[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest ErnstJanF

About the battery:

When NOT using 3G (/data connection) it can run about 2-3 days without having to charge!

At winmo, there was a setting to disable data connection after 2 minutes when not using the data connection. That's probably why winmo can hold out longer..

Guest ydnarp

i used android for one whole day and i do sometimes get an error messages like process.acore, mail error, and framework error blah, blah (with force and wait button), and need to reset and boot w/ winmo then run haret again...

here's what i noticed...our phone produces more heat than when running winmo..is there solution for this?

i stopped using android this morning 'coz i'm worried that it might damage my phone..but all in all, it was a great experience..keep it up guys..

btw, i've installed gh5 and it works... :mellow:

Guest bashon

sir i have a problem installing this crap that takes a badword year just to update so badword omnia2droid anyways.. i always get this badword message like cant mount internal blah blah blah no such device blah blah blah badword this badword that sick and tired of this android-winmo transition badword that.

Guest darthveda

from yesterday, the email process quits at start up, I cannot sync e-mail and contacts from exchange server anymore. No idea as to why this suddenly happened.

Till now, I have not been able to send a text message. Downloaded some apps for text message but it's the same problem there also.

Guest Vic20

I have been successfully running Froyo for over a week now on my B7610. I manually untarred everything to my pre partitioned and EXT4 formatted SD card using Ubuntu which seems to be the most stable and secure method by far. Page 22 onwards of this thread helps a lot. All my PC's have been dual booted Windows/Ubuntu for some years now

JuiceDefender helps somewhat with battery consumption but it still isn't as should be expected for a 1500mAh battery in my opinion.

I've had several SOD's but on each and every occasion the phone has been carried in a tight pocket. I'm convinced there's some exposed key-press operation which still hasn't been captured that is causing problems. It may be a combination or multiple or prolonged presses that's doing it.

Keep up the great work all

Vic

Guest elbee72
I have been successfully running Froyo for over a week now on my B7610. I manually untarred everything to my pre partitioned and EXT4 formatted SD card using Ubuntu which seems to be the most stable and secure method by far. Page 22 onwards of this thread helps a lot. All my PC's have been dual booted Windows/Ubuntu for some years now

JuiceDefender helps somewhat with battery consumption but it still isn't as should be expected for a 1500mAh battery in my opinion.

I've had several SOD's but on each and every occasion the phone has been carried in a tight pocket. I'm convinced there's some exposed key-press operation which still hasn't been captured that is causing problems. It may be a combination or multiple or prolonged presses that's doing it.

Keep up the great work all

Vic

does SOD also (sometimes) happen when you put the phone to sleep yourself by pressing either HANGUP or STANDBY key?

the tight pocket could cause the phone to wake up and turn alseep itself what can cause SOD in some situations.

easy workaround to prevent SOD is to put the phone to sleep yourself, but dont know if current unwanted unlock hacks (unlock pattern/android pollicy hack) do prevent the waking up in all situations and thus prevent SOD in the tight pocket condition you mentioned..

Guest erikcas
does SOD also (sometimes) happen when you put the phone to sleep yourself by pressing either HANGUP or STANDBY key?

the tight pocket could cause the phone to wake up and turn alseep itself what can cause SOD in some situations.

easy workaround to prevent SOD is to put the phone to sleep yourself, but dont know if current unwanted unlock hacks (unlock pattern/android pollicy hack) do prevent the waking up in all situations and thus prevent SOD in the tight pocket condition you mentioned..

Elbee,

on my phone it does. SOD comes randomly. Even when I "manually" put the phone to sleep and put it on the table. Or in my trousers.

It doesn't matter if I install on My Storage or on SD. Although it seems to be running more stable on SD.

After a few days, it happens more frequently. My current install is four days old. I had four or five SODS today. Two times the phone was in my trouserpocket. The other times it was on my desk next to my laptop.

Edit: Had a problem with the SD card on which Froyo was installed. Installed freshly on dito SD card

SOD never occurs when on power cord or on USB connection to laptop / pc.

Grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest mayouuu

Hi guys, am i missing something?

why is it set up in startup.txt "Set ramsize 180*1024*1024", since our phone has 256 MB of RAM why are why just starting the Linux kernel using 180MB? is it being some memory reserved for graphics or something like that? I have set up "Set ramsize 256*1024*1024" and the phone seems smoother, anyways no difference from using 200*1024*1024 or 256*1024*1024

Any answers?

Guest tjeerdos
Elbee,

on my phone it does. SOD comes randomly. Even when I "manually" put the phone to sleep and put it on the table. Or in my trousers.

It doesn't matter if I install on My Storage or on SD. Although it seems to be running more stable on SD.

After a few days, it happens more frequently. My current install is four days old. I had four or five SODS today. Two times the phone was in my trouserpocket. The other times it was on my desk next to my laptop.

SOD never occurs when on power cord or on USB connection to laptop / pc.

Grtz Erik

hi

my phone only has sod if i made a phone call. in and out going calls.

further maybe ones a week randomly.

grtzz tjeerdos

Guest erikcas

Just discovered a problem with my SD card. It was reset during load. Tested it, no good. Trying fresh install on fresh SD now. Disregard my previous message for now.

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas
Just discovered a problem with my SD card. It was reset during load. Tested it, no good. Trying fresh install on fresh SD now. Disregard my previous message for now.

Confirm :mellow: With fresh Froyo on fresh SD no SOD's till now. Acceptable battery consume.

Guest centodue

I don't know why, but I am not able to install on SD.

Every time I have message "cant mount SD card...wait 10 sec" and then "cant mount internal FLASH" for other 30sec and reboot

Indication is that Sd should be mmcblk0p5.

Should I edit default.txt external to O2BETA folder before to launch haret in O2BETA?

I made so:

I put files and o2beta folder in My Storage

I changed startup.txt in default.txt (both, inside to folder and out)

I formatted SD (tried using windows default , using internal WMO option in menu, and "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition")

I launch haret.exe inside to O2Bupdate in My Memory but always it reboot and no partition in SD is created :mellow:

I have Android installation inside to My Memory but I would like to check if using SD , SODs stop to be presents...

thank you in advantage

Giorgio

Guest kaspy
I don't know why, but I am not able to install on SD.

Every time I have message "cant mount SD card...wait 10 sec" and then "cant mount internal FLASH" for other 30sec and reboot

Indication is that Sd should be mmcblk0p5.

Should I edit default.txt external to O2BETA folder before to launch haret in O2BETA?

I made so:

I put files and o2beta folder in My Storage

I changed startup.txt in default.txt (both, inside to folder and out)

I formatted SD (tried using windows default , using internal WMO option in menu, and "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition")

I launch haret.exe inside to O2Bupdate in My Memory but always it reboot and no partition in SD is created :mellow:

I have Android installation inside to My Memory but I would like to check if using SD , SODs stop to be presents...

thank you in advantage

Giorgio

well dear dlete all the parition with mini tolls. but dont format it ,

then format it in the phone, then re install it ,

may be u can have some luck.

Guest centodue
well dear dlete all the parition with mini tolls. but dont format it ,

then format it in the phone, then re install it ,

may be u can have some luck.

I tried to delete the unique partition FAT32 present using "MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition"

As soon as I disconnected USB connection I had request to format SD card and I confirmed

I selected HARET.exe present in My Memory/O2BETA --> no partition created (mount: mount /dev/mmcblk0p5 on /sdcard: failed no such device or address)

I tried to transfer all file/folder for Froyo installation in SD card

I selected HARET.exe present in SD Card/O2BETA --> no partition created (mount: mount /dev/mmcblk0p5 on /sdcard: failed no such device or address)

I never be able to install in SD :unsure:

everybody say to be so automatic launching by O2BETA folder, but never it was so for me...

I must create every time in internal memory the partition and untar files with ubuntu to have correct installation but not on SD card.

But this solution gives me always SODs so I would like to try if SD installation is better.

Edited by centodue

Guest gauravv
I tried to delete the unique partition FAT32 present using "MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition"

As soon as I disconnected USB connection I had request to format SD card and I confirmed

I selected HARET.exe present in My Memory/O2BETA --> no partition created (mount: mount /dev/mmcblk0p5 on /sdcard: failed no such device or address)

I tried to transfer all file/folder for Froyo installation in SD card

I selected HARET.exe present in SD Card/O2BETA --> no partition created (mount: mount /dev/mmcblk0p5 on /sdcard: failed no such device or address)

I never be able to install in SD :unsure:

everybody say to be so automatic launching by O2BETA folder, but never it was so for me...

I must create every time in internal memory the partition and untar files with ubuntu to have correct installation but not on SD card.

But this solution gives me always SODs so I would like to try if SD installation is better.

hey i think you have deleted hidden partition in my storage.......so do one think create a fake partition of any size in my storage..make it logical so that when you connect the device with pc using mass storage rest of the space shows up only not this fake partition. after that as usually copy files in my storage and run haret and cheers!!.....if u sods read first post also!!

Guest centodue
hey i think you have deleted hidden partition in my storage.......so do one think create a fake partition of any size in my storage..make it logical so that when you connect the device with pc using mass storage rest of the space shows up only not this fake partition. after that as usually copy files in my storage and run haret and cheers!!.....if u sods read first post also!!

yes, when I installed Android in My Memory partition I deleted all partitions in My Memory (hidden and visible), I created FAT32 partition of 1 GB (with label "disk0") and a second ext4 partition of 1 GB (with label "disk")

Hidden starting memory does not exist more.

Now I made so (following your suggestion, but I don't know if it is true):

1) Delete ext4 "disk" partition in my memory

2) created a new one FAT32 logical (1GB) (label "disk")

3) set Hidden "disk"

and then:

1) deleted all partition in SD card

2) disconnected by PC

3) request to format SD card --> confirmed

I launched HARET.exe in My Memory/O2BETA/ but always the same :

it says that try to mount sd card as "/dev/mmcblk0p5" but sd card must be "/dev/mmcblk1p5"

and so "no partition created (mount: mount /dev/mmcblk0p5 on /sdcard: failed no such device or address)"

but is it possible I am the only person with this problem?? :unsure: :)

I tried to move all files in SD card and launch HARET by there but it is always the same.

why is it set up in startup.txt "Set ramsize 180*1024*1024", since our phone has 256 MB of RAM why are why just starting the Linux kernel using 180MB? is it being some memory reserved for graphics or something like that? I have set up "Set ramsize 256*1024*1024" and the phone seems smoother, anyways no difference from using 200*1024*1024 or 256*1024*1024

Any answers?

Can anyone confirm this? Or is this not recommended?

Guest gauravv
yes, when I installed Android in My Memory partition I deleted all partitions in My Memory (hidden and visible), I created FAT32 partition of 1 GB (with label "disk0") and a second ext4 partition of 1 GB (with label "disk")

Hidden starting memory does not exist more.

Now I made so (following your suggestion, but I don't know if it is true):

1) Delete ext4 "disk" partition in my memory

2) created a new one FAT32 logical (1GB) (label "disk")

3) set Hidden "disk"

and then:

1) deleted all partition in SD card

2) disconnected by PC

3) request to format SD card --> confirmed

I launched HARET.exe in My Memory/O2BETA/ but always the same :

it says that try to mount sd card as "/dev/mmcblk0p5" but sd card must be "/dev/mmcblk1p5"

and so "no partition created (mount: mount /dev/mmcblk0p5 on /sdcard: failed no such device or address)"

but is it possible I am the only person with this problem?? :unsure: :)

I tried to move all files in SD card and launch HARET by there but it is always the same.

dude you have to create two partition in my storage...like i made one logical partition of 512 mb which is hidden and another logical partition of rest of the space.......and it works!!........or try to flash full mst

Guest centodue
dude you have to create two partition in my storage...like i made one logical partition of 512 mb which is hidden and another logical partition of rest of the space.......and it works!!........or try to flash full mst

I reinstalled WM6.5 original version with total auto flashing ".exe" file

Now I have totally clean mobile

Internal memory with 512 MB hidden partition.

FAT32 My Memory of 1,41 GB with O2beta folder and Froyo installation files

8GB SD memory formatted with auto request of WMO

4GB SD memory formatted with auto request of WMO

I tried with the 2 SD cards to use Haret.exe in O2beta inside to My Memory.

Now seems haret try to create partition but appears many times the next indication:

want: 27060544 limit: 1048573 parted: write error : input/output error

after 30 sec it reboot...and then? If I check with "MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition" the Sd partion is always the unique FAT32 and no more....

uff ...it seems so automatic for everybody but not in my B7610 :unsure:

EDIT: ohhhhhhhh! I created partition with haret.exe changing with "MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition" My Memory in "set Active" (i don't know why it was not by default!)

But now using haret.exe (not in O2beta folder) it starts but then it remains blocked without installing froyo.

default.txt was edited in mmcp1blk6 (surely correct because changing it appear the partition list)

Edited by centodue

Guest elbee72

Any answers?

The i8000 also has 256 MB of RAM, the source has regular memory reservation patches by the devs, and on i8000 thread there were some discussions about mem usage and free mem (RAM).

So the haret ramsize setting is probably correct for i8000 and b7610, but not sure ...

Guest Hansje Wiegel

Hi y'all,

First of all BIG thanks to all people behind this. Been watching and waiting for a stable Omnia Pro kernel for about 6 months. Now it's there, I can't possibly express on my keyboard how happy I am.

I ran ErnstJanF's install guide on my B7610 yesterday, and until now I've been able to enjoy allmost all benefits Android has on WM6.5. I had to do some minor adjustments for things to work proper, but the forums helped me out well.

- Android Market crashed frequently, clearing cache from Download Manager and Market in the apllications settings fixed it

- to be able to call people, Call Light app did the job

- to make it way faster, Advanced Task Manager is a great app

Only thing I'm still working on is importing contacts from SIM. It says there aren't any? Damn sure there are. I'll figure it out, I guess, maybe by somehow exporting my contacts in WM6.5.

Oh, and p.s; it's become a great little heater for when you have cold hands. :unsure: Could that do any harm to the hardware or so?

Edited by Hansje Wiegel

Guest Superwuppy

Hi Guy's

i would like to try froyo

but i'm running android from "My storage" and not SD card

so i can still use any SD Card as back-up or install for some app's (like whatsapp)

is froyo's EXT4 still to be used for My Storage ??

with "Mini Tool" you can't create a EXT4 partition

can I try Froyo on EXT3 from My Storage ??

or

Did someone tryed it from My storage

(damn bad english today Sorry)

can someone please explain how to make a EXT4 partition on My Storage with what program.

Guest centodue
Hi Guy's

i would like to try froyo

but i'm running android from "My storage" and not SD card

so i can still use any SD Card as back-up or install for some app's (like whatsapp)

is froyo's EXT4 still to be used for My Storage ??

with "Mini Tool" you can't create a EXT4 partition

can I try Froyo on EXT3 from My Storage ??

or

Did someone tryed it from My storage

(damn bad english today Sorry)

can someone please explain how to make a EXT4 partition on My Storage with what program.

I tried froyo in Mymemory and in sd card

I created partition in MyMemory using "Mini Tool" and I formatted as ext4 using ubuntu (because "Mini Tool" give me possibility only for ext3 not ext4)

I tried to install in SD card too using the "o2beta" folder files:

- launching HARET.exe in o2beta folder it creates automatically 1024 MB partition in SD card ( but before you must format sd card as fat32)

- using ubuntu I untarred files in sd card partition (strange but is seems to be just ext2 and not ext4 )

Using froyo on sd card I can say it seems more stable of installation inside to my memory. Only 2 SOD in 2 days

Using My Memory I had many SODs! :unsure:

Now I would try to format the partition on SD card as ext4 and reinstall android to check if it is more stable and faster.

In every case in the last sd card installation I am not able to syncronize correctly contacts by my gmail account...only name list but not pictures! :) :P ;)

The second problem i should solve is to mount sd card because at the moment camera and other functions are not available because they request SD card ...ufff

Guest gauravv
I tried froyo in Mymemory and in sd card

I created partition in MyMemory using "Mini Tool" and I formatted as ext4 using ubuntu (because "Mini Tool" give me possibility only for ext3 not ext4)

I tried to install in SD card too using the "o2beta" folder files:

- launching HARET.exe in o2beta folder it creates automatically 1024 MB partition in SD card ( but before you must format sd card as fat32)

- using ubuntu I untarred files in sd card partition (strange but is seems to be just ext2 and not ext4 )

Using froyo on sd card I can say it seems more stable of installation inside to my memory. Only 2 SOD in 2 days

Using My Memory I had many SODs! :unsure:

Now I would try to format the partition on SD card as ext4 and reinstall android to check if it is more stable and faster.

In every case in the last sd card installation I am not able to syncronize correctly contacts by my gmail account...only name list but not pictures! :) :P ;)

The second problem i should solve is to mount sd card because at the moment camera and other functions are not available because they request SD card ...ufff

Before you do anything....first format your storage card in windows using fat 32 and then samsung settings!!....then use haret in o2 beta.......and dont forget to take a backup

Edited by gauravv