OrangeSanFrancisco.co.uk - UPDATED June 2013

Guest Phoenix Silver
Really good guide but i need some help.

I followed the guide, but my phone will not boot into recovery mode when i hold volume down and turn back on.

Any ideas?

have you a new b10 phone ?

seems to be a problem with these phones

Really good guide but i need some help.

I followed the guide, but my phone will not boot into recovery mode when i hold volume down and turn back on.

Any ideas?

Follow Page 3 again. After you have finished, reopen Recovery Manager, Click the "Recovery" tab and tap "Reboot into recovery" then "Ok".

Edited by Guest

Guest adri2524

i have reverted to orange stock rom, i dont no wat vers screen ie tft oled i have but installed Orange San Francisco Stock OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 6 Dec 2010 Eclair Android 2.1 OLED + TFT can anyone point me to a list showing wat applications and howmany are suppose to be on the orange stock rom just so i can make sure under the orange warranty that i have the correct stock rom with all the correct apps. ta.

Also has anyone else been able to get a 16gb sdhc class 4 card to work with any roms custom or otherwise as my card does not work with Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9 or OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 6 Dec 2010 Eclair Android. and it does work with my android pulse so its not damaged!

Guest IronDoc
i have reverted to orange stock rom, i dont no wat vers screen ie tft oled i have but installed Orange San Francisco Stock OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 6 Dec 2010 Eclair Android 2.1 OLED + TFT can anyone point me to a list showing wat applications and howmany are suppose to be on the orange stock rom just so i can make sure under the orange warranty that i have the correct stock rom with all the correct apps. ta.

Also has anyone else been able to get a 16gb sdhc class 4 card to work with any roms custom or otherwise as my card does not work with Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9 or OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 6 Dec 2010 Eclair Android. and it does work with my android pulse so its not damaged!

16GB cards are hit and miss. There's another thread about it.

Guest smithy1983
Updated to 3.0.0.6 and the MD5 info and pics. I held off updating for a while as 2.5.1.8 worked with most ROMs. All the new ROMs work with 3.0.0.6 now.

Used the guide and it installed CW 3.0.0.6, I then used the JJ RLS9 Rom, and all is good, But clockwork wont let me install the Addon zips (HW Acel,OC Bus) in now. Said not supported now or summit?

Used the guide and it installed CW 3.0.0.6, I then used the JJ RLS9 Rom, and all is good, But clockwork wont let me install the Addon zips (HW Acel,OC Bus) in now. Said not supported now or summit?

Some old addons don't work with the new ClockworkMod Recovery. Install ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8 and they should work.

Guest smithy1983
Some old addons don't work with the new ClockworkMod Recovery. Install ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8 and they should work.

how do I install that file? from clockwork?

Guest kracatoa

Hi, I keep getting the following message "The application Recovery Manager (process com.podtwo.RecoveryManager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have unlocked, and have rooted several times and still get the same, I would be very grateful if some one could advise me further, thank you.

Orange San Francisco

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Guest littlemouse

Sorry don`t know where to post this.

Just wandered if someone could help me.

I followed the guide on your site to point installclockwork no: 32 when it said the trouble shooting bit ( althought I have noticed that it was recoveryM.1apk.

rather than recoveryM.apk. did it make a difference)

I uninstalled the recovery manager and eventually finished with a screan Recovery manager Sebastian404 and android webb underneath.

Have I done it right? When I tap on that it goes to Android stuff Rom for the orange , custom recovery for orange , romdump.

I am totaly not techie so now worried to touch it.

I would really appriciate any advice what to do next, please.

Guest ronc2000

Why all of a sudden comments on the site are linked to personal facebooK?

Surely posters were not aware of that?

Can the site do that?

I think it cannot.

As no one has to register or agree to any terms.

Edited by ronc2000

Guest simon2010

vTXGf.jpg

http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk

Hey guys, I've had the Orange San Francisco for about 2 months now and I love the phone and the community here. When I first started my journey to Custom ROMs, rooting, customization and so on, I was left puzzled and confused, especially since this was my first Android phone. The fact that the biggest site dedicated to the phone was a forum didn't help either, with information scattered all over the place. Finding information I wanted to know was a struggle in itself.

So a few weeks I decided to create my own website in order to help those who are new to Android or the Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade. Not a forum, simply a website with tutorials, guides and tips presented in an organised fashion. I spent many hours creating the content for my site, and plan to put many more hours in.

Here is a complete, noob and beginner friendly guide on how to install Custom ROMs from scratch. Also included is a nifty little one click install for ClockworkRecovery Mod, which can be found on page 3 (one click currently for Windows only).

There are plenty of other guides and tutorials, including a list of ROMs organised by the last release date.

I will be adding more guides, tutorials, tips and articles throughout the following weeks. If you have any suggestions or would like to contribute, just give me a message :(

Guest simon2010

vTXGf.jpg

Hey guys, I've had the Orange San Francisco for about 2 months now and I love the phone and the community here. When I first started my journey to Custom ROMs, rooting, customization and so on, I was left puzzled and confused, especially since this was my first Android phone. The fact that the biggest site dedicated to the phone was a forum didn't help either, with information scattered all over the place. Finding information I wanted to know was a struggle in itself.

So a few weeks I decided to create my own website in order to help those who are new to Android or the Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade. Not a forum, simply a website with tutorials, guides and tips presented in an organised fashion. I spent many hours creating the content for my site, and plan to put many more hours in.

Here is a complete, noob and beginner friendly guide on how to install Custom ROMs from scratch. Also included is a nifty little one click install for ClockworkRecovery Mod, which can be found on page 3 (one click currently for Windows only).

There are plenty of other guides and tutorials, including a list of ROMs organised by the last release date.

I will be adding more guides, tutorials, tips and articles throughout the following weeks. If you have any suggestions or would like to contribute, just give me a message :(

desperate for help

followed to last section, no problems

but step 32 cannot complete, get same error message time & time again and have "killed, un-installed, re-installed"

Guest hollydad

Hi I am trying to use your guide on http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/

I have a new Sanfran does it matter which kind to use this guide? ( I know nothing about phones I'm doing this for my daughter.)

I got the first part Rooting done in seconds. Tried the next part but the file doesn't download. ES File explorer "starting download" but it never downloads just stays on "starting download" Does this link still work?

Thanks

Guest ronc2000

I have a new Sanfran does it matter which kind to use this guide? ( I know nothing about phones I'm doing this for my daughter.)

I got the first part Rooting done in seconds. Tried the next part but the file doesn't download. ES File explorer "starting download" but it never downloads just stays on "starting download" Does this link still work?

Thanks

Is your ingternet connection OK?

Connected to wifi?

Guest flickflack

Thanks

Why don'nt you use this guide http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/

The orangesanfran site guide is a little less daunting to newbs like myself.

@hollydad - If you are still having problems downloading ES file explorer, try ASTRO File Manager (also free from the market) which will do the same thing.

It's not so much being able to get free apps, as ridding the phone of the bundled Orange rubbish, which speeds up the response times of the phone and allows you to download apps that you (your daughter) prefer to use.

Guest Fou-lu
Thanks lads for the help. Before I carry on can someone tell me what I gain from doing this? Does she get free Apps?

RONC yes m8 I can connect to the internet. Just cant download this for some reason. I got the root bit no probs.

hey, easier to use "astro file manager" it can check MD5 too, without having to install another app just to check it.

froyo will increase everything so frickin fast it will feel like a different phone, FLB-10 and mcr12 are the most useable roms around..

@beggin, rom list still stays FLB 6 and MCR8 both were updated months ago and are better than jj9, links to recovery manager and clockwork are also old versions

Edited by Fou-lu