[APP] Recovery Manager v0.36 [BETA]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest shmizan
The problem is when the application is installed to the /data/app/ area, if you where to install it on the /system/app/ area it will work fine.

there was a report in the CM bug tracker, its a common problem that affects lots of other apps.

I edited a ROM's zip file and put the Recovery Manager in /system/app

it doesn't help. I try to open and get FC.

Guest Sebastian404
What is the point in keeping this going when rom manager & the official versions of clockworkmod work much better?

Why bother with anything ever then?

When I started this ClockworkMod Recovery did not support the Blade, various people had asked Koush to add 'offical' support for the Blade ,Paul, I and others had published the device files to build it, but there was no moves to adding it.

Also at the time Recovery Manager had features that was not available in the regular version (ie free) of Rom Manager, Koush has since re-written ROM Manager and while I do not use CM or ROM Manager I hear that its much better than it once was

Recovery manager also works on a number of other devices, not just the blade, I've had people contact me who have used it on a wide number of devices with success.

You will also notice there has not been an application update for some time, it is more than likely due one since things have moved on somewhat..

• 1 month later...
Guest IceIceBird

The install recovery didn't work with the 0.36b verson but worked with the 0.34b version.

My phone is a blade gen2 (comviq) org rom. Just wanned to keep you all informed ;)

Edited by IceIceBird

Guest AndyRobinson

Hello all

I have tried to find the answer to my short query - without success.

Having followed the wonderful guidance in 'How To Install ClockworkModRecovery On The Orange San Francisco however, when I reached the very end when Recovery Manager ran, the first screen stated "Currently installed Recovery: Unrecognised but I carried on with the final instructions...

• Tap the Recovery tab.
  • Tap Install Recovery.
  • Tap /sdcard/download/clock.img
  • Tap OK.
  • Wait for the Installing box to disappear.
  • Done!

But the installing box never did disappear.

Will the whole process have finalised and reached its proper end? Is there anyway I can verify that.

NOW you know that you are reading a message from a total Android newbie.... sorry it it is too simplistic!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kevin50

Hi,

I am a newbie as well and have struck a similar problem to Andy. I too have been following an article "How to install a custom ROM on the ZTE Blade" by Steven Harper.

Likewise when I reach the end of the installation of the Recovery Manager the message at the bottom of the screen also states: "Currently installed Recovery: Unrecognised".

Similarly, when I install the recovery clockwork program from within Recovery Manager I also get the "Currently installed Recovery: Unrecognised" message.

As a consequence, with "Firmware" selected within the Recovery Manager, both the "Install firmware" and "Backup Current Firmware" present an error message "You need to install a custom recovery before you can backup up your Firmware."

I have tried reinstalling Recovery Manager but this made no difference, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sebastian404

Ok, I'm not sure if anyone does care about this app anymore, but I've brought it back form the dead and updated it to work with 2.3 devices..

mostly inspired to get it working on my Skate...

Happy times

Guest plegdroid

hi seb, is there any chance of a download link for this please, your wonderful piece of work allowed me to install cwm on my racer, a version that work's on 2.3 is a must.

should have known better! rule #1 if in doubt read post #1,thank you. :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

thx for creating a great tool to install recovery which gives you a platform to install custom roms easily, and now supports 2.3 thx again......

the latest recovery does not recognise any version of clockworkmod I have installed ? I running N173+ I have tried recovery 3.0.2.7 and 4.0.1.4

Edited by Guest

Guest plegdroid

the latest recovery does not recognise any version of clockworkmod I have installed ? I running N173+ I have tried recovery 3.0.2.7 and 4.0.1.4

press menu and update data base, it will then reflect which version your using:)

Guest plegdroid

Tried that,but still not recognise recovery.

try uninstall and reinstall the apk again it should show you what version you have when it first loads.

how are you installing, I extracted the apk from the zip file and installed via package installer not via rom manager.

Edited by plegdroid

try uninstall and reinstall the apk again it should show you what version you have when it first loads.

how are you installing, I extracted the apk from the zip file and installed via package installer not via rom manager.

yes,same method.

Extract with root explorer,and install with package installer.

I think I will wipe app data,uninstall and try again.

Just wondered,what version of clockworkmod do you have installed ?

Guest Sebastian404

Im still working on it but I'm hoping to have some better method of debuging soon, in the mean time, if your sure your running the latest version (0.37b) and your installed one of my recovery builds, please can you post up the content of the debug menu here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest deksman2

I'm also experiencing problems with the latest Recovery Manager.

Whatever I do, it refuses to recognize ANY CW version I install.

I updated the database and did the aforementioned procedure (everything as stated above), but nothing.

My blade is Gen2 currently running GSF b21.

Up until later this afternoon I had one of the older versions of CW installed. I think it might have been 3.0.1.4 (not sure).

Anyway, I wanted to update it, and right after installing the new CW version, the 'unrecognized' started happening as well (plus the 'unrecognized' problem was appearing even before I placed the new CWM, so it was unable to detect the outdated CW version) but the phone keeps freezing at the green android image after pressing the 'volume - ' button.

Help?

Guest plegdroid

I'm also experiencing problems with the latest Recovery Manager.

Whatever I do, it refuses to recognize ANY CW version I install.

I updated the database and did the aforementioned procedure (everything as stated above), but nothing.

My blade is Gen2 currently running GSF b21.

Up until later this afternoon I had one of the older versions of CW installed. I think it might have been 3.0.1.4 (not sure).

Anyway, I wanted to update it, and right after installing the new CW version, the 'unrecognized' started happening as well (plus the 'unrecognized' problem was appearing even before I placed the new CWM, so it was unable to detect the outdated CW version) but the phone keeps freezing at the green android image after pressing the 'volume - ' button.

Help?

hiya, have you updated from gen1 to gen2? is the version of cwm your installing gen1 or gen2? and please don't be offended by those questions :)

if all else fails and you still can't get cwm on your phone ,try rom manager or fastboot methods.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest deksman2

I'm hardly offended by the questions you asked.

:-)

Anyway, the CWM I tried to put on my mobile was Gen2.

Also, Rom Manager said it installed CWM and identified it, but the phone still managed to freeze on the Green Android icon.

I finally managed to resolve the issue by using Fastboot (I had an issue with the drivers though since I had to use 2 different sets - but in the end, I got it to work).

I now have CWM 4.0.0.5 on my blade.

I should have placed the latest one, but this one is just as good for now.

I think I will stick with the Fastboot method for now. For some reason, the Recovery and ROM Managers didn't work on my blade (granted, I hadn't tried to use ROM Manager after the ordeal, but I may later on for testing purposes).

:-)