Hermit's Last i900 6.5.3 Metro UI | CPU Optimised ROMs - 23rd March 2011

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest rvsh02
Uploaded 29017 build based on latest build out from DFT.

Anyone for adding phone part to the ROM installer ?

Hermit, great job!

I tried Sys 23699 and 29017. Both are awesome - very fast and stable. I can compare to 50+ ROMs I flashed into my Omnia and yours are really great.

The only thing - could you recompile the same ROM without scroll engine driver or with alternate version of it.

Now the scroll engine works not in really convenient way. Could you check this?

Thank you in advance.

Guest Hermit Dave
Hermit, great job!

I tried Sys 23699 and 29017. Both are awesome - very fast and stable. I can compare to 50+ ROMs I flashed into my Omnia and yours are really great.

The only thing - could you recompile the same ROM without scroll engine driver or with alternate version of it.

Now the scroll engine works not in really convenient way. Could you check this?

Thank you in advance.

thanks for your kind words... is the scroll behaviour in both 23699 and 29017 ?

Guest Hermit Dave
yes, looks like it is the same issue in both ROMs.

okay i have been using 23699 for a couple of weeks now... can you describe the issue to me ?

Guest rvsh02
okay i have been using 23699 for a couple of weeks now... can you describe the issue to me ?

when I scroll the screen with the stylus it not always behaves as expected. it can slide correspondingly or it can freeze for some 0.5-1-2 seconds or even can slide very fast and uncontrolled. i think the reason could be in scrolling driver.

Guest Hermit Dave
when I scroll the screen with the stylus it not always behaves as expected. it can slide correspondingly or it can freeze for some 0.5-1-2 seconds or even can slide very fast and uncontrolled. i think the reason could be in scrolling driver.

how is the performance if you use finger scrolling instead of stylus ? If i remember, the scroll engine and touch flow were both to design for finger friendliness - sorry if it sounds rude... lol.

I have my uploaded my kitchen with 23699 and the projects etc.. if you want to try without scroll engine,i would suggest you download the kitchen and play with it a bit

Guest rvsh02
I have my uploaded my kitchen with 23699 and the projects etc.. if you want to try without scroll engine,i would suggest you download the kitchen and play with it a bit

thanks, I'll try to use your kitchen.

Guest ataru-

hi,

i don't know if this is a issue, but when i close a aplication by close icon ( X ), application don't kill itself.

if i see taskmanager application is still running.

there is a solution that kills application when i click on (x) ?

Thanks

Guest Hermit Dave
hi,

i don't know if this is a issue, but when i close a aplication by close icon ( X ), application don't kill itself.

if i see taskmanager application is still running.

there is a solution that kills application when i click on (x) ?

Thanks

well this is a common behaviour.

There are programs that allow you to close applications. certain applications themselves have Exit option. Use that instead of clicking X

I usually have task manager or RAM Sweeper associated with hardware buttons and i execute usualy RAM Sweeper to kill all apps when done temporarily / after each usage.

If i remember correctly.. Omnia Lite based ROM had the option using Samsung Settings app to exit app when clicking X. Try an Omnia Lite based ROM if you wish to try that feature...

Guest Viciousman

Hi...

I love this ROM, but I have a litle problem because I'm portuguese and this ROM doesn't support XT9 in Portuguese.

Can anyone help me in a way to install XT9 in Portuguese or maybe upgrade the ROM to Full language support?

Thank you for all your attention.

Guest Hermit Dave
Hi...

I love this ROM, but I have a litle problem because I'm portuguese and this ROM doesn't support XT9 in Portuguese.

Can anyone help me in a way to install XT9 in Portuguese or maybe upgrade the ROM to Full language support?

Thank you for all your attention.

hello mate... i am not sure i can help with Portuguese.

I would try Mureta or Yonn. They both know a bit about Portuguese as they speak Brazilian Portuguese.

Mureta's rom contains something called XT9 config. Maybe that might help. Ask them if they can help.

If they can't then let me know and i will look further

Guest d0nutz

Fast lightning rom as I havent seen in a while. I have been playing around with all 3 versions posted.

Thanx in advance for your time mate.

Tho I have noticed finally what you mean "if the wifi doesnt work", I preferred the 23xxx version, tho suddenly the wifi did indeed stopped working (was fine before) so I tried the 29xxx and the problem persists. Router sometimes goes mental on too many accesses from external devices but I have cleared that side of things, tho the wifi continues to play up. When did you notice this on your roms?

It has seem to have degenerated instead of a problem happening from the start, I have had this with other roms in the past tho. Not very often admittedly.

Guest Hermit Dave
Fast lightning rom as I havent seen in a while. I have been playing around with all 3 versions posted.

Thanx in advance for your time mate.

Tho I have noticed finally what you mean "if the wifi doesnt work", I preferred the 23xxx version, tho suddenly the wifi did indeed stopped working (was fine before) so I tried the 29xxx and the problem persists. Router sometimes goes mental on too many accesses from external devices but I have cleared that side of things, tho the wifi continues to play up. When did you notice this on your roms?

It has seem to have degenerated instead of a problem happening from the start, I have had this with other roms in the past tho. Not very often admittedly.

well i am not really sure of the problem.. it was reported by a couple of people for 236XX ROMs and i was told using 290XX corrected it. I did find it hard to believe as there are two parts of the story.

1) i always leave stock support for LAN WAN as is.

2) the drivers in both ROMs are always the same.

I think it could be the omnia drivers. I myself rarely use WIFI as outside home i get a decent 3G / H connection. It could also be something to do with the fact that wifi is switched off when it goes into screen off mode and then requests ip again. Try blocking an IP for the Omnia on Router and see if that helps. Alternatively do a fixed on Omnia and see how that behaves

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest d0nutz

I had a look at the router side and the connection is made properly.

Another rom seems ok, I noticed on these builds there are only 2 connection options available as opposed to 4 on other builds. Wonder if this has any effect. And the fact that the roms degenerate and loose the connection to the net is really puzzling. I am sincerely gutted as the roms was lightning fast, but for some reason even with a new phone part (which I took advice from yourself btw) made no difference. I am keeping the phone part tho as it is hard to find reviews on these and I am up for testing it.

I am amazed that various reflashes made no difference. Fcuked up :D

Guest Hermit Dave
I had a look at the router side and the connection is made properly.

Another rom seems ok, I noticed on these builds there are only 2 connection options available as opposed to 4 on other builds. Wonder if this has any effect. And the fact that the roms degenerate and loose the connection to the net is really puzzling. I am sincerely gutted as the roms was lightning fast, but for some reason even with a new phone part (which I took advice from yourself btw) made no difference. I am keeping the phone part tho as it is hard to find reviews on these and I am up for testing it.

I am amazed that various reflashes made no difference. Fcuked up :D

can you tell me with which / whose rom it work properly ? i can ask the chef the question about it then and fix it in my Kitchen.

Guest d0nutz
can you tell me with which / whose rom it work properly ? i can ask the chef the question about it then and fix it in my Kitchen.

Sure,

I tried both:

Sys 23699 - LG, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4600 (Nov 04, 2010 3:44:02 PM)

Sys 29017, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 6211 (Jan 26, 2011 9:44:01)

First the 23699 version. Basically it worked fine for a couple of hours. I am sure I triggered something along the line. As I mentioned I even used the phone part you suggested. Which is cool.

I cant pinpoint when it stopped working but once it did, no matter what I did it wouldnt come back. As I mentioned I could see the device on the wifi port on the router happy as can be. Restarted router cleared any other connections and still no joy. I reflashed it again with the same rom so I could start from scratch and still no avail. Ended up reflashing both the rom and the phone part.

Thats when I decided to try the 29017 version and I managed to still have the issue, so I gave up.

Don´t get me wrong, I had this in the past with other roms too. I have no clue what causes it. Especially since it seems to suddenly stop (surely something I do or whatever) but nothing major or out of the ordinary. Still, I couldnt solve the problem apart from using a different rom.

Anyway, appreciate your time on this mate. I am happy to test it, tho I am concerned the problem appear after a while which is the shittiest thing you can have on when testing :D intermmitance.

Stay good.

Guest Hermit Dave

can you tell me with which ROMs you have not experienced this ever ? OCKs ?? Yonns ? Mureta ??

that way i know who i can ask about drivers etc

Guest Hermit Dave
can you tell me with which ROMs you have not experienced this ever ? OCKs ?? Yonns ? Mureta ??

that way i know who i can ask about drivers etc

I have downloaded DXID1 OEM files and i am building a ROM with those Drivers (not with default apps though). Will try it on my omnia tomorrow if i remember to bring it in and if it works then i will upload it for you to try replicate the Wifi issue.

Guest d0nutz
I have downloaded DXID1 OEM files and i am building a ROM with those Drivers (not with default apps though). Will try it on my omnia tomorrow if i remember to bring it in and if it works then i will upload it for you to try replicate the Wifi issue.

I am using OCK´s Ultralite Build 29005.

One of the few very light builds out there. Yours while not fully lighten was very close and fast enough for me.

Guest rvsh02
Let me know how it goes

Hi Dave, I cooked the ROM based on 23699 using your kitchen with some changes/updates. Now the scroll behavior is fine.

Storage Memory: Free 131.15, In use 28.55

Program Memory: Free 49.84, In use 45.77

I cooked in the ROM:

XTRA GPS

WOW HD

XCPUScalar of course :D

Enabled vibro for screen taps (can be switched off)

SIP change

SmartReader

TimeSync

Comm manager with Mobile Wifi router

some other things..

Here is the link: rvsh02's i900 23699 UC

If you have a chance to try it your comments are very much appreciated.

Guest Hermit Dave
I am using OCK´s Ultralite Build 29005.

One of the few very light builds out there. Yours while not fully lighten was very close and fast enough for me.

Here try the WinMo only 6.5.3 build 23699. It has Samsung Drivers only and is Samsung App free (except for MMS App)

Uses about 36 Megs of Program Mem and about 9 of Storage mem.

As far as i can see except for being stripped out.. its looks and feels alright.

http://www.multiupload.com/OVUOPN6WVA

Guest Hermit Dave
Hi Dave, I cooked the ROM based on 23699 using your kitchen with some changes/updates. Now the scroll behavior is fine.

Storage Memory: Free 131.15, In use 28.55

Program Memory: Free 49.84, In use 45.77

I cooked in the ROM:

XTRA GPS

WOW HD

XCPUScalar of course :D

Enabled vibro for screen taps (can be switched off)

SIP change

SmartReader

TimeSync

Comm manager with Mobile Wifi router

some other things..

Here is the link: rvsh02's i900 23699 UC

If you have a chance to try it your comments are very much appreciated.

I will have a go at it... good work. Let me tell you something... all that really matters is that you are happy with it. If you want to release it to public go ahead... i am sure you will get better reviews from others downloading it B)