Ubuntu & Android merging

Guest arashtarafar

Guest arashtarafar

NEWS:I've splitted OXIIGEN into 11 file that can be uploaded easier.

I've uploaded 6 parts till now and am going to finish that in one day.

The new links will be put in the SECOND page of my website.

to those who have waited for days:Thank you very much for your patience It'll be on the web tomorrow... ;)

NEWS:I've splitted OXIIGEN into 11 file that can be uploaded easier.

I've uploaded 6 parts till now and am going to finish that in one day.

The new links will be put in the SECOND page of my website.

to those who have waited for days:Thank you very much for your patience It'll be on the web tomorrow... ;)

Is this some kind of a bad taste joke?

Guest arashtarafar
Is this some kind of a bad taste joke?

No.it's no joke...

you can go to www.omnia2geek.co.cc the second page and there are download links.

because of the user's problems with 4shared all the links are to rapidshare...

now did you believe that's no joke?

you can tell me that if some of the links are broken...I'll fix it...

Guest arashtarafar

NEWS:

after all OXIIGEN is put on the web and the download links are in my site the second page.

Note that you must download all the 11 parts!

Guest Pirog87
NEWS:

after all OXIIGEN is put on the web and the download links are in my site the second page.

Note that you must download all the 11 parts!

OK, but the links 7-11 on your official website are inactive. Please refresh the links.

Guest arashtarafar
links 7-11 on your official website are inactive. Please refresh the links.

I'm currently uploading those parts.at the time uploading part 7 is 44% complete...

even with ADSL line the internet speed in Iran isn't such high...

Guest arashtarafar

All the download links are activated and you can download all 11 parts.

after download if you have 7zip tyr extracting the first part.if they didn't extract to the last part you can join them into 1 file by usin HJSplit that is attached in this post.

all the rights of this freeware belong to Freebyte.

hjsplit.zip

Guest arashtarafar
thanks for sharing!! downloading it now..

quick question, have you lost your my storage before when booting rootfs from there??

No. My Storage is successfully detected!

when tested send feedback...

Guest CalvinH

Great.

Come on guys, it's not so hard. I have DL it from 4shared with my ridiculous internet connection.

Those of you that ask for screenshots just navigate to the main page that arashtarafar has posted several times and you can see some screen shots there (www.omnia2geek.co.cc).

About my tests, the first two ones ended with kernel panic (rootfs in My Memory-root, rest of files in SD-root). Then I renamed the rootfs file with WM File Explorer (it was all uppercase, I changed it to all lowercase) and everything went ok.

Instead of using my fingers, the las time I booted I used a pointer, and it helps a lot. It works like a charm, and ubuntu desktop is on my phone!

Thank you very much. Now I have to go, but I will test it more throughly this night.

Regards.

PS. I have been following modaco for a long time and have read some pretty famous threads (e.g., a 120 page one on android that ended not so well). On that android thread people asked for a beta. No one was published and people got mad. Now we have everything right here and people ask for screenshots, ask for mirros, and don't even bother opening the project web page. Sorry for this, I hope people don't get mad on me for saying this. I am just trying to say that we have everything here, it works, come on, try and tell the OP what you think of it.

Guest problematika

@CalvinH

My friend I follow that famous thread about Android on omnia 2 since it began. Im not here to push something, just wanna to see that, to hear something about it, something from first hand. ;) And this is a thread about android on omnia 2, so I just thinked that could be great that some video is uploaded here. I am just a consumer, and try to improve my phone. No hard feelings! :) Cheers! :D

Edited by problematika

Guest AndréLopez

Agree.

But I have a problem, the project page doesn't open here. Don't know why.

I'm in Brazil.

Any tips??

Thanks.

Great.

Come on guys, it's not so hard. I have DL it from 4shared with my ridiculous internet connection.

Those of you that ask for screenshots just navigate to the main page that arashtarafar has posted several times and you can see some screen shots there (www.omnia2geek.co.cc).

About my tests, the first two ones ended with kernel panic (rootfs in My Memory-root, rest of files in SD-root). Then I renamed the rootfs file with WM File Explorer (it was all uppercase, I changed it to all lowercase) and everything went ok.

Instead of using my fingers, the las time I booted I used a pointer, and it helps a lot. It works like a charm, and ubuntu desktop is on my phone!

Thank you very much. Now I have to go, but I will test it more throughly this night.

Regards.

PS. I have been following modaco for a long time and have read some pretty famous threads (e.g., a 120 page one on android that ended not so well). On that android thread people asked for a beta. No one was published and people got mad. Now we have everything right here and people ask for screenshots, ask for mirros, and don't even bother opening the project web page. Sorry for this, I hope people don't get mad on me for saying this. I am just trying to say that we have everything here, it works, come on, try and tell the OP what you think of it.

Guest rumucor
Agree.

But I have a problem, the project page doesn't open here. Don't know why.

I'm in Brazil.

Any tips??

Thanks.

I have the same problem. i'm from spain

@AndréLopez and @rumucor: I had the same problem when I tried to open that webpage.

However I managed to find a workaround by using some online proxy, like this one (or any other should do the trick):

http://zend2.com/

Guest arashtarafar

I'll see if I can make phone and other features work...

hey.I want to know your opinion on this:is it better to put taskbar on top or bottom(which one is easier to use?)

some tricks:

1.you can launch KVkbd from menu->accessories and after then from tasbar

2.for professionals:you can work with your terminal as you work with a pc terminal.it accepts all commands that ubuntu pc edition does ;)

Guest AndréLopez
@AndréLopez and @rumucor: I had the same problem when I tried to open that webpage.

However I managed to find a workaround by using some online proxy, like this one (or any other should do the trick):

http://zend2.com/

It worked!

Thanks!

Guest CalvinH
@CalvinH

My friend I follow that famous thread about Android on omnia 2 since it began. Im not here to push something, just wanna to see that, to hear something about it, something from first hand. ;) And this is a thread about android on omnia 2, so I just thinked that could be great that some video is uploaded here. I am just a consumer, and try to improve my phone. No hard feelings! :) Cheers! :D

Thanks for your response. Sorry if my post sounded a little harsh.

If the OP thinks it's ok i have no problem recording a low quality vid and posting it on putting it on megaupload or rapidshare or whatever so anyone can see what it is like. Maybe I could even attach here, if it is not so big.

About Ubuntu, I have kept testing it, and nothing special to add. The only thing I have seen is that sometimes I get a kernel panic - 30 s reboot. After the reboot, if I try again, everything goes ok. I guess maybe constantly using WM makes thin a little harder.

Regards.

Guest CalvinH
I'll see if I can make phone and other features work...

hey.I want to know your opinion on this:is it better to put taskbar on top or bottom(which one is easier to use?)

some tricks:

1.you can launch KVkbd from menu->accessories and after then from tasbar

2.for professionals:you can work with your terminal as you work with a pc terminal.it accepts all commands that ubuntu pc edition does ;)

Hi arashtarafar!

I installed everything and had no problems. The only thing that I found strange is not having a shortcut for the keyboard. I downloaded at home kvkbd, installed it and then transfered the binaries to the O2, so I could use it on the phone.

Now I see that you comment about the shortcut in Menu-Accessories, but I don't have it. I am telling you because a keyboard is absolutley neccessary, and people may have some problems doing what I did if they don't have ubuntu on their PC. Maybe you could check it.

Regards.

Guest arashtarafar
A keyboard is absolutley neccessary, and people may have some problems doing what I did if they don't have ubuntu on their PC. Maybe you could check it.

OK...I'll check it.for the kernel panic again I note that:you must set cpu mode to Auto...