Creating new rom help

Guest sebbo90

Guest sebbo90

Right thought I would start fo simple and just try editing around with one of the pro-built ones, in this case flb. At first just deleted the touchpal.apk. I did this by unzipping the flb-froyo-blade-r6.zip, then deleting the said .apk. I then zipped it back up under the same name.

However when I go into clockwork to flash I get this error:

Opening update package...

E:opening /res/keys No such file or directory

E:Failed to load keys

Installation aborted

Can someone be so kind as to tell me why?

Edited by sebbo90

Right thought I would start fo simple and just try editing around with one of the pro-built ones, in this case flb. At first just deleted the touchpal.apk. I did this by unzipping the flb-froyo-blade-r6.zip, then deleting the said .apk. I then zipped it back up under the same name.

However when I go into clockwork to flash I get this error:

Opening update package...

E:opening /res/keys No such file or directory

E:Failed to load keys

Installation aborted

Can someone be so kind as to tell me why?

When editing a current ROM please pay attention to the manifest listing and the Base64 encoded SHA-1 hash listing, you may need to remove the entry for this apk

Guest sebbo90

When i look in the meta-inf folder. I can only find a directory which is com/google/android and contains the following files: updater-script and update binary

• 5 years later...
Guest acaciosc

For those who may be wondering how to get rid of the "E:Failed to load keys" error feedback, just disable the key verification through "toggle signature verification", in "advanced" via Recovery Mode. Sorry for replying an old topic, but in my opinion it's for a great reason.