[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Lassito

I currently have Jelly Fish RSL9 on my ZTE. I have to watch to install this ROM because of the partition or can I just play on it with Clockwormod?

Edited by Lassito

I can confirm that this ROM seems quite stable and I haven't found any bugs yet (sorry, I don't use Facebook or Twitter so I cannot make any comments on that part).

Is there a way how to add a "reject call with sms" functionality, which is present in the Modaco custom roms?

Edited by Viruss

Guest Mr Tiko
This rom is so perfect that it wont let me sign in with my google account..

tryd both r0.1 and r0.2. My internet connection works fine.. I have tested with and without wifi, doesent help.

I have the same problem..

I couldn't sign in the google account during the initial setup as well, but after rebooting and skipping the gmail account part I found out that the google account is set up just fine.

Guest mELIANTE
I currently have Jelly Fish RSL9 on my ZTE. I have to watch to install this ROM because of the partition or can I just play on it with Clockwormod?

I believe it (r0.2) can be installed as is in a 128MB partition, I think system is only ~120MB in size now.

I had some issues with the google account as well, not sure what the problem was. It wouldn't/couldn't communicate with google over 3g or wifi initially. After a few tries and reboots, I got it to work over 3g by trying to use the market.

I also whipped up a quick gingerbreadish theme, credit to Frankish and his guide btw. It's slightly modded with the clock and ticker text matching the grey icon colours rather than white.

I don't think I'll have the time to do a complete set like Frankish has done for other "firmwares" but if I do I'll open a thread in the themes section.

post-780581-1296237861_thumb.png

link: Gingerbread for Seb's Now working on Clockworkmod 3.x.x.x and Signed to work with nandroid restores

stock theme here

Edited by jt_mcg

@jt_mcg

Love it, thanks alot!

Working flawlessly here.

Thanks, I'm getting a little advice from Frankish and I'll hopefully be able to do some of the other themes too.

For now use at your own risk and hopefully I'll get all the kinks ironed out!

Guest mELIANTE
No facebook sync

You can have it if you make a splice between this rom and jellyfish, replacing com.android.contacts.apk and com.android.providers.contacts.apk with contacts.apk and contactsprovider.apk from jellyfish ;)

Now, what is the contacts joining problem?

Edited by mELIANTE

You can have it if you make a splice between this rom and jellyfish, replacing com.android.contacts.apk and com.android.providers.contacts.apk with contacts.apk and contactsprovider.apk from jellyfish ;)

Now, what is the contacts joining problem?

the joining problem: there is no menu-point for joining ;-)

the syncing-problem: its not that easy, I tried it with the two files from JJ9, but didn't work

btw: more important for me would be A2SD (I don't like the APP2SD feature)

Guest mELIANTE
the joining problem: there is no menu-point for joining ;-)

the syncing-problem: its not that easy, I tried it with the two files from JJ9, but didn't work

btw: more important for me would be A2SD (I don't like the APP2SD feature)

Well, that's what I did in mine and I got facebook sync going, or at least there are the options for that, don't know if that is normal to be honest.

I switched the Launcher with the one from Nexus One FRF91 update.

I mainly did this to get the default dialler and get rid of the smart dialler, as I think it's ugly ;)

PS: Forgot to say that I deleted smartdialer from the app folder. And I did made the changes to the rom itself, not after flashing.

Edited by mELIANTE

The theme I uploaded won't play nice when restoring a nandroid/clockwork backup.

It resulted in a boot loop for me so I pulled the battery, made a stock theme and installed it normally and then rebooted fine with my backup and the stock theme in place.

Here's the stock theme.

You may want to keep it on your sd card just in case.

Sebastian, I'll happily work over the nest few days on porting some of Frankish's Themes if there are no imminent changes coming to framework-res or services.jar and you let me know what key I need to use to sign the apk to avoid restoring issues and the extra hassle involved.

Thanks

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Sebastian404
Sebastian, I'll happily work over the nest few days on porting some of Frankish's Themes if there are no imminent changes coming to framework-res or services.jar and you let me know what key I need to use to sign the apk to avoid restoring issues and the extra hassle involved.

I signed it using the 'standard' developer key... check out this thread that should tell you all you need to know.

I'm not currently aware of any thing that would make me change framework-res... there are a few posts here that I'm going to review and see if I can re-produce and fix... I will let you know if I find anything worrying tho

Guest Len Ash
I signed it using the 'standard' developer key... check out this thread that should tell you all you need to know.

I'm not currently aware of any thing that would make me change framework-res... there are a few posts here that I'm going to review and see if I can re-produce and fix... I will let you know if I find anything worrying tho

With a few "personal" amendments (mainly deleting test apps and adding my own apps) plus a few very minor tweaks, this ROM is a keeper. Well done!

I've been running it hard on my TFT "testbed" for a couple of days in both fixed R0.1 and R0.2 and apart from the Google Account weirdness, no issues. I've changed uk to gb locale in build.prop, by the way, as well as playing elsewhere.

I have even CW installed Frankish's JJ Circle Battery Mod and that seems OK. I would ask why I can't just push the framework-res file and it work? More for interest... and future ref. Permissions? Signing?

Cheers

Edited by Len Ash

Thanks, I'll look at that and Frankish has helped point me in the right direction too.

As for the changes, whatever you may need to change is far more important and I understand that completely. I was just hoping that if I found some time over the weekend to get these done I wouldn't be surprised by changes that you may have had on the agenda today or were currently uploading at 4 k/sec!!

Has something change here for A2SD. I load r0.2 fine, via CW. I have my SD as FAT32 primary, 512MB EXT primary (same as always and a set up that has worked on all the several roms I've tried previously). Immediately it boots up I'm installing Quick System Info and checking under Basic Info and A2SD is showing 'Information not available'. This doesn't require EXT3 or something else does it ?

thanks.

EDIT: weird...under settings--applications I can actually more apps to my SDCard !! WTF....Quick System Info is at ver 1.6.5

EDIT2: All ok now.. its picked it up after a reboot. got me worried for a while there...

will be trying this one out on my spare SF to compare against JJFS RLS9 that I'm running as my main.

thanks for another sweet rom sebastian404.. ;)

Edited by xzyk

Guest popoyaya

Looks like the best "stock" rom yet, but we need someone (kk?) to recompile with all the latest tweaks and features, ie overclocking, facebook sync, contact joining, etc.

Guest johannes140
With a few "personal" amendments (mainly deleting test apps and adding my own apps) plus a few very minor tweaks, this ROM is a keeper. Well done!

Testing this right now.

Made some changes to the rom but until now it is extremely stable. Been using Jellyfish for a couple of days and had some stability issues, hope it gets better with this one, as I bet it will, Seb404's roms never let me down ;)

May i ask what you two changed exactly? Also, how did you get rid of the Smartdialer completely, isn't it part of Contacts/Phone apks? Thanks for your help! :-)

Edited by johannes140

Having installed r0.2 I can't get Titanium Backup to obtain root rights and I can't try reinstalling Superuser as I can't get root rights for SystemApp Remover either. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Sorted it out by going into task manager and clearing SuperUser's data.

Edited by ffooky

Guest Len Ash
Looks like the best "stock" rom yet, but we need someone (kk?) to recompile with all the latest tweaks and features, ie overclocking, facebook sync, contact joining, etc.

That isn't the point of this ROM though. I suspect the majority of users want a working phone as a base, rather than a pseudo-Nintendo. KK and his developments are a different branch to this. So any tweaks would surely be done under KKs wing well away from this development.

What this gives us is a solid and unmolested base to build on to suit our *phones*. And it does that rather well so far.