GREEK 2.2 Froyo official release late March 2011

Guest aristarhos

Guest Evanb78
No, normal use. Some phone calls, internet (mostly Wifi), but very few gaming sessions.

I guess it's the last point that saves a lot of battery :)

Then you probably have a magic battery or Paul's Froyo ROM has very good battery power management. :lol:

I don't play any games either, but WiFi is the most important power drain cause in any phone. How many hours do you use WiFi per day?

Guest Stryke69

I have tasker with that my wifi is only on when really needed. And yes Krinyo, I'm not a heavy surfer with the Blade (at home i have my notebook for that), so I guess it's about 2 hours a day

Thats amazing, 8 hours of internet use, phone calls and a little gaming and your battery lasts 4 days?

WOW.

There must be something wrong with my Blade....

Guest twatter
Thats amazing, 8 hours of internet use, phone calls and a little gaming and your battery lasts 4 days?

WOW.

The spec says four hours of calls...? For me 1 to 2 days depending how much internet and calls.

Games / movies etc - only for travelling - next week - snowboarding cool

Guest Anjan Tek

Doesn't WiFi disconnect and go to sleep as soon as the phone goes to sleep?

I understand that that problem still exists in all ROMs (it certainly does on JJ9). Or am I mistaken?

Guest Magnets

WOW.

That's what I am thinking. 8 hours of wifi usage/browsing seems slightly unbelievable.

Guest Rotmann

My wife gets 3-4 days but uses the phone on wi-fi 10-15 minutes a day for e-mails, facebook and yahoo messenger. She calls and sends SMS very rare, no mobile data access for her. Using browsing on wi-fi 8 hours and still getting 4 days of stand-by MINIMUM is utopic, sorry (not just for the Blade but just for every smartphone out there). She is on Seb's de-softened Froyo with the new kernel and all fixes.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Len Ash
My wife gets 3-4 days but uses the phone on wi-fi 10-15 minutes a day for e-mails, facebook and yahoo messenger. She calls and sends SMS very rare, no mobile data access for her. Using browsing on wi-fi 8 hours and still getting 4 days of stand-by MINIMUM is utopic, sorry (not just for the Blade but just for every smartphone out there). She is on Seb's de-softened Froyo with the new kernel and all fixes.

Without wishing to hijack this "Greek (Grecian?) ROM" thread too much - I get up to 3 days with relative ease on a mixed bag of usage. I have 2 Blades - a TFT that was running MCR r11 and now Sebs R0.2 and an OLED running JJ9 and no added fluff. All builds will last 3 days unless I do something out of the ordinary. And I autosync plenty with location too. Provided you haven't got hideous "insomniac" apps or play games and have autobrightness set and WiFi sleeping with display off, then why not?

Incidentally, there appears to be no obvious difference between the battery consumption of my OLED and TFT. I DO take care to ensure the OLED has dark backgrounds/wallpapers to minimise power usage. The TFT is screen content agnostic in this respect.

For what it's worth.

Edited by Len Ash