Review of Apad Android 2.2 tablet PC--Powered by Freescale A8

Guest Keiter

Here is the review of Android Apad tablet PC--Powered by Freescale A8.

I ordered from Nowsupplier,a chinese store, for $174, but now it's only $168! Great deal. Android 2.2 Tablet

General specs. are as following:

Android 2.2 OS

Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 800Hz Chipset

32KB instruction and data caches,Unified 256KB L2 cache

512MB Ram, Built-in 4G Nand Flash

8" inch TFT LCD (Touch Panel) 800*600 (4:3)

Wireless LAN 802.11b/g,US Keyboard, USB external keyboard

Built-in touch pad, support USB Mouse

USB2.0*2, High-speed USB OTG

TF /MINI SD Card

Audio b0.5w *uild-in 2 stereo sperkers,External Microphone, 3.5mm Earphone,Built-in Monophonic Recording

100-220V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A

3600mAh battery

0.4KG (with battery pack)

The performance overall is really good. Running on it and remains very fast. Also with games (Angry birds, Speedx 3D...) and with Flash 10.1 content, I'm very satisfied at this point.

Many built-in apps,if I rooted it, so I know how to install other popular apps such as the official Android Market.

It has tf-card port, Wi-Fi, 3.5 earphones interface and a 30-pin socket(standard usb interface would be much better)used to charge the device, to connect it to the PC and other devices.

Battery lasts for almost 4 hours of continuous Internet browsing and video play, so it's Ok.

The defects would be resistive screen(capacitive would be much better) and other defaulted Chinese apps, but its worth based on the price!

If I reboot it, I believe it would work much better.

Edited by Keiter

• 4 weeks later...

Update,

Firmware for this tablet is available now. Upgraded to the latest version, 3g network would be ready on the tablet by supporting 3G dongle. so, it's would be much more powerful.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the review of Android Apad tablet PC--Powered by Freescale A8.

I ordered from Nowsupplier,a chinese store, for $174, but now it's only $168! Great deal. Android 2.2 Tablet

General specs. are as following:

Android 2.2 OS

Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 800Hz Chipset

32KB instruction and data caches,Unified 256KB L2 cache

512MB Ram, Built-in 4G Nand Flash

8" inch TFT LCD (Touch Panel) 800*600 (4:3)

Wireless LAN 802.11b/g,US Keyboard, USB external keyboard

Built-in touch pad, support USB Mouse

USB2.0*2, High-speed USB OTG

TF /MINI SD Card

Audio b0.5w *uild-in 2 stereo sperkers,External Microphone, 3.5mm Earphone,Built-in Monophonic Recording

100-220V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A

3600mAh battery

0.4KG (with battery pack)

The performance overall is really good. Running on it and remains very fast. Also with games (Angry birds, Speedx 3D...) and with Flash 10.1 content, I'm very satisfied at this point.

Many built-in apps,if I rooted it, so I know how to install other popular apps such as the official Android Market.

It has tf-card port, Wi-Fi, 3.5 earphones interface and a 30-pin socket(standard usb interface would be much better)used to charge the device, to connect it to the PC and other devices.

Battery lasts for almost 4 hours of continuous Internet browsing and video play, so it's Ok.

The defects would be resistive screen(capacitive would be much better) and other defaulted Chinese apps, but its worth based on the price!

If I reboot it, I believe it would work much better.

Hi,

Any further feedbacks about this tablet..? The 4:3 ratio and 8" format really interests me but i've seen tons of clones (of the clone itself) which have shaking screens and poor assembly quality...

What about yours ?

Thx in advance