Hermit's Last i900 6.5.3 Metro UI | CPU Optimised ROMs - 23rd March 2011

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest Hermit Dave
wifi and bt icon problem.

okay i could replicate one but not the other.

wifi seems fine to me. i get the wifi icons on host 1.5 and within wm

BT however is not visible at all. Dont haveanything using BT at home so let me check it on monday (my only BT headset is in the office)

Guest Hermit Dave
wifi and bt icon problem.

Actually i just remembered... i might have removed the BT icon ;)

Let me see if i can package it into a cab if not i will mess about with yet another ROM next week ;)

Next time though i will make 2 varieties at least - lite and normal

Everyone happy with Host 1.5 ? or any explicit requirements for making Titanium available ?

Guest dreamnej
Actually i just remembered... i might have removed the BT icon ;)

Let me see if i can package it into a cab if not i will mess about with yet another ROM next week ;)

Next time though i will make 2 varieties at least - lite and normal

Everyone happy with Host 1.5 ? or any explicit requirements for making Titanium available ?

host time big problem. this problem is not yours. belonging to the host of this problem. i deleted to host.

look forward to the new rom. we'll help you. rom is always the first problem. Do not worry

Guest Hermit Dave
battery drain fast. gps keep crashing.

okay i am explicity using xcpuscalar and running cpu at max and after all day usage battery is 70% (calls, texts, emails and a bit of internet surfing)

i have just used sat nav thrice yesterday (igo 8) twice for 45 mins and once for 25 mins. Fix in 2 mins each time.

I have however noticed one weird charging / calibration issue. i keep phone plugged in overnight and in the morning the led is green but when i unplug, the phone shows battery as being say...87% and then over the next couple of mins adjusts itself to 100%

The next ROM, i wlll cook with Samsung CPU option (allowing user to control performance / battery / automatic)

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest dreamnej

I received a new message rom. I'll try at the weekend. Thank you. I think using the host. A host interface is not successful. After all interfaces can be added now. just a little bit difficult v2 M2D. throwing herself at risk. Titanium or Manilla rom makes more sense in my opinion. You live less of a problem.

Guest Hermit Dave
I received a new message rom. I'll try at the weekend. Thank you. I think using the host. A host interface is not successful. After all interfaces can be added now. just a little bit difficult v2 M2D. throwing herself at risk. Titanium or Manilla rom makes more sense in my opinion. You live less of a problem.

good point... i am in process of modify the normal ROM or will rather leave it as is and create Titanium ROM currently testing myself and improving it here and there.

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest dreamnej
good point... i am in process of modify the normal ROM or will rather leave it as is and create Titanium ROM currently testing myself and improving it here and there.

belongs to you I try to rom. "metro titanium" rom icon different (large). I've installed without testing other rom. but re-installing. "Normal XPR "host did not work. I've installed 2 times. still did not work. testing will continue. I write here

Edited by dreamnej

Guest Hermit Dave
belongs to you I try to rom. "metro titanium" rom icon different (large). I've installed without testing other rom. but re-installing. "Normal XPR "host did not work. I've installed 2 times. still did not work. testing will continue. I write here

that version had an issue with Host. For some reason it kept giving me some visual basic error.

reinstall host using the cab

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=685928

i have been using titanium for a few days and i must say its better than anything else.

currently trying to update lockscreen to wm7 theme (instead of using s2u2) maybe in a couple of days i will have the graphics ready. till then i think the titanium in current form is here to stay.

Generally what is the feedback of 23698 build ? doesnt feel much different than 23680 personally.

Guest Hermit Dave
What about this Lockscreen?

very nice work by OCK... the only issue is that 23698 does not have translated default lockscreen. Might looking into merging the GTX standalone package created by Yonn and this one by OCK.

thanks for pointing it out

Guest marosteeha

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm....i cant seem to get the internet (wifi) working... ¬¬ it conects and everything but when i try opening a webpage it says something like "the conections has been ended. to change your conection settings, tap settings", so i do so, but something is odd about this settings windows... i sure can recall having allot more options there before (in other roms) now i only get "add a new moden conection, add a new vpn server conection and set up my proxy server"

is it me or the rom self?

Guest Digesh Chheda

I am having issues connecting to internet...Settings r fine..Shows it is connected.But when I open web page, dosnt open....Tried many ways from last night, but still couldnt figure out y could b this problem.

Any experts could help out please ???

Rest, this rom is awesome..I m loving it..Just help me connect to net plz...

Guest Hermit Dave

I have just tested wifi and it works fine. I use WPA2 at home and it can connect and i can browse without issues. I have seen these issues reported in other ROMs as well and i think have a look at the link below

I am having issues connecting to internet...Settings r fine..Shows it is connected.But when I open web page, dosnt open....Tried many ways from last night, but still couldnt figure out y could b this problem.

Any experts could help out please ???

Rest, this rom is awesome..I m loving it..Just help me connect to net plz...

I think i remember reading about this issue (not particular to ROM as such).

have a look at this page

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...to-any-network/

gist of the problem is mac address

"I now know the problem why the both devices couldn't connect to any wifi accesspoint.

samsung settings -> system -> version -> device -> WIFI.

the MAC address was: FF FF FF FF FF FF

that's the broadcast address for ethernet ... "

Solution:

"Admin menu?

1. type: *#1546792*#

2. choose "Internal"

3. Type as pwd: *#0807#

4. choose WiFi MAC address

5. type pwd: 1234

6. Set MacAdress

7. Execute

Of course you do it at your own risk!"

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest Digesh Chheda
I haven't used wifi in this build (used in previous build and only difference is Titanium addition and Metro layout and theme). Usually i use 3G etc more than wifi

I think i remember reading about this issue (not particular to ROM as such).

have a look at this page

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...to-any-network/

gist of the problem is mac address

"I now know the problem why the both devices couldn't connect to any wifi accesspoint.

samsung settings -> system -> version -> device -> WIFI.

the MAC address was: FF FF FF FF FF FF

that's the broadcast address for ethernet ... "

Solution:

"Admin menu?

1. type: *#1546792*#

2. choose "Internal"

3. Type as pwd: *#0807#

4. choose WiFi MAC address

5. type pwd: 1234

6. Set MacAdress

7. Execute

Of course you do it at your own risk!"

Thanks Hermit,

But after step 3, I cant find Wifi mac address.I can see these options:

1.reset

2.test mode

3.Sec dialer

4.Idle or suspend during call

5.Call power off Time out

6.BT Mac address

7.DiagKeySend

8.Talk end test

9.talk end test Dur

Wheres it ??

Guest Hermit Dave
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm....i cant seem to get the internet (wifi) working... ¬¬ it conects and everything but when i try opening a webpage it says something like "the conections has been ended. to change your conection settings, tap settings", so i do so, but something is odd about this settings windows... i sure can recall having allot more options there before (in other roms) now i only get "add a new moden conection, add a new vpn server conection and set up my proxy server"

is it me or the rom self?

nope still there

screenshot4j.png

Guest Hermit Dave
Thanks Hermit,

But after step 3, I cant find Wifi mac address.I can see these options:

1.reset

2.test mode

3.Sec dialer

4.Idle or suspend during call

5.Call power off Time out

6.BT Mac address

7.DiagKeySend

8.Talk end test

9.talk end test Dur

Wheres it ??

i couldnt find it on mine either.

try this setting >> connection >> wifi >> Network (on the top instead of wireless) check mac address by selecting sychip jaguar wlan gspi card

Guest Digesh Chheda
i couldnt find it on mine either.

try this setting >> connection >> wifi >> Network (on the top instead of wireless) check mac address by selecting sychip jaguar wlan gspi card

Its fe80::213:e0ff:fef9...Now what ???

Guest Hermit Dave
Its fe80::213:e0ff:fef9...Now what ???

dont have much idea... i would suggest a search through the forum or a read through that thread. have you tried hard reset ?

Guest zlatkomasin

why when enable rotate screen not show corect and block? can that fix ? but is very good rom maby the best for me who is trying for now,but that with rotate, i'm disappointed.... :D:P)) :huh: