Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Scanno
Strange...

I get errors when I want to get the android 4.0.4 source:

http://pastebin.com/R1pfwrxg

Google isn't much of a help on this one either.

Got any ideas?

Areo

Have the same problem yesterday. I guess the demand on downloading 4.0.4 is a bit too much at the moment....

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Vision met Tapatalk

Guest brucelee666

Seems we have to wait. I will try later tonight again.

Also do we need all the libs from vegaics?

Kind Regards,

Areo

Areo,

When I downloaded 4.0.4 a few days ago it had the same problem, just keep doing a repo sync and it will eventually complete download - it did for me anyway.

Re. libs see my post 31/3 (prev page) about libs, option 4 link does have new libs for 4.0.4 on nvidia graphics side which you may want to look at.

Areo,

When I downloaded 4.0.4 a few days ago it had the same problem, just keep doing a repo sync and it will eventually complete download - it did for me anyway.

Re. libs see my post 31/3 (prev page) about libs, option 4 link does have new libs for 4.0.4 on nvidia graphics side which you may want to look at.

I already tried a hundred times but it won't even start :( well I keep trying.

Ok, will look at the libs later, first I need to download this thing and compile it.

Maybe you can compile it today? The lunch target is posted and you already have the source while scanno and myself still need to download the source.

Kind Regards,

Areo

edit: I hope the new graphic libs from nvidia fix our video lag and our flash lag (full screen mode).

Edited by Areo

Guest Scanno

I already tried a hundred times but it won't even start well I keep trying.

Ok, will look at the libs later, first I need to download this thing and compile it.

Maybe you can compile it today? The lunch target is posted and you already have the source while scanno and myself still need to download the source.

Kind Regards,

Areo

edit: I hope the new graphic libs from nvidia fix our video lag and our flash lag (full screen mode).

well i have the cm9 4.04 source, but not the AOSP source......Was trying to build for my htc desireZ yesterday, but was not succesfull yet..... Today i have no time. Hopefully i have some time tomorrow.

Edited by Scanno

well i have the cm9 4.04 source, but not the AOSP source......Was trying to build for my htc desireZ yesterday, but was not succesfull yet..... Today i have no time. Hopefully i have some time tomorrow.

I am not a fan of CM (altough I do like the bootanimation of CM9). But maybe there are some people. You can give it a shot compiling it with the shuttle lunch target Eduardo provided.

I am still trying to pull the android 4.0.4 source...

To Eduardo:

Could you post your compiled wifi fix? Is it just libs (ar6000.ko etc.) or also changes in the kernel?

Kind Regards,

Areo

Guest ejtagle

Thanks :). One more question: Do I need all the libs from VegaICS beta? I think I can compile it to night.

Kind Regards,

Areo

Not at all. All libs will be generated by the AOSP build process, except the graphics libs. Those libs are the ones google released as a binary package. I suggest using the 4.0.4 nvidia graphics libs package. That should be the only thing needed.

It just doesn't want to compile.

Log Ubuntu 10.04.4: http://pastebin.com/MCjZQK1z

Log Ubuntu 11.04: http://pastebin.com/m3mrNEjL

And this is what I get on 11.04 when I use gcc 4.4: http://pastebin.com/hD2QXf3q

I tried Java JDK 6, Open JDK 6. Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS, Ubuntu 11.04. Tried it on 2 pc's.

Could it be something in the luch?

I hope we can solve this soon, because then we endly have android 4.0.4.

Btw I got the 4.0.4 nvidia drivers but not sure where to put them exactly. I am thinking about putting them in lib when compiling is done.

Kind Regards,

Areo

Edited by Areo

Guest brucelee666

Areo,

My initial thoughts, tried to compile yesterday and also did not work (did not think it would but does point to possible places to fix lunch).

I think you should be looking at the device.mk and amending this, for example:-

It seems to stop as no /kernel - I create a kernel dir in shuttle folder and added zImage and got past this error.

Then it will hit an error as there is no uventd.shuttle.rc in Eduardos lunch so it will stop again.

So you need to go through this device.mk and amend/update with filenames/locations, this will also point to where you would place the nvidia proprietary files.

In Eduardos lunch setup there is a folder "proprietary" the device.mk details the files it copies from here to the appropriate system folder locations when it builds the image - this is where I think you place the libs/binaries.

You are going to need libs/binaries from beta1 (for wlan) / nvidia 4.0.4 graphics / possible other proprietary not built as part of aosp but you should get an idea from looking at device.mk and checking what cass included in beta1.

Edited by brucelee666

Areo,

My initial thoughts, tried to compile yesterday and also did not work (did not think it would but does point to possible places to fix lunch).

I think you should be looking at the device.mk and amending this, for example:-

It seems to stop as no /kernel - I create a kernel dir in shuttle folder and added zImage and got past this error.

Then it will hit an error as there is no uventd.shuttle.rc in Eduardos lunch so it will stop again.

So you need to go through this device.mk and amend/update with filenames/locations, this will also point to where you would place the nvidia proprietary files.

In Eduardos lunch setup there is a folder "proprietary" the device.mk details the files it copies from here to the appropriate system folder locations when it builds the image - this is where I think you place the libs/binaries.

You are going to need libs/binaries from beta1 (for wlan) / nvidia 4.0.4 graphics / possible other proprietary not built as part of aosp but you should get an idea from looking at device.mk and checking what cass included in beta1.

I will take a look later tonight.

I did notice that Cass used the ventana lunch...I don't know if he made any adjustments but he did not use the shuttle lunch.

Maybe we can get some settings of the ventana lunch?

Areo

Guest brucelee666

Have posted a couple of times now since Eduardo released his device/lunch setup and forgot to thank him, so I apologise for not doing so earlier but thank you for posting it.

As you said needs some tweaking but getting there, last problem was on wpa_supplicant:-

Forgot to copy your updated ics-ar600x support-src over, now question should this be ok to copy over 4.0.4 files or does it need amending as it was previously for 4.0.3 ?

edit:- copied over files and started again so will see if it works

Edited by brucelee666

@brucelee666

I just passed the kernel problem. But do you think you can compile 4.0.4 correctly tonight?

If yes could you post your updated lunch? So we can also have a go with it?

And don't forgot a lot of parts have to be squashed before it works with our kernel.

How to squash:

Download squashfs from the download center (ubuntu)

Then in terminal (for example lib)

squashfs lib lib.sfs -always-use-fragments

Also maybe smart to check for unneeded apps like nfc.apk etc.

Also could you post compiled 4.0.4 when done?

Thanks in advance :).

@Eduardo

I thought I already thanked you for the lunch target but thanks again.

A long time ago I read on this thread you were talking about a 3.0 kernel. Is it correct that we are still on 2.9?

Will it help us to move to 3.0? Or are there big issues?

And do you have enough time to bother with kernel development. Because you are our biggest source of fixes :P. Or should I be less enthousiastic with asking so many questions

But to continue with annoying questions:

I read that you fixed wifi, could you post the fix?

What's your biggest priority for tablet development right now?

I don't know what you are doing behind the scenes but in my humble opinion I think developing had it's low point for a few weeks. Can we expect a lot of fixes soon?

Can we help instead of asking so many questions?:P

Thanks for all your work on this tablet :). It woudn't be half as good without you!

Just needed that off my mind, hope you don't mind.

Kind Regards,

Areo

Guest brucelee666

Areo,

It's compiling now so will have a better idea later tonight, if it works will post details and any files required for anyone else who wants to try.

Yes aware of squashfs requirement and already have it installed, thanks.

re. kernel, yes still on 2.39.4 you can get 3.1 from nvidia git and Eduardo did release an initial patch for this not sure if Cass tried it but not compiled it myself to see if it works.

Edit- they updated 3.1 kernel 5days ago so maybe Eduardos patch will need updating

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Scanno
Areo,

It's compiling now so will have a better idea later tonight, if it works will post details and any files required for anyone else who wants to try.

Yes aware of squashfs requirement and already have it installed, thanks.

Compiling here also on aosp. Lets see how far i get

Downloaded the nvidia files for 4.0.4, but in the make file there are more mentioned. Added a zImage. Did not put the ar6000 sources yet. Oh yes i renamed the uventd.ventana.rc to uventd.shuttle.rc

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Vision met Tapatalk

Edited by Scanno

Guest brucelee666

Now stopped compiling due to a problem with netd, looks like just copying Eduardos ar6000 src updates did not work.

Will need to look into code further later and see if î can find the problem.

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Cass67

Looks like ive not missed much during my hiatus ;) ... so from reading back where i left off .... in no particular order ..

1) i compile AOSP with 4GB ram .. i dont need 22gb at all .. i have 8GB now so maybe faster to compile

2) ill pull 4.0.4 and compile as soon as i get time, planning this weekend as ill have time im sure.

3) I need to read up on the changes made since the weeks im AWOL

4) i dont use Ventana lunch, i use Wingray - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6167909/wingray.tar.gz (not named for Vega; use as is, ill get to tuning it, not sure if its current either, it will compile though)

5) Glad you all caught the probs i see every update with .rep ;)

If i missed anything else ill see later, skimmed over for now ...

Cheers

Cass

Guest brucelee666

Cass,

Glad to see you back, trying to compile 4.0.4 using Eduardos device/lunch setup just working through errors when I hit them (seems to be going ok).

Yeah not much changed, new touchscreen driver from Eduardo, fixes for 3g from Eduardo but he thinks it needs changed at framework level as it still was not working.

I compiled kernel with new touchscreen and released boot image so people have using it and it seems ok no problems reported.

Scanno been releasing cwm updates for boots and updated gapps also.

Been playing with changing the dithering to ordered instead if errdiff and seems to make vega snappier in use, upped sysctl vm.minfree from 16384 to 24576 makes stock browser a bit more stable, reduced framebuffer 2 to 8mb same as 1 but don't have cable to check hdmi still works ok but sure I seen acer a200 kernel with both set to 8mb so should - you may want to check when you get a chance to see if these make a difference.

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Cass67

Cass,

Glad to see you back, trying to compile 4.0.4 using Eduardos device/lunch setup just working through errors when I hit them (seems to be going ok).

Yeah not much changed, new touchscreen driver from Eduardo, fixes for 3g from Eduardo but he thinks it needs changed at framework level as it still was not working.

I compiled kernel with new touchscreen and released boot image so people have using it and it seems ok no problems reported.

Scanno been releasing cwm updates for boots and updated gapps also.

Been playing with changing the dithering to ordered instead if errdiff and seems to make vega snappier in use, upped sysctl vm.minfree from 16384 to 24576 makes stock browser a bit more stable, reduced framebuffer 2 to 8mb same as 1 but don't have cable to check hdmi still works ok but sure I seen acer a200 kernel with both set to 8mb so should - you may want to check when you get a chance to see if these make a difference.

Cheers mate .. good to be back in whatever capacity it is right now ... thanks for the heads up .. ive not looked to Ed's BSP yet, ill get to it .. the TS fixes sound fantastic, they always were a pain, the ram changes ill leave to you for the moment as id need to test to comment sensibly ..

But yeah .. ill have a look to what ive missed over the weekend and add/comment where i can .. feel like a noob right now .. lol

Cheers

Cass

Guest brucelee666

For those trying to build 4.0.4 using Eduardos device/lunch, couple of fixes:-

Once you have copied over the the files from his ics-ar600x support-src patch you need to update the android.mk file in system/netd, add "oem_iptables_hook.cpp" just above "logwrapper.c" seemed to get past netd error.

Also in shuttle/libcamera "CameraHardware.cpp" goto line 919 where it says KEY_SUPPORTED_JPEG_THUMBNAIL_SIZES and add a comma between this and the "160x120,0x0" should get past this error.

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Cass67

For those trying to build 4.0.4 using Eduardos device/lunch, couple of fixes:-

Once you have copied over the the files from his ics-ar600x support-src patch you need to update the android.mk file in system/netd, add "oem_iptables_hook.cpp" just above "logwrapper.c" seemed to get past netd error.

Also in shuttle/libcamera "CameraHardware.cpp" goto line 919 where it says KEY_SUPPORTED_JPEG_THUMBNAIL_SIZES and add a comma between this and the "160x120,0x0" should get past this error.

Holy fsck .. i never needed anything like that ... i really do need to read up and pull 4.0.4 .. god knows what i missed...

Guest brucelee666

Holy fsck .. i never needed anything like that ... i really do need to read up and pull 4.0.4 .. god knows what i missed...

I wouldn't worry to much, the first error is due to 4.0.4 as this oem* was added as not in 4.0.3 android.mk.

The second libcamera is probably due to difference from Eduardos setup to yours, 4.0.4 still compiling so doubt you will need to change much other than the oem fix.

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Scanno

never mind. just lost the compile log editing the post. Anyway my try compiling ended in a missing lib from (think it was nvrm_daemon) that is not present in the 4.0.4 version of the nvidia libs. Did not yet extract them from vegaics. What you guys think is the best way forward? Which lunch target is the best to use?

Edited by Scanno