[APP] Recovery Manager v0.36 [BETA]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Maybe you could offer the user to see the generated md5 - so they can compare it the one on a webpage etc...

I was actually thinking about your other idea.. of checking for a an .md5 file and checking it when it tried to install... but yeah I could do both... add it to the list

Guest StevenHarperUK

The new/updated Guide here is now based (for new users) on this APP, well done Sebastian.

Edit: Looks like I may beat you to 1,000 posts ;)

Guest Sebastian404

I've also just updated the recovery and firmware database, so you guys might want to give the On-line check a go...

Thanks to Mr Harpers Efforts I've added more of the Jellyfish Firmware, so it should be detected..

I've spent a while finding and downloading 3rd party Firmware, so hopefully expect another update tomorrow...

Guest StevenHarperUK
I've also just updated the recovery and firmware database, so you guys might want to give the On-line check a go...

Thanks to Mr Harpers Efforts I've added more of the Jellyfish Firmware, so it should be detected..

I've spent a while finding and downloading 3rd party Firmware, so hopefully expect another update tomorrow...

Just to clarify - in the Firmware TAB , click Check For Firmware Updates

This downloads the latest list - then you should see any new detections

BTW Jellyfish RLS7_hw_ui works perfectly

Guest Sebastian404
Just to clarify - in the Firmware TAB , click Check For Firmware Updates

This downloads the latest list - then you should see any new detections

BTW Jellyfish RLS7_hw_ui works perfectly

and in the Recovery TAB too... there's a new version of RA-Recovery fresh off the press...

Guest StevenHarperUK
and in the Recovery TAB too... there's a new version of RA-Recovery fresh off the press...

Are the functions from within this app - being passed into RA and getting done - like install ROM, Backup etc?

Guest Sebastian404
Are the functions from within this app - being passed into RA and getting done - like install ROM, Backup etc?

I was hoping that 2.2.1 would open that up, but unfortunately not

I could hack some of that into RA_recovery.. but then it would not be RA_recovery any-more...

I am in my 'spare' spare time working on my own recovery... but that's really low down the list... probably be months before that's done...

Edited by Sebastian404

Thank you so much for this. Finally we can eliminate the USB trouble with fastboot!

edit: One suggestion. How about a feature to verify or view the md5 for the recovery image?

Edited by Guest

Guest buneech

• My Currently Installed recovery is not recognized

This could be because you are using an older version, it was flashed to the recovery partition incorrectly, download the most
    and install it.

Yesterday i tried Recovery Manager with your build of clockwork mod 2.5.1.8, today i switched to RA Recovery 2.2.1, and neither got recognised on my phone.

I use KK's JapJelly RLS7, and have an OLED UK Blade.

Edited by buneech

Guest Monstrum
Well, this is a combination of my annoyance at seeing people having problems installing ClockworkMod Recovery, and a strange desire to write an Android Application....

It's been 10 LONG years since I last did any JAVA and while bits of it have come flooding back (mostly the pain,suffering and late nights at university trying to get Elevators to go up and down on screen)... I sort of enjoyed the whole process... yes I am CRAZY

I've tested it to death as much as I can, but I'm sure you guys can find lots more problems with it...

It is an open Beta, so I'm open to your comments/complaints/compliments....

I would like to expand on this to encompass more things.. I've build the framework so it will one day support other devices than the ZTE Blade... and who knows where we might end up.....

This is a BETA, so I expect lots of problems... so in the words of my C++ Lecturer... go on, screw this up then...

Hi i tried Recovery Manager with your build of clockwork mod 2.5.1.8 and it hangs at the install recovery popup. How long does it usually take to install?

Guest vareBlade

Its probably cause its not implemented yet. This is a beta so things like that might happen

Btw seb, i think it could be a great idea to implement a "themes" tab in there so we can get a better themes support. (yes when im done with my exams i will most probably make 2-3 themes xD)

(And depending on your firmware it will show which themes are available for download)

Frankish where are you man, i need your back for this ;)

Edited by vareBlade

Guest Sebastian404
Yesterday i tried Recovery Manager with your build of clockwork mod 2.5.1.8, today i switched to RA Recovery 2.2.1, and neither got recognised on my phone.

I use KK's JapJelly RLS7, and have an OLED UK Blade.

Have you done the update thing to get the latest updates?

Did you flash clockwork using fastboot or ZRM? if you use fastboot it does not fully flash the recovery image that will cause it to be unreconized by the application... try installing it from within the application

Guest Sebastian404
Hi i tried Recovery Manager with your build of clockwork mod 2.5.1.8 and it hangs at the install recovery popup. How long does it usually take to install?

It only takes about 5-10 seconds... if your still having problems try restarting your device, unfortunatly SuperUser can be a bit flakey at times

Guest leetron1

Hi Seb..on JJ RLS7 & Clockwork 2.5.1.8..doesn't recognize recovery but if I update rec says no updates for my currently installed rec!

Also doesn't recognize ROM..when I check for ROM update says current recovery has no update available...

Just teething troubles I'm sure..thought you'd appreciate some feedback.

Edited by leetron1

Guest fonix232

Seb, if you want me, I can help you with the coding, etc. I don't see why you need Python (all can be done in Java and a little shell scripting to reboot into recovery and auto-install the stuff) and I can provide you with space and unlimited bandwidth (and ofcourse with a personal FTP access).

Guest aleckxander

amazing work, i thought that TPT was the final resource, now you are proving me that i'm wrong. and it's not even wednesday; i'm wondering what's going to happen the day after tomorrow ;)

a lil' thought from me. since modaco is setting the standards about zte modding stuff; shouldn't we/you/the planet use a common glossary? not a big deal for me, but i can already see posts (i.e.) asking the difference between rom and firmwares. and again about the standard stuff: shouldn't we/you/the universe decide a standard flashing method and support it? i mean a decision like that would simplify a lot the community life, expecially those poor developers with a PM folder full of request and stuff.. probably i'm OT but the question dumped now and i'm an easy to forget netiquette guy -.-

Edited by aleckxander

Guest buneech
Have you done the update thing to get the latest updates?

Did you flash clockwork using fastboot or ZRM? if you use fastboot it does not fully flash the recovery image that will cause it to be unreconized by the application... try installing it from within the application

Yeah, did it with fastboot. I'll try from withing the app. When i click Install a Recovery from your SD card i get a list with five choices, and all are from TitaniumBackup, and all filenames start with com.blogspot.imapp.imgshudformarket2-sth.tar.gz, apk.gz and .properties. And the list isn't scrollable. Weird.

EDIT: Ohh, i see. It searches for img in filenames.

Okay, did it. Harumble! ;)

Edited by buneech

Guest Sebastian404
Yeah, did it with fastboot. I'll try from withing the app. When i click Install a Recovery from your SD card i get a list with five choices, and all are from TitaniumBackup, and all filenames start with com.blogspot.imapp.imgshudformarket2-sth.tar.gz, apk.gz and .properties. And the list isn't scrollable. Weird.

EDIT: Ohh, i see. It searches for img in filenames.

yeah it looks for files ending in .img...

What is the default path for Titanium backup? I'll exclude it from searches in the next version...

Guest vareBlade

Ok, i've tested for a bit. Not many things are actually working for me now. (i guess its beta so its normal).

Posting this, incase you need feedback.

Anyway here is my report:

-Im using the Wind Stock Rom for my Greek TFT Blade (rooted with Universal Androot 1.6.1).

-On Firmware Tab

Install Firmware will show an error popup with this text: "You need to install a custom firmware before you can install a new firmware" (which is probably normal)

Download Firmware (not implemented)

Check for Firmware updates (it doesnt work since i dont have a custom rom)

Backup Current Firmware and Restore Previous Firmware (same error as "install firmware")

-On Recovery Tab

Install Recovery. It shows a popup with only a "cancel" button and stays there for ever (i have wifi connected just in case)

Download Recovery (not implemented)

Check for Recovery Updates (No new updates found. I have flashed your latest clockworks mod through adb, so i cant see if its not working or if its checking correctly)

Reboot into Recovery. It works fine

Edited by vareBlade

Guest Sebastian404
Install Recovery. It shows a popup with only a "cancel" button and stays there for ever (i have wifi connected just in case)

Download Recovery (not implemented)

You need to download a recovery image and put it onto your SD card... it will then let you install that...

The whole download & install part is coming in a future version..

Guest dbeckett

Downloaded the app 30mins ago, installed fine but won't open. On first run i gave it root access, and it crashed instantly, everytime i try to reopen it, it crashes again.

I'm still on modaco rom 2.1 r4, tried rebooting, reinstalling it etc with no luck. Also have superuser installed, titanium backup and other root software runs fine. Just saying this for your information, it looks great and thanks for taking the time in making it, i'll be updating to 2.2 this week anyway so it'll be working for that

EDIT- I have superuser but I used fastboot so not UniversalAndroot v1.6.1... so just me being n00bish.. apologies

EDIT2- Still having same problems after using universal androot

Edited by dbeckett