[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest gauravv

This Topic is now changed to be related to Performance tweak or Battery Improvements etc that can be appiled and shared with other users for improving performance etc and enjoying the Android Build.

First of All thanks to Erik and Developers!

TWEAKS :

1. Open Winmo and set performance as HIGH.

2. Open AnDroid Market and Download VM heap App and set 40 mb as Heap Size ( Off course you need Root access )

3. Restart Android and see improved performnace

TWeak 2 : Little incraesed battery life

1. Download Antutu Cpu master

2. Go to advanced Tab

3. SET as Follows:

I/O scheduler anticptry

UP threshold 90

Dwn threshold 50

thres. % 10

4. Tick set on Boot and Apply.

NOTE ON ROOT:

Root seems to have some some problem atleast on my device....as in sometimes its works and sometimes it doesn't.......and best way it works properly is after 3-4 reboots or more after su update (ROOT update )

Edited by gauravv

Guest gauravv
It doesn't work; random freezes everywhere!

STEPS

1. FIRST FORMAT YOUR SD CARD THEN RUN HARET TO GET PARTITION.......and after reset dnt use file explorer to launch haret instead use toatl commnder. and at last have some patience...its slow fr few times..

Guest gauravv
started testing last night, all looks and feels very good, but hangs/crashes often

i also find almost all buttons seems to turn off the screen, the work/life button is your close/ok

will be testing further later.

superb work by the team though!!

hey man i dont which button is of menu and cant able to copy contacts from sim....any idea...and in our device many button do same work..??

Guest superck445
hey man i dont which button is of menu and cant able to copy contacts from sim....any idea...and in our device many button do same work..??

there does seem to be no 'menu' button for our b7610

-work/life is ok/close

-send button is volume down

-smile button is volume up

-all other buttons just seem to turn off the screen or bring up power options when held down

just trying copying sim contacts now, will report back soon

Guest superck445

menu button is 'K'

Guest erikcas

Got it running for one hour now. No freezes. Imported simcontacts without problems. The "k" key on de slide-keyboard is indeed the menu key.

Made and received calls. Sent and received sms.

Only thing not working so far is wifi.

grtz!

Guest gauravv
Got it running for one hour now. No freezes. Imported simcontacts without problems. The "k" key on de slide-keyboard is indeed the menu key.

grtz!

how you imported sim contacts ?

Guest gauravv

grtz!

i press K nothing happens ...instead J acts like a back key...?..please explain ??

Guest sakisds

I was waiting for this since the alpha, nice to see it released. I just tried it, its kinda slow and freezes some times, not really good for daily usage but a great progress. I am investigating if we can remap the hardware keys....

For me they are like this:

Volume Up, Lock, End(power off), Camera and most of the keyboard: Lock/Power off.

Call: Volume up

Middle(smile) key: Volume Down

W/L: Back

K: Menu

Edited by sakisds

very great job..if there would be a way to remap keys,maybe via some android app..it would be nice!cause i can not find back button in my own and without this mine is unuseable

Guest erikcas
i press K nothing happens ...instead J acts like a back key...?..please explain ??

1. Open contacts on home screen

2. Slide open keyboard keyboard

3. Press "k"

4. Choose import/export (bottom right @ my menu)

5. It will guide itself.

Good luck

grtz

Guest Mariuszmax

just instaled Android

how to connect/sync now with PC Windows XP?

when i plug usb it's charging only

and WiFi don't work for me ;)

Edited by Mariuszmax

Guest erikcas
just instaled Android

how to connect/sync now with PC Windows XP?

when i plug usb it's charging only

and WiFi don't work for me :)

WiFi doesn't work for me either. It turns off automatically after 20 seconds or so.

Left my usb cable at work ;)

Going to try ubuntu virtual on XP, mount my SD and try to install some apps

Edit: Just found out that systemclock is in a terrible hurry. My B7610 on Android is 2 minutes ahead of every other clock in my appartment in just 4 minutes (on the other clocks :D)

Edit: Time: is getting worse. B7610 time: 11:06 pm. real time 10:32 pm. I suspect it rushes when screen is blanked (sleep?)

Edited by erikcas

Guest Kossusukka

This looks very promising. It works, but it's buggy. I made it crash just by calling to someone. Wifi ain't working and keymappings are messed up, but very good progress. It really would be nice, if someday that will become a full working Android (maby 2.3?) for B7610.

Edited by Kossusukka

Guest Mariuszmax
Edit: Just found out that systemclock is in a terrible hurry. My B7610 on Android is 2 minutes ahead of every other clock in my appartment in just 4 minutes (on the other clocks ;))

Edit: Time: is getting worse. B7610 time: 11:06 pm. real time 10:32 pm. I suspect it rushes when screen is blanked (sleep?)

i do not have such problem, when using 24h format, GMT+00.00

Edited by Mariuszmax

Guest erikcas
i do not have such problem, when using 24h format, GMT+00.00

Hmm, interesting, will try that today. I'm using GMT+01:00. Will report this afternoon, when back from work.

Edit: just tried for 5 minutes. No luck. It is 20 minutes ahead already. 24 hrs format, GMT+00:00

Edited by erikcas