Hermit's Last i900 6.5.3 Metro UI | CPU Optimised ROMs - 23rd March 2011

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest shinz14
okay since the last build, the speed is set to Max.

All i did in this ROM is enable Auto Load.

Start XCPUScalar and uncheck Auto load.

I usually minimise XCPUScalar by using OK mapped to button.

when i set like what you done . . .

how can i see the effect?

even i soft reset, it always on defaults . . .

how can i save the max speed?

Guest Hermit Dave
when i set like what you done . . .

how can i see the effect?

even i soft reset, it always on defaults . . .

how can i save the max speed?

XCPUScalar can only put the cpu upto 500 MHz. To see it in action, enable Taskbar CPU Meter and adjust the position.

It will show you the speed of the CPU

XCPUSCalar needs to be running for CPU to be set in correct mode. hence i minimise on start. if you dont have okay button mapped, exit and start xcpuscalar again from start menu (that way its running in background)

I dont think any programs exist that can clock PXA 312... most only clock older Intel XScale... not the product of Marvell which makes ex-intel arm

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest shinz14
XCPUScalar can only put the cpu upto 500 MHz. To see it in action, enable Taskbar CPU Meter and adjust the position.

It will show you the speed of the CPU

XCPUSCalar needs to be running for CPU to be set in correct mode. hence i minimise on start. if you dont have okay button mapped, exit and start xcpuscalar again from start menu (that way its running in background)

I dont think any programs exist that can clock PXA 312... most only clock older Intel XScale... not the product of Marvell which makes ex-intel arm

my point is how i can save my 500mhz settings?

there is no save 0r ok button...

what will i do now?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sevotharte

Woow!

Awesome ROM. Thanks Hermit!

Very Stable and I think that this ROM is the fastest ROM i have ever tried.

Pls make a ROM with EZinput and Manila 2Dv2 :(.

Bad news: low battery.. :( one day and my battery must be charged.

Guest Hermit Dave
Woow!

Next time i am going to change phone part which improves battery life to an extent.

Difficult to maintain high performance whichout XCPUScalar. Performance is very addictive.. once you use it responding fast... its very tempting as stock CPU throtting is very bad

Let me see if i can optimise XCPUScalar throtting to improve battery

Try running without... STart >> XCPUSCalar >> File >> Exit.

See what you make of the performance... should be still good (back to stock CPU control based on phone part)

Let me think about M2D... haven;t cooked one so far... will try next time

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest Hermit Dave
Woow!

i have managed to figure out slightly better throtting, This should translate to better cpu.

are you up for editing registry ?

if not i will try to add it to next ROM

Guest Keivan Moradi

Hi

I build a cab for tClock ported from b7300. I updated previouse ports by updating the alarmwatcher.exe with b7300 one. this make the tClock work as it should be. I would like to see it in your ROM.

Keivan's tClock

Also, I build a jInbox. Most of its part work but the compose button and send button do not work in some ROMs. It is the best jInbox ported for i900 until now. I would be happy if you can continue my work.

This is my best effort

I hope someone continue my work.

I noticed jInbox depends on these processes.

AYGSHELL.dll

cellcore.dll

CEMAPI.dll

COREDLL.dll

jMessageOptions.dll

ole32.dll

PIMSTORE.dll

SMS.dll

toolhelp.dll

jMessageOptions.dll -> is in my cab

PIMSTORE.dll and SMS.dll -> these are in the dump folder inside a folder with similar name. But I don't have sufficient knowledge to build a cab contain these files.

When I restored registry from a i8000 to my phone -> (cause some problem to My phone) but some problems of the jinbox solved. I tried to find the appropriate registry keys but I couldn't.

after 4 days of nonstop effort I couldn't do this job. I hope someone can finish this job.

By the way "reject all calls" do not work in the b7300 phone book. I have I files of the b7300. I can fix it if you tell me which file would fix it.

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest Hermit Dave
Hi

I build a cab for tClock ported from b7300. I updated previouse ports by updating the alarmwatcher.exe with b7300 one. this make the tClock work as it should be. I would like to see it in your ROM.

Keivan's tClock

Also, I build a jInbox. Most of its part work but the compose button and send button do not work in some ROMs. It is the best jInbox ported for i900 until now. I would be happy if you can continue my work.

This is my best effort

I hope someone continue my work.

I noticed jInbox depends on these processes.

AYGSHELL.dll

cellcore.dll

CEMAPI.dll

COREDLL.dll

jMessageOptions.dll

ole32.dll

PIMSTORE.dll

SMS.dll

toolhelp.dll

jMessageOptions.dll -> is in my cab

PIMSTORE.dll and SMS.dll -> these are in the dump folder inside a folder with similar name. But I don't have sufficient knowledge to build a cab contain these files.

When I restored registry from a i8000 to my phone -> (cause some problem to My phone) but some problems of the jinbox solved. I tried to find the appropriate registry keys but I couldn't.

after 4 days of nonstop effort I couldn't do this job. I hope someone can finish this job.

By the way "reject all calls" do not work in the b7300 phone book. I have I files of the b7300. I can fix it if you tell me which file would fix it.

Thanks for writing. I am not sure how long i will keep cooking for omnia (the run didn't last long)... had some digitizer issues and i just got myself a HTC Mozart 7.

I am still keeping omnia as a backup phone + sat nav.

Talk to Yonn he's done some good work with B7300. I am sure in his first ROM he had jinbox only. infact he made a whole list of jinbox and other b7300 related ports

Apologies

Guest Keivan Moradi
Thanks for writing. I am not sure how long i will keep cooking for omnia (the run didn't last long)... had some digitizer issues and i just got myself a HTC Mozart 7.

I am still keeping omnia as a backup phone + sat nav.

Talk to Yonn he's done some good work with B7300. I am sure in his first ROM he had jinbox only. infact he made a whole list of jinbox and other b7300 related ports

Apologies

thanks for reply.

Then can you please share your kitchen or at least your experience.

another thing: you which one has a better support: HTC or Samsung?

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest Hermit Dave
thanks for reply.

yes i will post my kitchen... will probably make the builds optional.

Let me do that tomorrow.

My thoughts on Samsung vs HTC

HTC has wider community support than Samsung.

Personally i was tempted by Omnia 7 until about a month back. The first windows update had issues only with Samsung phones - not HTC phones not LG phones.

Plus pockabitlity matters, Omnia 7 is physically as big as HD7 - way too big for me. Mozart was the smallest win phone 7 and its brilliant.

For some strange reason, i dont feel the need to modify it (may after a few days my thoughts might be different)

when i was with HTC, i came across Hard SPL and Soft SPL.

on samsung side, there are 10s of different phone parts which give varying performance.

a given build works fine for most people but a couple have the same issue. Sounds like phone part related incompatibility somewhere.

Also never has digitizer sensitivity degradation with HTC. Original digitizer was horrible on omnia. The replacements have been better.

Guest Hermit Dave
thanks for reply.

I have uploaded my kitchen as promised. took me a day to finish and test titanium changes i had made

Guest ZoXoR

I love this ROM! I'm using Sys 23699 - LG right now. It's the fastest ROM I've tried so far. I love the way it reacts! Typing messages is much more pleasant now :D

Guest Hermit Dave
I love this ROM! I'm using Sys 23699 - LG right now. It's the fastest ROM I've tried so far. I love the way it reacts! Typing messages is much more pleasant now :D

i am glad you are enjoying it.

Guest 天真灿漫
I hope it worked for you... multi upload should show you a few links.. if not let me know

My english is bad.I hope you can understand. just give me a link,please.Thank you.

Guest Hermit Dave
My english is bad.I hope you can understand. just give me a link,please.Thank you.

try

Deposit files http://www.multiupload.com/DF_OGCCZPYUHG

uploading http://uploading.com/files/2f62b8cd/Hermit...699_Normal.exe/

zShare http://www.zshare.net/download/876195318ebc371b/

I dont think I have the binaries any more locally to upload it else where

Guest 天真灿漫
try

Deposit files http://www.multiupload.com/DF_OGCCZPYUHG

uploading http://uploading.com/files/2f62b8cd/Hermit...699_Normal.exe/

zShare http://www.zshare.net/download/876195318ebc371b/

I dont think I have the binaries any more locally to upload it else where

I still can't download it. anyway,Thank you.......

but you can try this http://www.mediafire.com/