Hermit's Last i900 6.5.3 Metro UI | CPU Optimised ROMs - 23rd March 2011

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest Hermit Dave
Appreciated indeed mate.

I will let you know soon.

sorry mate this is one of the crappiest ROM i have personally built.... may its just me missing all the addons by samsung :)

might cook another one on monday with the usual mix of apps but with this drivers. Will update this post then

Hermit

Guest Hermit Dave
Dose your ROM include bluetooth-fix ?

(Like Khuanchai or Dhee ROMs)

Thank you,

No i haven't really done that. There were still issues with the BT routing fix as far as i could see so i didn't proceed with that.

Guest uzmanager

Hello!

Nice ROM - Sys 29017 . But I have found some problems . WI-FI does not work and internet via Activ Sync does not work too .

These problems have occurred for the first time with me. On the other firmware wifi and internet via activysync works fine.

Wifi connects - with the router and I can even ping the address of the phone from computer. But the Internet does not work.

I got message - "the conections has been ended. to change your conection settings, tap settings" from Internet Explorer .

Hard reset did not help me. After this firmware I tried to flash another ROM from other author and wifi worked.

Also in the encryption settings for some reason there is a tick and it can not be removed.

Edited by uzmanager

Guest Hermit Dave
Hello!

Nice ROM - Sys 29017 . But I have found some problems . WI-FI does not work and internet via Activ Sync does not work too .

These problems have occurred for the first time with me. On the other firmware wifi and internet via activysync works fine.

Wifi connects - with the router and I can even ping the address of the phone from computer. But the Internet does not work.

I got message - "the conections has been ended. to change your conection settings, tap settings" from Internet Explorer .

Hard reset did not help me. After this firmware I tried to flash another ROM from other author and wifi worked.

Also in the encryption settings for some reason there is a tick and it can not be removed.

yes i know about encryption settings... they do annoy the hell out of me.. i was pretty use i added reg settings to disable them :) will check.

As for wifi related issue, i have been aware of this. If you would like to try reflashing i can make an identical ROM with another drivers as i think the problem is with the drivers i have

Let me know

Hermit

Guest uzmanager
yes i know about encryption settings... they do annoy the hell out of me.. i was pretty use i added reg settings to disable them :) will check.

As for wifi related issue, i have been aware of this. If you would like to try reflashing i can make an identical ROM with another drivers as i think the problem is with the drivers i have

I would like to reflash my device with identical ROM with another drivers . Also I found some problems - Data call manager does not work in connection menu and GPS Setup does not work too in System menu .

Guest Hermit Dave
I would like to reflash my device with identical ROM with another drivers . Also I found some problems - Data call manager does not work in connection menu and GPS Setup does not work too in System menu .

the GPS Setup is remanents of GPS Mod Driver short cut. If you install GPS Mod Driver it starts working.. I am not sure about the data call manager as i dont have Omnia with me so i wont be able to try that today.

If i do another version i will add GPS Mod Driver and so it works fine.

Here you go. 29017 Normal ROM with DXID1 Drivers

http://www.multiupload.com/POUU1706O0

Hermit

PS: Let me know how the wifi stuff goes

Guest mTx87
the GPS Setup is remanents of GPS Mod Driver short cut. If you install GPS Mod Driver it starts working.. I am not sure about the data call manager as i dont have Omnia with me so i wont be able to try that today.

Hermit

Hey Dave,

maybe u could tell me a DL Link for DXID1 OEM XP Updater?

I'm trying to cook my own Rom with OsKitchen Zero 1.33.5, but it fails if I copy&paste the DXID1 Files to Sources/Devices

greetings mTx

Guest Hermit Dave
Hey Dave,

maybe u could tell me a DL Link for DXID1 OEM XP Updater?

I'm trying to cook my own Rom with OsKitchen Zero 1.33.5, but it fails if I copy&paste the DXID1 Files to Sources/Devices

greetings mTx

I dont have the xp updater but i found a rar that had the complete DXID1 OEM files

http://www.bing.com/search?q=dxid1+oem&amp...mp;qs=n&sk=

The first media fire link is the one i used. the kitchen i used was Modified Yonns which is older version of OSKitchen not the latest.

I deleted the Drivers from OSKitchen / Sources / Devices / Samsung SGH-i900 / OEM Packages and replaced it with the one from DXID1

Left all the other stuff as was as before as i was only interested in the drivers. The rar packages contains all Samsung apps etc under OEMApps. Yonn had split the OEM stuff into OEMApps and EXT as he was mainly using OmniaLite but kitchen also had option for Omnia.

HTH

Hermit

Guest uzmanager

Hermit

I have found problem and solve it.In my settings of the operator was Ukraine and they did not work.

I changed settings to Russia . *#1546792*# - Preconfiguration - Password is *#81230*#

Internet access via ActivySync has worked and WIFI seem too - will check tonight.

Thank YOU!

Edited by uzmanager

Guest Hermit Dave
I have found problem and solve it.In my settings of the operator was Ukraine and they did not work.

I changed settings to Russia . *#1546792*# - Preconfiguration - Password is *#81230*#

Internet access via ActivySync has worked and WIFI seem too - will check tonight.

Thank YOU!

glad you got it sorted. Did the wifi work okay with DXID1 drivers ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hermit Dave
Hello,

I tested the new ROM but I can't get GPRS ou wi-fi connection...

Could you please verify if is an rom prooblem or is a problem of my omnia?

Thank you...

Hi... was it working previously ? if it was try hard reset. If not try some other ROM.

I have connectivity options included in the ROM by default.

Hermit

Guest amel90

Hello

I'm having a problem on 29020 ROM, it get's stuck on Step 1. Eboot image Downloading. I tried multiple times but no luck.

Did anyone have this problem too?

Guest Viciousman

The internet connectivity works with other ROM's but not with your!

Is possible that I have to change any definition? I made automatic configuration in GPRS but in the browser it didn't connect. Over wi-fi it connects but it doesn't load any web pages!

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Hi... was it working previously ? if it was try hard reset. If not try some other ROM.

I have connectivity options included in the ROM by default.

Hermit

• 1 month later...
Guest mymatrix
Feedback is always appreciated!!!

If you want to know how to install ROM on you omnia please check Sector's guide

(flashing ROM is risky and you may brick your phone if you dont do it correctly - please keep that in mind).

I never had an issue so far but Murphy's law is clear - hence the warning.

Once installed (post reboot following XDA_UC execution), please select Windows Phone 7 Metro theme

Start >> Settings >> Home

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=70599index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=70598screenshot2lc.png

Download v6.0 ROM here

Sys 29020 with DXID1 Drivers, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 6212/3?? (April, 2011)

Sys 23699 - LG, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4600 (Nov 04, 2010 3:44:02 PM)

Sys 29017, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 6211 (Jan 26, 2011 9:44:01)

Sys 29007 - Unknown, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 6207 (Sep 23 2010 3:48:35 PM)

if you would like to try one of the stable phone parts, try JJIA1 - considered one of the most stable and balanced performing phone part (they control the signal quality etc)

CPU is anyways explicitly controlled in the ROMs

Users of previous ROMs can download the updates by dowloading individual cabs

Opera link fix cab

XCPUScalar optimisation - CPUAutoload

Titanium Metro

2 x square icons start menu 3 x hex icons start menu

screenshot2pq.pngscreenshot1kb.png

LZX compression is used at it saves about 10 Megs difference while being 1-4% slower than XPR.

LG sys 236xx is my personal favourite. It is very stable and very fast. Battery usage is much better. If you have issues with wifi, please try 290xx.

I have included XCPUScalar with auto load (explicit control by xcpuscalar rather than using built in speedstep) - Makes it snappier.

If you refer to run at a fix speed. run xcpuscalar from start menu and uncheck auto load (click end call to go to home screen).

If you want to view current speed, you can enable view taskbar CPU meter. (it only display partially as this app was designed for wm5 and is there for not adapted to slim taskbar

XCPUScalar 3.03

XDA_UC

FTouchSL 2.10 - lite

Scroll engine

Torchbutton

nueSIPDefault (Start Menu >> Utilities, ensure your keyboard preference is maintained on reboot)

Apps that can be removed:

CleanRAM

Slide2Shutdown

WM7 dialer

Omnia Apps:

Samsung MMS

Media Album

FM Radio

Volume Control (Black)

Samsung Keyboards

Opera

Other:

Office 2010

Windows Live

Microsoft MyPhone

Microsoft Marketplace

CleanTemp

Metro Titanium

WM7 like Startup and Shutdown animation

My WM7 Metro Titanium & Start Menu design & SMS Skin

WM7 Metro theme

Acknowledgements:

I could not have done without the work of the following :

OCK - for his long continued ROM building work. your's was the first ever i900 ROM i used.

Yonn - for uploading his copy of oskitchen with Ext and Projects to get people like me onboard and building excellent ROMs.

nickschot (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=663064) - for the lovely Windows Phone 7 theme

Cendaryn (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=651045) for animated bootscreen and welcome head. Might take icons next time around

DFT - for their hard work on getting the ROMs from emulator builds

Everyone trying it and giving me feedback

Previous ROMs

Fifth ROM - Titanium:

Sys 22047 - Sony Ericsson, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4921 (Sep 26, 2010 5:16:11 PM)

Lite Normal

Sys 23152 - COM3 / HTC, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4175 (Nov 23, 2010 2:29:41 PM)

Lite Normal

Sys 23699 - LG, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4600 (Nov 04, 2010 3:44:02 PM)

Lite Normal

Sys 28244 - WMD, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 5224 (Oct 24, 2010 3:57:09 PM)

Lite Normal

Sys 29007 - Unknown, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 6207 (Sep 23 2010 3:48:35 PM)

Lite Normal

Fourth ROM - Titanium:

Sys 23152 - COM3 / HTC Branch, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4175 (Nov 23, 2010 14:29:41)

Sys 23698 - LG Electronics Branch, Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4599 (Oct 24 2010 15:44:24)

Thrid ROM - Lite (non Titanium):

Download ROM 6.5.3 23698 Lite LZX

Second ROM with Host 1.5 (non Titanium)

Download ROM 6.5.3 23680

First ROM with Host 1.5 (non Titanium)

Download ROM 6.5.3 25018

Host 1.5 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=685928

OBS OBS !!!

NORTON IS 2010 FOUND VIRUS

SE PICTURE BELOW

REGARDSpost-898759-1308980422_thumb.jpg

Guest Hermit Dave
OBS OBS !!!

NORTON IS 2010 FOUND VIRUS

SE PICTURE BELOW

REGARDSpost-898759-1308980422_thumb.jpg

i think its a false positive. most ROM installers do a lot of stuff that like open ports and writing data. its easy to confuse these as a virus.

BTW Norton is one of the worst tools out there... though that is my personal opinion.

If in doubt delete the file.

I used standard tools for ROM creation and there is no chance of a virus unless the hosting company is injecting them.

Guest blade87

Norton really does detect some (or maybe "a lot" is the better word here) files as viruses, which are false positives. I'm currently using it too (Norton) and I've added a lot of folders to the antivirus exclusions list, because it deletes anything that it suspects to be a virus.

I downloaded the same file, turned off the antivirus protection (because otherwise Norton will delete immediately after the download process is complete), started the file, left the window open for 2 minutes and now after 30 minutes there is still no strange behavior or viruses in sight. This file is safe. It really is a false positive.

Edited by blade87

Guest Hermit Dave
Norton really does detect some (or maybe "a lot" is the better word here) files as viruses, which are false positives. I'm currently using it too (Norton) and I've added a lot of folders to the antivirus exclusions list, because it deletes anything that it suspects to be a virus.

I downloaded the same file, turned off the antivirus protection (because otherwise Norton will delete immediately after the download process is complete), started the file, left the window open for 2 minutes and now after 30 minutes there is still no strange behavior or viruses in sight. This file is safe. It really is a false positive.

i have had a couple of thousand downloads of ROMs and this is the first time someone has reported it. Plus i have used my own installers (the last one was when i build last ROM in April)

Guest seemingreflection

Great rom m8, just what i was looking for! Excellent work! What i like about these clean ROMs, is that you get the best of the device and costomize it how u want it. Once again - great work!

Guest Hermit Dave
Great rom m8, just what i was looking for! Excellent work! What i like about these clean ROMs, is that you get the best of the device and costomize it how u want it. Once again - great work!

glad you like the build mate.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Viciousman

Hello... I have installed your Latest ROM.

I can't use the video call... Did you disable it? If not, what's the procedure to make a Video call?

Guest Hermit Dave
Hello... I have installed your Latest ROM.

I can't use the video call... Did you disable it? If not, what's the procedure to make a Video call?

yes i personally never use it and so i removed it from the ROM.

I unfortunately dont have kitchen any more so you can download my kitchen, open the lite / normal project and build it yourself (there is an option in EXT)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest varta

hi, your rom looks really good (29020, latest), but I am not able to calibrate the screen. Please can anyone help me?

Thanks

edit: Never mind, the touchscreen became unresponsive so I switched to OCK's ROM.

Edited by varta