks for the reply swimmerboy i brought it dec 29th so its past the 30 days but within the 12 months warrenty. I did also notice a couple of dead pixels or dirt under the screen als well. What do you think they will do if there is no stock. Thats correct there is no CW recovery just what i mentioned earlier from the recovery.img i found though linking in other threads. 2.2cmx3.5cm ish grey image with 3 letters which does seem to go bluish for a second but i can't find a clear recovery image for whats on the stock but i didn't need to do the rom as i had a back up of the original before i put sebs r-8 on

Thanks for your time

Guest whatsupduck
Thanks for the reply swimmerboy i brought it dec 29th so its past the 30 days but within the 12 months warrenty. I did also notice a couple of dead pixels or dirt under the screen als well. What do you think they will do if there is no stock. Thats correct there is no CW recovery just what i mentioned earlier from the recovery.img i found though linking in other threads. 2.2cmx3.5cm ish grey image with 3 letters which does seem to go bluish for a second but i can't find a clear recovery image for whats on the stock but i didn't need to do the rom as i had a back up of the original before i put sebs r-8 on

Thanks for your time

Just a little update, took it back to argos,they never even checked it. They wouldn't replace it there and then as it was after 30 days.They have taken it from me for repair.I also mentioned the trapped dust and the 3-5 dead pizels i have on the right side up the screen. I am hoping they repair the speaker but i am not expecting them to fix either tbh as i rekon the repairer will no i flashed it as they will no the stock recovery ?

I should still get my phone back if they don't repair ? They say it will take upto 16 working days.

Thanks for the help swimmerboy anyway but i rekon i will just look like a idiot when i go to collect my phone after they turn it down for repair :(

Guest The Soup Thief
Just a little update, took it back to argos,they never even checked it. They wouldn't replace it there and then as it was after 30 days.They have taken it from me for repair.I also mentioned the trapped dust and the 3-5 dead pizels i have on the right side up the screen. I am hoping they repair the speaker but i am not expecting them to fix either tbh as i rekon the repairer will no i flashed it as they will no the stock recovery ?

I should still get my phone back if they don't repair ? They say it will take upto 16 working days.

Thanks for the help swimmerboy anyway but i rekon i will just look like a idiot when i go to collect my phone after they turn it down for repair :(

Hope it goes ok - do report back on what happens - would be useful to know as people have often asked about this kind of thing

Guest whatsupduck
Hope it goes ok - do report back on what happens - would be useful to know as people have often asked about this kind of thing

Sure,that would be no problem.Within 3 weeks i hope. I am unsure what will happen. WIll post when i have my phone back either way.

• 1 month later...
Guest whatsupduck
Sure,that would be no problem.Within 3 weeks i hope. I am unsure what will happen. WIll post when i have my phone back either way.

A little late of a reply, they fixed it. At least it was free as it was kind of my fault. Argos arn't as bad as i thought :mellow: