MoDaCo Custom r1 Beta discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest objpath

First of all: Thank you Paul for spending time on this. After all the wait there's someone spending development time on the Tab.

Screen Timeout

For everyone suffering from not working screen timeouts. You can fix this by going through the following steps:

Settings -> Applications -> Manager Applications -> Running -> Dialer -> Force stop

This is required once every reboot. I have no idea why the Dialer process inhibits the screen from dimming, but well, it's at least a interim solution. Alternatively you can do this with 'Dialer Storage', too.

Tested with Beta 4.

Wireless Disconnects

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution for this issue. While wireless stays enable, the connection drops and will not reconnect without manual intervention.

Other than that, Beta 4 is in very pleasant shape, thanks Paul!

Edit: If one would please care to take this over to XDA, I'm not allowed to post there (<10 posts) and don't have any motivation to post nonsense posts to their non-development section in order to be allowed in the MoDaCo thread ;-)

Edited by objpath

Guest rob61280

Would it be possible to include the stock calendar app in this rom? The samsung calendar doesn't seem to sync with google as well.

Thanks for the great rom

Rob

I realize that. I've checked zip file, and rebooted in recovery mode, selected the zip for beta 4, and tried to flash (using Clockwork.....) All the messages seem to show success, but Tab remains on beta 1

Will try again tomorrow, or just wait for GA of MCR as it seems to be OK.

All sorted - realised I was getting confused between "sdcard" and "external-sdcard" - the zip file needed to be on the external card. Now flashed. Swype keyboard much better after a "clear data", and much more useful when in landscape mode.

Looking forward to the full MCR.

Jonathan

Guest terminal 7

im confused by the 'settings fix' update...

i dont have any problem with any of my settings menus! - does this mean i really dont need to flash the latest update with setting fix ?

seems odd that mine works without the fix or is it only affecting some tabs ?

(( best rom ever - really love my tab since MCR ))

Guest JCB_Digger

I installed Beta4 yesterday from a wipe install and can confirm that the WIFI Disconnects, other than that it's a very swift and stable ROM, nice to have all the sensors working again (it's no fun at all having X-Plane going round and round in circles on the runway).

Thanks Paul!

Guest mniewiera

i also installed beta4 yesterday, did a wipe coming from (locked)jmc.

i also got the problem with the not working display timeout. will try to stop the dialer service as suggested.

edit:

stopping the dialer (or in german "wählen") worked. display does timeout after 1 minute.

@bartito

read the post from objpath . stopping the service worked for me.

Edited by mniewiera

Guest trektech
Working on the WiFi disconnects now...!

P

3G connection also is the same as the wireless connection. data still connected but unable to continue surfing....

New release! ;)

P

Changelog

Beta 5 31/Jan

• Reboot on power button menu
  • Added download mode option to reboot app
  • Performance optimisations
  • WiFi disconnect fix
  • Backlight fix

Guest gertitombo
Download is not working.... file is only 704Bytes......

Br Robert

Same problem here when I try to download zip file from my TAB.

Anyone got solution without using pc/laptop?

Thx

Guest ramboky
why Im missing my pda and csc?

PDA and CSC have been missing since Beta 2. It's not a serious issue so I expect it's not high on Paul's list. You can check your versions using "Check Fus" from the market.

You can also try *#*#44336#*#* - it shows PDA but CSC appears as "unknown" (at least it does in Beta 4).

Guest ramboky

Thx

I tried multiple browsers on the tab (Stock, Miren, xScope) and all failed to download the rom.

Thx

I use Firefox to download directly on the Tab

Edited by 2300s

Guest stevenz
Has anyone else noticed the battery seems to charge a lot quicker over USB in JMG?

Can't say I've noticed. Better power management in the radio perhaps?

Speaking of which, have you got the updated "fixed" GPS libraries in the MCR firmware?