Best budget Adroid tablet?

Guest magicdroid

Guest magicdroid

What is the best budget Android tablet currently available?

Specs: between 7" and 10", under £295, with or without Market and available in Europe.

Pro's are: rootable or already rooted, Android Market, custom ROMs available.

Guest warriorscot

At the moment and Advent Vega or PoV Mobii are the best for your budget(and over it actually) at £250 with a tegra2 board powering it is pretty much the most powerful android tablet kicking around at the moment. Has its downsides in that the screen is only so so but its adequate and android isn't really fully tablet compatible yet but still gets the job done. Also has a modaco rom available for it.

• 4 months later...
Guest The Soup Thief

Reviving an old thread rather than starting a new one

I'm in the market for an android tablet

A lot of people are having a lot of fun with their Advent Vega's, which look like really nice bits of kit, but they've been kicking about for 8 months or so now

I'm thinking there must be something either neater (slightly better screen, better hard key configuration, more onboard memory, integrated USB / power cable etc - sorry if I'm misrepresenting it, just taking this from reviews I've read) round the corner

Has anyone heard of anything coming up?

Or is this still the 10inch tablet to go for? I gather the price has fallen to about £180, which represents a lot of bang for the buck

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FlatPackPete

Bought the Hannspree Hasnnspad one for my father-in-law not too long ago. Here's a link to Bestbuy's site but Carphone Warehouse in the UK also sell it

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/product/100015708...b-and-wifi.aspx

For the extra £50 over the Vega you get 16 gig storage rather than 4, better screen (IMHO) and HDMI out but some people will hate the launcher it comes with, but that's easy to change.

You don't get Google market but it's probably trivial to put on and the market app pre-installed is sctually pretty well stocked.

Flash 10.3 also works fine, so with the new BBC iPlayer app and it's live TV streaming it's now also a very portable TV :)

Edited by FlatPackPete