What's your uptime?

Guest weba

What's Your Uptime?

Someone in the JJ thread remarked that forumites here don't generally post to say that their ROM is doing just fine. By and large, we will only see posts detailing the problems/bugs and their solutions.

I thought that this thread could be a bit of fun, and perhaps provide some insight as to what ROMs have been genuinely stable for you. A decent way to do that would an Uptime competition!

So here it is: post screenshots of your uptime as shown in Spare Part>Battery Information, and help us out by stating which ROM you are using. Of course, we tend to reboot a lot being a bunch of phone-geeks, but I have found that I'm the happiest I've been on JJ9, and won't be rebooting for a while yet. My phone is now a phone! How about you?

Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 + hardware acceleration, 32MB VM size, no addons:

post-766597-1296036154_thumb.jpg

Edited by weba

Guest Xenon0816

Lol yesterday I rebooted my phone, as I installed JJ9, but before this reboot I was on JJ7 and my uptime was approx. 150 hours :lol:. Don't have a screenshot though...

JJ is by far the most stable rom I teted so far!

Guest mELIANTE

My record is 300+h with Seb404's de-orangeated. A really great Eclair ROM.

I'm now testing Japanese Jellyfish but had some reboots already :lol:

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Phil001

This thread is just what i need today, currently on MCR 2.1, waiting for pauls froyo to be bug free but dont want to wait any more!

So was considering a different rom, hopefully this thread will help me chose a stable, easy to set up rom...

Edited by Phil001

Great idea, but I know I'll never win!

I am forever rebooting to tweak my phone in some way.

All I can say is that I'm running Pauls Froyo r11 and the only reboots I've had so far have been deliberate.

I might try to abstain from fiddling with it (ooh err Missus!) and see how long it will stay up for (this is just getting worse!) :lol:

Guest The Soup Thief
Great idea, but I know I'll never win!

I am forever rebooting to tweak my phone in some way.

All I can say is that I'm running Pauls Froyo r11 and the only reboots I've had so far have been deliberate.

I might try to abstain from fiddling with it (ooh err Missus!) and see how long it will stay up for (this is just getting worse!) :lol:

Arf arf!

In truth though, I'll second that

The only times I've rebooted lately have been to do a little bit of elective brain surgery

Can't remember any freezes or other adverse events in the last few weeks on any of FLB Froyo or Paul's later ROMS - R11 seems steady as a rock, though I still switched it off and on again a few times to install new clockwork etc

Whaddaya know - maybe, since it's wednesday, I have the fabled perfect ROM

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest thejeff

380 hours, with FLB-Froyo r6.

It kept rebooting while I was on holiday, so I guess the Blade doesn't like an ambient temperature of 32 C with no breeze and high humidity. I don't think it's ever died since I've been back in Blighty. The only reboots since then have been forced by me, I think because I downloaded some dodgy apps.

Guest The Soup Thief

As the thread subtitle says, "A topic for the stable among us..."

It kinda rules out compulsive flashers

But then I'm back to Stooby's mucky inuendos... :lol:

380 hours, with FLB-Froyo r6.

It kept rebooting while I was on holiday, so I guess the Blade doesn't like an ambient temperature of 32 C with no breeze and high humidity. I don't think it's ever died since I've been back in Blighty. The only reboots since then have been forced by me, I think because I downloaded some dodgy apps.

Funnily enough I rebooted after starting this thread because of a dodgy app. I think I've experimented enough for now, and I'm pleased enough with my setup to keep it going for as long as I can until the next big thing. Soft reboots FTW :lol:

Guest t0mm13b

Can you not cheat here....?

consider the fact the handset is rooted anyway... by cat'ng 2 values of uptime in seconds to /proc/uptime? :lol:

Am joking here... ok....

2G uptime or 3G uptime?

2G is generally 5 days

3G is 72 hours tops

This thread is not about how long your battery lasts, but how long you're phone has been on since last boot

105h at the moment on JJr8 (and 4 days w/o charging :lol: )

Did not even had a forced close until now.

post-797585-1296127653_thumb.png

edit: screenshot added

Edited by lo0p