[ROM] AOSP 2.3 CM7-a1 Advent Vega

Guest Buzing Bee

Guest Buzing Bee

I know all you guys have been waiting for 2.3 on the vega well here it is :lol: its very raw and probably not good enough for every day use.The build is at the same stage as the gtab so it has all the same bugs and so on as the gtab plus a few more just for us lol :-D(as we don't have kernel source yet :-( ).

There will be little support if any for this build as i am currently working on a LOT of stuff. But when we get kernel source i can work some more on this :-)

Please have the stock rom and nvflash ready in-case u have to recover from this :-D

Nither me or the cyanogenmod team are responsible for any damage caused by this rom weather that is bricking your device, eating babies, global warming or your house burning down !

[What Doesnt Work]

- Sensors (camera + rotation)

- HW video decoding -- same as gtab (some versions of rock-player do work tho look in the gtab forum for that)

[What Does Work]

- Everything Else !

- No More BlackScreenOfDeath !!

[Requirements]

- Advent Vega (ovb)

- ClockworkMod 2.x.x

[install]

the normal way in clockworkmod :-D

[Download]

HERE !

[Credits]

- Bekit + sceptrr for the original gtab vendor setup

- CyanogenMod team for there awesome src :)

- Anyone else i missed

Guest Buzing Bee

Just so no one gets there hopes up ... the kernel source doesn't mean 2.3 for vega will be finished quickly ..... it will help incredibly but its not the silver bullet as such :lol:

Guest armdroid
Just so no one gets there hopes up ... the kernel source doesn't mean 2.3 for vega will be finished quickly ..... it will help incredibly but its not the silver bullet as such :lol:

Installed your ROM last night, looking very good for an initial release.

Thanks for all the work.

Guest Sir Gash

Thanks Buzing Bee, this is a very good start!

There are a couple of things that I like about this ROM:

- The volume works correctly (in other Vega ROMs, increasing the volume beyond 50% has no effect)

- Wi-Fi doesn't switch off in standby (it adheres to the WiFi Sleep Policy)

Can just these elements be fixed/ported to a standard 1.06/1.08 ROM?

This ROM needs a lot of work to be usable daily, such as home, back and menu buttons in the notification bar, market etc.. Also, sometimes pressing the power button goes into Phone and there is no menu button which can make things very difficult! Also, why doesn't the screen off/screen on animation work (enabled in CyanogenMod Settings)? I think this is the best feature of Gingerbread!

Haven't played around it with it long enough but good work so far. You get all the Cyanogen goodies and fixes including the power buttons in the notification bar and many UI tweaks and options (haven't checked CIFS yet but OpenVPN support is included).

By the way, are you sure the BSOD issues are resolved and if so, how?

Can you post screenshots?

This is pointless really, it is just ADW Launcher which you can install on any ROM to see what it looks like! I was going to make one anyway but it seems the usual method of taking screenshots isn't working with this ROM.

Edited by Sir Gash

This is pointless really, it is just ADW Launcher which you can install on any ROM to see what it looks like! I was going to make one anyway but it seems the usual method of taking screenshots isn't working with this ROM.

Don''t worry!

I'm using CyanogenMod Roms since I had my Magic. Now, I'm using CM7 on my Nexus One

Guest Lennyuk
Thanks Buzing Bee, this is a very good start!

There are a couple of things that I like about this ROM:

- The volume works correctly (in other Vega ROMs, increasing the volume beyond 50% has no effect)

- Wi-Fi doesn't switch off in standby (it adheres to the WiFi Sleep Policy)

Can just these elements be fixed/ported to a standard 1.06/1.08 ROM?

This ROM needs a lot of work to be usable daily, such as home, back and menu buttons in the notification bar, market etc.. Also, sometimes pressing the power button goes into Phone and there is no menu button which can make things very difficult! Also, why doesn't the screen off/screen on animation work (enabled in CyanogenMod Settings)? I think this is the best feature of Gingerbread!

Haven't played around it with it long enough but good work so far. You get all the Cyanogen goodies and fixes including the power buttons in the notification bar and many UI tweaks and options (haven't checked CIFS yet but OpenVPN support is included).

By the way, are you sure the BSOD issues are resolved and if so, how?

Regarding the animations, do you have animations set to "fast" in spare parts? they need to be on normal for them to show.

And you can install and use "button saviour" as a replacement for the shortcuts in the notifications bar.

Guest Sir Gash
Regarding the animations, do you have animations set to "fast" in spare parts? they need to be on normal for them to show.

And you can install and use "button saviour" as a replacement for the shortcuts in the notifications bar.

I'll try Spare Parts soon. Didn't have time to get Market working to download Button Saviour.

I have put this on hold for now, done a nandroid backup to get back to it later as I wanted to restore my previous ROM to play around with Paul's new kernel :lol:

Edited by Sir Gash

Guest nickwarn

I just want to say thank you. I think it runs smooth and that it is fit to use as a daily rom. Im so looking forward to your update. maybe you could include the themes you removed, i miss androdiani and cyanbread. Also bluetooth dont work, thats no big deal for me i dont use it.

There are actually a few tiny things that make CM stand out amongst others. Some of them are so tiny, i don't recall them at this point. Two of them stand out for me:

Power toggles in notification area:

http://www.master-chief.nl/device.png

Rotary or Slide unlock screen:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT...B2RB3Ew&t=1

Other than that, i agree, screenshots pointless. Everything else can be tweaked in the CM7 settings area on this rom.

Guest nickwarn

Im daying for an update for this rom. Its so smooth and all of a sudden its starting to lagg. Its a shame i really want to use it. I have Cyanogen 7 on my Desire HD and absoluty love it. Maybe development has stopped for this rom. I so Apache was back making kernels for Desire HD. So maybe he put us on hold. Hope not