[GUIDE] Ubuntu and the Blade

Guest fonix232

Guest t0mm13b

IT would be easier to do it this way

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1353", MODE="0666", GROUP="androiddev" #Normal Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1351", MODE="0666", GROUP="androiddev" #Debug Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1354", MODE="0666", GROUP="androiddev" #Recovery Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", GROUP="androiddev" #Fastboot Blade
Add your user id to the androiddev group
usermod user_id -G androiddev

and you can access the adb..... :mellow:

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Len Ash

I used your own guide a while ago with good effect everything worked fine - I'm not sure what you are suggesting above

Maybe I'm being thick!

Guest t0mm13b
I used your own guide a while ago with good effect everything worked fine - I'm not sure what you are suggesting above

Maybe I'm being thick!

Okay, suppose your user id to login to the linux box is foobar

then

usermod foobar -G androiddev will add foobar to be a member of the group called androiddev.

Make sense?

Guest Len Ash
Okay, suppose your user id to login to the linux box is foobar

then

usermod foobar -G androiddev will add foobar to be a member of the group called androiddev.

Make sense?

Yep - I thought you were referring to a repo at first!

Cheers - just burning F14 to try Live

Guest glossywhite

Typical geeks - over complicating everything with people popping up and suggestion 10 diff ways to get a simple task done.

Will d/l and try. Cheers... my boot image splitting has ceased for a while now... Ubuntu and the A SDK seem to be sorry bedfellows. 9.04 is OK.

Really? Maybe you're doing something wrong, as I have ADB/Android SDK/Eclipse working flawlessly on Ubuntu 11.04 amd-64.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest t0mm13b
Typical geeks - over complicating everything with people popping up and suggestion 10 diff ways to get a simple task done.

Really? Maybe you're doing something wrong, as I have ADB/Android SDK/Eclipse working flawlessly on Ubuntu 11.04 amd-64.

@glossywhite - you claim to be the ubuntu hacker.... nuff said! :mellow:

Guest Len Ash

Had another punt with 10.10 - now getting somewhere.

Just stuck at mkbootimg now. Will post terminal dump shortly for analysis. Or ridicule. Can't believe how much of this I've forgotten already.

lance@lance-P67A-UD3-B3:~/bin$ mkbootimg –base 0x2600000 –cmdline 'no_console_suspend=1 console=null' –kernel boot.img-kernel –ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz -o boot.img

usage: mkbootimg

--kernel <filename>

--ramdisk <filename>

[ --second <2ndbootloader-filename> ]

[ --cmdline <kernel-commandline> ]

[ --board <boardname> ]

[ --base <address> ]

-o|--output <filename>

Gen 2 base address...

Sorted - should be --

Edited by Len Ash

Guest glossywhite

That doesn't even make any sense. I've stated it WORKS, not that it doesn't work. If you guys can't make it work, then surely I'm not the one to be mocking.

Guest Len Ash
Sorted - should be --

So split and rebuilt the Gen 2 SS5 boot image, flashed it and it worked using the Gen 2 address offset. Bien.

Tried the same with FLB for the criek, no boot. So apart from the 2 RIL libs and the address offset, what else do I need to amend? Signing???

Edited by Len Ash

Guest t0mm13b
That doesn't even make any sense. I've stated it WORKS, not that it doesn't work. If you guys can't make it work, then surely I'm not the one to be mocking.

Uhhh... let me remind you of the posting of the thread that you made here...

so you state "it WORKS", with-out a single bit of so called "hacking"....

ppppfffft ... nuff said... :mellow:

Guest Len Ash
I don't think creating a bootimg relates to getting ADB up and running under Ubuntu :o

True - but all sorted now.

Just wish folk would type correctly in the first place. :mellow:

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Phoenix Silver
Nice guide...thanks.

Had a look at Ubuntu 11.04 yesterday....YUK!

i don't like gnome shell

i keep gnome 2.32

you can choose at login which interface you prefer Trashman

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest angelfish-IT

--- [sOLVED] ---

Finally I did it. I followed the google guide http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html (but kept to the 4 lines and name of 11-android.rules basically instead of OWNER="mark" I put GROUP="plugdev") restarted udev and stop started adb

adb kill-server

adb start-server

adb devices

And now udev + eclippse recognises my device properly.

Yeah! I'm having a if at first you don't succeed moment here!

-----------

Hi,

I have followed these instructions to the letter with no luck. I tried adding the line to the .bashrc file but it does not recognise the android command but this is not my concern really. My real issue is I am trying to use eclipse to develop android apps and when I go to debug an app on my ZTE Blade I get this screen. I am fairly sure it is a udev problem.

eclipseUdevProb.png

I have tried for about 5 hours to get this working on and off over the past few days it is really getting to me now.

If anybody can help my with this I would much appreciate it.

Thanks to gloss white for pointing out that the UK ZTE Blade has a different idProduct tried this but still doesn't work.

Here are the latest steps I have taken though have tried all other methods mentioned and rebooted many times:

1. Created a file in /etc/udev/rules.d/ called 11-android.rules which looks like the following:

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1353", MODE="0666" OWNER="mark" #Normal Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1350", MODE="0666" OWNER="mark" #Debug Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1354", MODE="0666" OWNER="mark" #Recovery Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666" OWNER="mark" #Fastboot Blade

2. Restarted udev ($sudo restart udev)

PS. Android official site has info on this and idVendor list link here http://developer.and...ing/device.html

Edited by angelfish-IT

• 2 months later...